PDA

View Full Version : ice cream while cutting?

crazyman17
04-17-2011, 12:53 PM
If I have been cutting for 4 weeks properly no cheat meals at all, is it ok to have 1 ice cream lol

I will end up continuing the diet for at least another 4 weeks

how much would the ice cream set me back, it's just this girl wants to get an ice cream and I keep proclaiming i'm on a diet, but I've been on for 4 weeks, 1 cant do that much damage?

bgb1990
04-17-2011, 01:14 PM
if it fits into your macros i dont see why u shouldnt be able to have it and not get set back at all.

Behemoth
04-17-2011, 01:26 PM
With your consistency, one cheat meal will not set you back in the least.

f=ma
04-17-2011, 02:18 PM
just make sure its one...... its a slippery slope to binging

Mark!
04-17-2011, 03:01 PM
Oh it's a horribly icy/muddy/ky jelly/astro glide filled slippery slope when it comes to that mess. 1 won't hurt, but can you stop at 1? What about next week? She'll proclaim you did it last week and it didn't hurt, so you should be able to do it this week. If you can honestly do it once, and not have the problem of being tempted even more so, cool. Just be careful dude...

tcooper
04-17-2011, 03:06 PM
i dont have cheat meals i have cheat weekends sometimes lol. but im not trying to diet down to sub 10% bf so i dont really care. if it fits into your macros youre good to go

Iplan
04-17-2011, 03:32 PM
How about a compromise, rather than ice cream, do you have a TCBY (yogurt) shop nearby?

Also keep in mind this chick may just want you to do it because you don't want to.... Sort of as a test to see how much influence she has on you.

f=ma
04-17-2011, 03:46 PM
i think you should go get the ice cream if she is better looking than your usual tow. if not, tell her youll go with her but pass on it yourself

crazyman17
04-18-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm very disciplined, will not go down a slippery slope that is guaranteed.

I have actually been eating plain yogurt (mixed with choc flavoured protein and crushed nuts) everyday for the past almost 4 weeks lol I love it I always find room for it in my calories.

One Ice cream sounds nice, but I have been craving a dish made of dough (eg Pizza) too. I will make my mind up soon. Thanks for all the feedback.

The main thing I was worried about in the ice cream is sugar. I just HATE consuming sugar, because it tastes nice yeh but after everytime I eat sugar I just feel bad. I heard that simple refined sugar goes straight to your belly. Is this true?

For that reason even in my cheat meals I usually never consume simple refined sugar (only fruit like banana immediately after workout)

SDS
04-19-2011, 10:09 AM
Just eat the damn ice cream. I've been cutting for about 5 weeks too, and this past week I was on a 4-day motorcycle trip.....I said screw it, ate candy bars, drank cokes, ate hamburgers and fries......I didn't get to track anything but I'm pretty sure I stayed pretty near my daily calorie limit, but obviously the macros were all screwed up. It was awesome, and yesterday I had no problem getting back to the diet.

Edit: Honestly, now that I think about it, yesterday and so far today I've been craving proteins, and couldn't care less for any carbs/fats/sweets. I want to make a big pot of lean spicy chili so bad I can hardly stand it LOL So maybe cheat meals/days are key to completing a successful cut? I guess it varies from person to person.

Behemoth
04-19-2011, 12:46 PM
While I'm not one who believes 100% diet adherance and never indulging in some normal food is necessary or even healthy, it all comes down to control. I have a problem stopping once I start so I have to be very careful and planned when deviating from my diet.

I've been making a lot of protein ice cream lately which is really quite simple and incredibly filling when compared to normal ice cream, not to mention stellar macros.

I've used all sorts of protein and other things added to it the basic recipe is simply

30g protein
5g splenda (optional)
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

Blend/aerate. Freeze. Reblend.

Add other ingredients and experiment. I made the above recipe using vanilla nitrean and 6 strawberries. I made my roommate try it (who hates cottage cheese) and he agreed it tasted exactly like breyers strawberry ice cream. Except this is 200 calories of pretty much nothing but protein.

Shaun Mirjavadi
04-27-2011, 07:49 AM
While I'm not one who believes 100% diet adherance and never indulging in some normal food is necessary or even healthy, it all comes down to control. I have a problem stopping once I start so I have to be very careful and planned when deviating from my diet.

I've been making a lot of protein ice cream lately which is really quite simple and incredibly filling when compared to normal ice cream, not to mention stellar macros.

I've used all sorts of protein and other things added to it the basic recipe is simply

30g protein
5g splenda (optional)
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese

Blend/aerate. Freeze. Reblend.

Add other ingredients and experiment. I made the above recipe using vanilla nitrean and 6 strawberries. I made my roommate try it (who hates cottage cheese) and he agreed it tasted exactly like breyers strawberry ice cream. Except this is 200 calories of pretty much nothing but protein.

Nice! I do the same thing, but I go 50/50 cottege cheese and plain greek yogurt. Tasty!!! I like a cheat meal when dieting, for that I go for the real ice cream. My favorites are cookies and cream, carmel caribou, etc. lol. Usually I consume this after my Cheeseburger and fries. My last cheat meal was 20 wings from b dubs, a black and blue burger and fries, and an ice cream brownie sunday. I sweat my ass off all night, so I know that it spiked my metabolism. The next day, I didn't even gain a pound! I find that this breaks up the monotony of the diet, but you have to put it in at the proper times. I also do it as my last meal of the day, following my routine diet. That way Im not tempted to blow the day, because it is hard to stop. As you near your comp date (if you have one) I just space them out a bit. However, it does depend on your metabolism.

In other words, a bit of ice cream once and a while won't hurt. Damn, now Im thinking about my next cheat meal!

Behemoth
04-27-2011, 09:27 AM
I also do it as my last meal of the day, following my routine diet. That way Im not tempted to blow the day

Very good tactic here. I do the same.