PDA

View Full Version : Bench shirt, tweaks for the sleeve

tuna4me
04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
If I understand it.. from the 'what it's worth dept'.....if you turn your bench shirt sleeves slightly such that the sleeves are as viewed from the wearer perspective.....appear to be more turned down? or rather than turned up so that they open up the chest plate.. they will in reality be tightening it?

Does that make sense?.......or have I snorted too much creatine?:drooling:

jtteg_x
04-17-2011, 11:20 PM
if i am understanding correctly, that is called "torquing the sleeves". from your point of view, the right sleeve will be twisted counter clockwise and left sleeve twisted clockwise. i emailed ken anderson (andersonpowerlifting.com) about my sleeves being loose fitted and he suggested to try this method before splurging for a new shirt. it works...

edit: this is regarding the f6 and super katana bench shirt.

tuna4me
04-18-2011, 03:25 AM
Yes..that's exactly what I was referencing............what did you feel?............approximately how much did you twist each sleeve?............do you feel like it added more pop off the bottom?? or lock up at top??

J_Byrd
04-18-2011, 06:10 AM
I put mine on palms up. This forces the sleeves to be turned in some. I have to torque my training partners exactly as jtteg_x described. It just loads the weight more on the back of the tris/shirt. It is helpful. To me I think its more pop of the bottom.

jtteg_x
04-18-2011, 10:04 AM
I personally like to put my 2ply F6 shirt on with my palms facing each other. I can't tell the difference much but probably because I am not torquing enough? My partner twists the sleeves of his single F6 so the cut seam from his armpit is between the tri/bi area. Then he has it torqued by the end of the sleeve seam, it is well past the elbow joint. Think of it like a katana sleeve. My partner claims it helps provide support from start to lockout.

J_Byrd
04-18-2011, 01:08 PM
very well could be, there is a great video from the Supertraining guys on how to put on a shirt on youtube. I will look tonight and see If i can find it again.

theBarzeen
04-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I put mine on palms up. This forces the sleeves to be turned in some. .

this...

get in to the shirt with your palms up, then when you grab the bar the sleeves will be twisted inward.

to me this just makes it harder to touch. I prefer to control the shirt by jacking the collar down or having the sleeves pulled down a little. It's different for every shirt though. On my old BOSS it worked to twist the sleeves, but I couldn't jack the collar or it'd lock up, my 1st gen. Overkill was great with the collar jacked but not the sleeves, and twisting the sleeves just made it too hard to touch and put too much pressure on my bicep. My new 3-ply stretchy Overkill likes having the collar jacked and the sleeves, but I still don't like twisting the sleeves.