PDA

View Full Version : Officially finishing with GOMAD

Blaine Masters
04-12-2011, 09:13 AM
After 2 and a half months, I'm gonna stop doing GOMAD. I've made some decent gains from it, but i think I'm gonna seriously cut down on the milk. I just find i can eat more food when i don't drink milk. I'll still occasionally drink a pint of milk here and there, but not to often.

Is this the right thing to do, or am i making a mistake? I just don't wanna pack on anymore fat.

killxswitch
04-12-2011, 09:28 AM
If your diet is making you too fat then I would adjust it like you said. Personally I've always thought the GOMAD "diet" was stupid. A gallon of whole milk every day, what could go wrong?

Blaine Masters
04-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Theres not alot of fat tbh, but i dunno, it seems like milk was filling me up and i was eating enough. It's done it's job though, gonna start eating some quality protein foods instead.

StLRPh
04-12-2011, 09:40 AM
it seems like milk was filling me up and i was eating enough

this is what happened to me. I think you have a good idea going forward

RichMcGuire
04-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Well, milk is a really high quality protein. In the end, it doesn't matter what you eat or drink..it's all about the macros! If you want to drink your Calories, then thats up to you.

The problem with GOMAD is many people simply add on an entire gallon right off the bat. Thats 2400 extra Calories for most containers. Thats not exactly a gradual increase. They end up with some massive shits and extra bodyfat.

Even if someone is smart about it and gradually works up to a gallon, few people need to eat 2 or 3 meals a day on top of gomad to see weight gain. I'm talking about 1-2 lbs per week (after the first couple weeks). Most of the time, gomad people celebrate 10 lb gains a month. Or youll see someone who gained 15 lbs in 2 months or whatever. Your body (without drugs) has a very limited amount of muscle it can add. Im sorry but you cant force your body to make more muscle than it is capable of by gagging on a gallon of milk. What ends up happening is, people gain about 1-3 lbs of LBM per month (note I didnt say actual dry muscle) and the rest ends up as a 3 lb shit or bodyfat.

People GROSSLY overestimate their muscle gains to correlate with their weight gain. They have no idea how huge of a difference 10-15 lbs of actual muscle makes on body comp. Look at a really competitive bodybuilder in a 5 year span. When they go up 10 lbs, they look completely different. And you can be sure this wasnt bodyfat.

Dont get me wrong..I think adding lots of milk to your diet is great and some people could really beneit from it..but I think an actual Gallon a Day is a bit overkill.

RichMcGuire
04-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Theres not alot of fat tbh, but i dunno, it seems like milk was filling me up and i was eating enough. It's done it's job though, gonna start eating some quality protein foods instead.

You could drink by quarts instead of by gallons. You'll be more hungry and you'll also be able to stay within a more reasonable Calorie range while you hit your protein requirements. Drinking 1/2 gallon of 2% or whatever you want is pretty manageable throughout the day.

Blaine Masters
04-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Mate, my shits were becoming painful, and my ass crack felt like it had sticks in it. I've eaten so much more today than i normally would, and i've still consumed 2 pints of milk.

Off Road
04-12-2011, 03:58 PM
Mate, my shits were becoming painful, and my ass crack felt like it had sticks in it.
Thanks for sharing.

RichMcGuire
04-12-2011, 06:51 PM
lol..

9stone_luke
04-13-2011, 07:25 AM
how much weight have you gained in the 2 and a half months youve been on the diet?

Blaine Masters
04-13-2011, 06:25 PM
My scales are fucked, but i would say 10 pounds at least, maybe more or less. Everyone has noticed a BIG difference in my body though

chevelle2291
04-13-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, milk is a really high quality protein. In the end, it doesn't matter what you eat or drink..it's all about the macros! If you want to drink your Calories, then thats up to you.

The problem with GOMAD is many people simply add on an entire gallon right off the bat. Thats 2400 extra Calories for most containers. Thats not exactly a gradual increase. They end up with some massive shits and extra bodyfat.

Even if someone is smart about it and gradually works up to a gallon, few people need to eat 2 or 3 meals a day on top of gomad to see weight gain. I'm talking about 1-2 lbs per week (after the first couple weeks). Most of the time, gomad people celebrate 10 lb gains a month. Or youll see someone who gained 15 lbs in 2 months or whatever. Your body (without drugs) has a very limited amount of muscle it can add. Im sorry but you cant force your body to make more muscle than it is capable of by gagging on a gallon of milk. What ends up happening is, people gain about 1-3 lbs of LBM per month (note I didnt say actual dry muscle) and the rest ends up as a 3 lb shit or bodyfat.

People GROSSLY overestimate their muscle gains to correlate with their weight gain. They have no idea how huge of a difference 10-15 lbs of actual muscle makes on body comp. Look at a really competitive bodybuilder in a 5 year span. When they go up 10 lbs, they look completely different. And you can be sure this wasnt bodyfat.

Dont get me wrong..I think adding lots of milk to your diet is great and some people could really beneit from it..but I think an actual Gallon a Day is a bit overkill.

Excellent post Rich. Seriously.

I think milk protein is excellent, but lactose as a carbohydrate source isn't that great. I think Shelby has commented on this on one of our articles on this site.

I have yet to see someone go from skinny to muscular using GOMAD. I've seen way more pictures of guys going from skinny to fat in a month's time using the protocol, though.

RichMcGuire
04-14-2011, 09:49 PM
Excellent post Rich. Seriously.

I think milk protein is excellent, but lactose as a carbohydrate source isn't that great. I think Shelby has commented on this on one of our articles on this site.

I have yet to see someone go from skinny to muscular using GOMAD. I've seen way more pictures of guys going from skinny to fat in a month's time using the protocol, though.

lol, yea, so have I. It reminds me of the "dreamer bulk" if you google it or can still get his before and after pics. It makes me wonder when people gain 10 lbs of bodyweight and only increase their lifts by 5lbs. Seems a bit fishy to me..