PDA

View Full Version : New to this!!

headache
04-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Hey guys just joined the forum. Been lifting for almost 3 years typical body building routine but the last 6 months or so ive been slowly switching gears to more of a powerlifting outlook. What key things do i need to implement to fully make the switch, ive been focusing strongly on my squats deads and bench and have been doing alot of power cleans and just finished my first run of sheiko37 about a month ago. A little feedback on how my split should look stuff like that if im lacking any key info let me know ill provide it!! thanks guys

theBarzeen
04-12-2011, 12:40 PM
The biggest thing you can do for yourself is to find a powerlifting team in your area and train with them regularly. Even the best advise over the internet won't help you out as much as having a decent lifter help you in person. Ask around and I'm sure you'll find a gym in your area, or if you don't want to post your location on here for whatever reason just check powerliftingwatch..... that resource is one of the only things that site is really good for.

headache
04-12-2011, 01:18 PM
thats what i figured but just as a reference what does a normal training split look like

theBarzeen
04-12-2011, 09:29 PM
normal is relative to whatever program you are running..... the Frantz team ( that I train with right now) squats and pulls heavy on Saturday ( rating light, med, and heavy on a 3-week cycle) we bench Mondays, and do speed work and auxiliary work on Wednesday...... I also get to the gym on Sundays for conditioning work.

Some guys bench twice a week, some guys do 10-day cycles instead of 7 days...... start with whatever the team you find is running and modify it after a few months to better suit you.

Goll65
04-18-2011, 06:08 PM
how many days a week are u lifting and what days, let me know both what u can do and whats ideal