PDA

View Full Version : Bigger. Stronger. Fatter. Vol II

Pages : [1] 2

-JM-
04-18-2011, 08:32 AM
I wrapped up my last efforts with a bit of a disasterous DL comp. I got pretty sick about three days before and didnt recover in time. I have made a lot of progress over the last six months though and I hope to continue on that curve.

Below is the video of my recent DL comp. Really wanted that 272.5kg (600lb) pull but between being ill and tearing the callouses off my right hand, things didnt work out. I will put the video up anyway. Things will only get better from here. I have recently started training with a great group and already I am starting to feel really positive about my squat and bench. Thought I would kick off a new era in training with a new log. Next full power comp is late June.

KvRbrIFQ-WY

-JM-
04-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Deadlift Day

High Box Squat
medium stance
132x10
add doubled monster minis
132x3
220x3
308x3 (x4)
396x1
396x1
308x3

45* Back Raises
BWx1
against MM bands
x10 (x3)

Leg Extensions
4x10

Pulldown Abs
4x10

- - - -

Cant actually pull anything until my hand heals so I just went with this tonight. Nothing too heavy. All fast and tidy.

NickAus
04-18-2011, 03:50 PM
Nice to see your new log bro..................big things to come!!!!!

Coke
04-19-2011, 03:35 PM
You would have been well able to do as planned for the comp, but you were plain ill and not up to it...no doubt you will overcompensate next time out.

Interesting to see you created this new log, signs of going into a new realm.

-JM-
04-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Nice to see your new log bro..................big things to come!!!!!

You would have been well able to do as planned for the comp, but you were plain ill and not up to it...no doubt you will overcompensate next time out.

Interesting to see you created this new log, signs of going into a new realm.

Nick, Terry..

Thanks a lot. My training is now set to head in the direction I have wanted so I thought I would kick it off with new journal. :)

NickAus
04-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Training.......................??

Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Eddie Vedder is the Man!

-JM-
04-20-2011, 06:53 AM
Training.......................??

Looking forward to seeing what you do!

Eddie Vedder is the Man!

Not sure what you mean by (Training............??) You dismissing my efforts you cruel bastard? :)

Been listening to a little PJ today too?

-JM-
04-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Bench Night

Bench
raw
Barxlots
154x10
220x5
264x3
286x1
308x1
add shirt
352x3 -touched 3rd
396x3 -touched 2nd & 3rd
add 2.5 board
440x3
464x3
486x1
486x2

Rack Press
from chest
154x3
220x3
286x3
286x3

Side Laterals/Facepulls
3x15 each

Rope Tri Pressdowns
3x15

- - - -

Fun night. Great handling more weight but didnt get as much pop from the shirt through a 2.5 board range. Everything is coming along nicely. Shirt is breaking in well. Touched 352 quite easily. Shoulders are torn up from the rack presses though so I am icing. That is one tough movement when taking them right off the chest.

Dont want to jinx myself but the elbow pain I was getting week after week has been gone for the last month.

NickAus
04-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Not sure what you mean by (Training............??) You dismissing my efforts you cruel bastard? :)

Been listening to a little PJ today too?

Just getting you going...

Yeah I just find Pearl Jam gets better as you listen and learn about the songs............some heavy shit in the Ten album and some others.

Alive is a little freaky and I can see why he is so full of passion!

Nice bench work bro, pleased about the elbows!!

Coke
04-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Obviously having a great time with it Justin, super workout.

StLRPh
04-20-2011, 05:18 PM
doesn't look like you missed much of a step after all, great work

Brian Hopper
04-20-2011, 09:18 PM
New log...new journey!!!!!

jed
04-20-2011, 10:21 PM
You scared me hoss, thought you done gone and died or somethin'.

borracho
04-21-2011, 08:07 AM
Hahaha. At first I saw the title "Bigger.Stronger.Fatter" and noticed the little green arrow indicating this is a journal I've replied to was MIA...I thought "that fuck faced arsehole erased all my replies or what!? Are we breaking up?!?! :( " Nice to see the new journal Flyyyn!

-JM-
04-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Obviously having a great time with it Justin, super workout.

Thanks, Big Man!

doesn't look like you missed much of a step after all, great work

Cheers Matt. Right back at it.

New log...new journey!!!!!

Thats the plan , Hopp. Cheers!

You scared me hoss, thought you done gone and died or somethin'.

No no. Still hurr. :)

Hahaha. At first I saw the title "Bigger.Stronger.Fatter" and noticed the little green arrow indicating this is a journal I've replied to was MIA...I thought "that fuck faced arsehole erased all my replies or what!? Are we breaking up?!?! :( " Nice to see the new journal Flyyyn!

Damn, you found it...

Ha ha, just lololulzored out loud. Isnt it just great with the bad swears filter being lifted. Makes everything more heartfelt and meaningful.

.............and even though we were together for so long, we were really actually apart for the last six months. Its not me, its you. I changed my name and and my log and your still bullying me. This poster relocation program is teh suck.

Brian C
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Ahhh here you are. Just realized you had a new journal. Dam bro, your bench is fucking blowing up! The new crew is really paying off. 500 in no time!
Eddie Vedder is one of my alltime favorite frontman. I actually got to chat with him for almost an hour when he was in Philly last year. I was part of his security detail at the stadium and sat in his dressing room with him. Dude is out there in his thoughts and very deep, but nice as hell. Ill have to find the pic I have with him and post it ;)

-JM-
04-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Just getting you going...

Yeah I just find Pearl Jam gets better as you listen and learn about the songs............some heavy shit in the Ten album and some others.

Alive is a little freaky and I can see why he is so full of passion!

Nice bench work bro, pleased about the elbows!!

The albums you should definitely get your hands on IMHO:

Ten
V's
Vitalogy - simply because of Betterman & Nothingman. Few other good tracks but others getting slightly self indulgent.
Pearl Jam - Self Titled
Backspacer

Dont get me wrong, there are awesome songs on the likes of No Code, Yield and Riot Act but I do think they experimented a bit which is cool but I wouldnt recommend to everyone. Even Vedder himself acknowledged that most of the 'inbetween' stuff was for the more hardcore fan. I am one of those fans I believe. I mean I have the PJ stickman inked on my arm, lol. Does that make me hardcore or just a DBag? Ha! I have collected about 15 of the bootleg albums which were released for each show of the tour during the early part of the 00's. While these all have similar but not identical stapels in the set lists there are some excellent cover versions in there too, such as Wont Back Down and Sittin on the Dock Of The Bay. I also have a rare Bootleg called Flashpoint which was Vedder playing with the remaining members of the Doors.

Others worth getting are Lost Dogs, PJ Live at Benaroya Hall and the Into The Wild OST (just Vedder). I am biased though. I reckon just about everything they did was epic.

-JM-
04-22-2011, 03:12 AM
Ahhh here you are. Just realized you had a new journal. Dam bro, your bench is fucking blowing up! The new crew is really paying off. 500 in no time!
Eddie Vedder is one of my alltime favorite frontman. I actually got to chat with him for almost an hour when he was in Philly last year. I was part of his security detail at the stadium and sat in his dressing room with him. Dude is out there in his thoughts and very deep, but nice as hell. Ill have to find the pic I have with him and post it ;)

Thanks Brian. Getting yelled at certainly helps when benching.

Jealous!!!!! Is it true that he is short? They played here in June and I went to see them obviously. A friend of mine was part of the local crew. He got me one of the official road crew tshirts but said he couldnt get near the band at any point. Apparently their security is TIGHT. Defo get that picture up BC. Love to see it!

-JM-
04-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Squat Day
(work to 70% of TM)

*Scarecrows
*Lying Rear Laterals
*quad squats
*down dog to lunge
*fire hydrants
*BW squats

Squat
138x10
226x5
314x3
briefs & belt
402x3
446x2
suit straps down/ loose wraps
490x1
512x5

Accessory
none

- - - -

This was easy as expected for 12 weeks out. Feeling good. I will post the vid later.

nickp8
04-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Strong benching and squatting Justin.

-JM-
04-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Strong benching and squatting Justin.

Thanks Nick. Moving in the right direction.

-JM-
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
L-hCNHPENGI

Coke
04-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Looking excellent, cannot give enough props with the direction you've taken things.

StLRPh
04-22-2011, 06:01 PM
squats looked good, the 3rd and 5th rep were probably the best and looked like you got a little faster after the first one

Brian Hopper
04-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice job Justin!!!!!

NickAus
04-22-2011, 10:35 PM
The albums you should definitely get your hands on IMHO:

Ten
V's
Vitalogy - simply because of Betterman & Nothingman. Few other good tracks but others getting slightly self indulgent.
Pearl Jam - Self Titled
Backspacer

Dont get me wrong, there are awesome songs on the likes of No Code, Yield and Riot Act but I do think they experimented a bit which is cool but I wouldnt recommend to everyone. Even Vedder himself acknowledged that most of the 'inbetween' stuff was for the more hardcore fan. I am one of those fans I believe. I mean I have the PJ stickman inked on my arm, lol. Does that make me hardcore or just a DBag? Ha! I have collected about 15 of the bootleg albums which were released for each show of the tour during the early part of the 00's. While these all have similar but not identical stapels in the set lists there are some excellent cover versions in there too, such as Wont Back Down and Sittin on the Dock Of The Bay. I also have a rare Bootleg called Flashpoint which was Vedder playing with the remaining members of the Doors.

Others worth getting are Lost Dogs, PJ Live at Benaroya Hall and the Into The Wild OST (just Vedder). I am biased though. I reckon just about everything they did was epic.

I have those albums, they are great!

I love into the wild........I listen to it daily lol.

NickAus
04-22-2011, 10:37 PM
I see you are doing my trick with the squat rack.......making a mono!

So pleased I tried that!

Squats looked very solid bro!!

-JM-
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Looking excellent, cannot give enough props with the direction you've taken things.

Thanks a lot Terry.

squats looked good, the 3rd and 5th rep were probably the best and looked like you got a little faster after the first one

I agree Matt. Need to start nailing all reps in the proper fashion. Which none of those were.

Nice job Justin!!!!!

Cheers Hopp! Just going through the motions.

I have those albums, they are great!

I love into the wild........I listen to it daily lol.

Its a class album. Glad you have them!

I see you are doing my trick with the squat rack.......making a mono!

So pleased I tried that!

Squats looked very solid bro!!

Cheers Nick. I need to sink them better which is obvious. First time in briefs and suit in about 8 weeks. Felt good but knees need to go out harder. Thats about as close to a non walked out squat as possible without a monolift, right?

-JM-
04-23-2011, 01:54 PM
Bench / Upper Back Accessory

Bench
Barxlots
bar+DM xlots
138+DM x5 (x5)
bands off
add 3 board
226x10
314x8
314x14

Seated Arnold Press
60sx10 (x4)

CSR
4x10

VBar Lat Pulldowns
4x10

Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns / Facepulls
3x10 each

Seated DB Hammers
4x10

VBar Tri Pressdowns
3x15

- - - -

Done and dusted. If I can find a gym that is open on Monday I will be pulling that 600lber.

Brian Hopper
04-23-2011, 06:44 PM
I haven't done Arnold presses in years, I might have to do them next week.

Coke
04-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Arnold presses are a killer movement, glad to see you with 'em...whole effort is tight.

-JM-
04-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks guys. Threw them in the mix just for a little change.

-JM-
04-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Deadlift Day

Deadlift
154x10
264x5
374x3
440x2
484x2
Belt
506x1
528x1
straps up
550x1
572x1
600x1

Hypers
againstr mini & monster mini
4x15

Leg Press
1x20

Pulldown Abs
4x15

- - - -

Well I wrassled the 600 up to lock out. Only would have passed at an SM event with the hitching that went on. I will get it smoother next time. That wont be for a few weeks. :)

PsIQKjFniUY

StLRPh
04-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Not nearly as hitched as you made it sound. Great speed unti the very end, did the suit slow you down at the top?

Brian Hopper
04-25-2011, 03:28 PM
It didnt look that bad bro. Did it get stuck on your suit?

Coke
04-26-2011, 09:57 AM
Tremendous effort, in a great supportive enviroment.

NickAus
04-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Still pulling 600 bro its big!!

Yeah that is how I do the mono lol.

Looking good Justin!!

-JM-
04-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Not nearly as hitched as you made it sound. Great speed unti the very end, did the suit slow you down at the top?

Thanks matt. Yeah it i seem to slow me own a lot.

It didnt look that bad bro. Did it get stuck on your suit?

Cheers Brian. Yeah I think a few reps caught baly on those neoprene shorts I ha on. Not the suit.

Tremendous effort, in a great supportive enviroment.

Thanks Coke. Yeah, it makes a great difference to have a little 'gentle encouragement'

Still pulling 600 bro its big!!

Yeah that is how I do the mono lol.

Looking good Justin!!

Thanks Nick. I will hit is smoother next time. Know what I need to work on.

-JM-
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
By the way, the letter D on my keyboard isnt working every time I hit it.

-JM-
04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Bench Day 27th Apr

Deload

Bench
raw
132x10
176x10
220x5
264x3
308x3
330x1

Rack Press
from chest
220x5 (x3)

3Way Laterals
3x10 each way

Vbar Pressdowns
3x20

Barbell Curls
3x15

- - - -

Needed a break from the shirt.

Next comp is 23rd July. Really looking forward to it at this point.

Brian Hopper
04-28-2011, 02:54 PM
Nice work!!! Good luck training for your meet.

Coke
04-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Great session Justin...good deal on the comp this summer.

nickp8
04-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Nice benching Justin.

-JM-
04-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Nice work!!! Good luck training for your meet.

Great session Justin...good deal on the comp this summer.

Nice benching Justin.

Thanks a lot fellers. Appreciate your encouragement.

-JM-
04-29-2011, 04:02 PM
Squat Night

Squat
Barxlots
154x8
briefs
264x5
330x3
396x3
440x1
484x1
suit on straps down
550x1
light wraps
594x1
594x1
600x1

- - - -

Higher bar placement and wider stance tonight. Felt really good. Also got new metal wraps so they need broken in but certainly worked a treat. New metal briefs will be here for next Fridays session. :)

Dodgy standout on the 600. ooops.

Hge0G8tcxAU

Brian Hopper
04-29-2011, 11:47 PM
Nice speed!!! I've used that homeade monolift setup before back in the day, lol. Brought back some memories!!!

NickAus
04-30-2011, 01:31 AM
Doing real good bro.....love the videos!!

What metal briefs did you get?

Coke
04-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Nice speed!!!

No joke, I thought that right off top when I saw the vid...very impressive too, making it look easy.

Brian C
04-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Faaaaast squat bro! Kickin ass

-JM-
05-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Nice speed!!! I've used that homeade monolift setup before back in the day, lol. Brought back some memories!!!

Cheers Brian. Yeah I like that rig. Hopefully I will be working out of a mono once a month up to next comp.

Doing real good bro.....love the videos!!

What metal briefs did you get?

Viking briefs, Nick. Cheers dood. In a good spot at the moment.

No joke, I thought that right off top when I saw the vid...very impressive too, making it look easy.

Thanks a lot Terry. :)

Faaaaast squat bro! Kickin ass

Cheers BC. Hope they stay that fast.

-JM-
05-02-2011, 03:30 AM
Upper Accessory 30th Apr

Bench
132+DMs x3 (x8)

Dips
BWx10
+44lbs x10 (x3)
BWx10

WG Lat Pulldowns
5x10

Low Rows
4x10

Straight Arm Pulldowns
4x10

Inc Rev DB Flyes
3x10

Band Pressdowns
3x20

- - - -

NickAus
05-02-2011, 05:07 AM
Nice bench and lat work!!

I have started the straight arm pulldowns up again, pretty good for targeting the lats!!

I have heard the viking briefs last and last and have good stopping power, one day I want to but a pair to go under a poly suit....awesome combo!!

Brian Hopper
05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Nice work J!!!!

-JM-
05-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Nice bench and lat work!!

I have started the straight arm pulldowns up again, pretty good for targeting the lats!!

I have heard the viking briefs last and last and have good stopping power, one day I want to but a pair to go under a poly suit....awesome combo!!

Cheers Nick. Yeah I like the straight arm pulldowns. Hard to use much weight on them and you really have to stay locked in. I will report back on the briefs. Super excited to get a session in them.

Nice work J!!!!

Cheers Hopp!!

-JM-
05-03-2011, 01:46 AM
Deadlift Day

Conventionl DL
raw
132x10
220x5
308x3
396x3
484x3
belt
506x3

45* Back Raises
BWx10
+Doubled Mini Band x10 (x4)

Leg Press
DL foot placement
12pltsx10 (x4)

Decline Situps
BWx10
+22lbsx10 (x4)

Pulldown Abs
4x15

- - - -

Felt a bit shitty today for some reason. The 506 felt much heavier in my hands than I would have liked so I only did 1x3 instead of 3x3. I was meant to do block pulls afterwards but my hands were starting to tear up and I had no straps with me. Back to proper gym this week.

NickAus
05-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Nice raw work and those back raises are awesome.....going to add bands on monday to my back raises...always forget.

Good stuff on hitting the abs hard!!

-JM-
05-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Nice raw work and those back raises are awesome.....going to add bands on monday to my back raises...always forget.

Good stuff on hitting the abs hard!!

Thanks Nick. I hope the back raises are going to help my lock out on DL and my standouts on squat. I was really squeezing each rep at the top. First couple of sets werent too bad but then the band really takes a toll. Hard work when each rep is done for a pause at the top and the bottom to kill the momentum.

Yeah, you noticed I did more ab work. I need to get my core much stronger for standing out my squats. Really noticed this weakness in my last session.

NickAus
05-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Good thinking!

The back raises will no doubt help your squats and lock-out (more so with the pause)........for me they help me most with seperating the weight from blocks on block pulls not so much lock-out.

Looking forward to seeing you progress on the back raises and report how they have helped.

Brian Hopper
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Nice work Justin!!! I've been there before with the hands getting torn up. Sometimes after a nice and heavy deadlift session it's hard for me to go and do pullups or pulldowns without straps because my hands would feel like they are on fire.

-JM-
05-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Good thinking!

The back raises will no doubt help your squats and lock-out (more so with the pause)........for me they help me most with seperating the weight from blocks on block pulls not so much lock-out.

Looking forward to seeing you progress on the back raises and report how they have helped.

Yeah, its the initial push of the hips through in breaking the weight off the floor or blocks and in turn with the squat when standing out. Benificial all round :)

Nice work Justin!!! I've been there before with the hands getting torn up. Sometimes after a nice and heavy deadlift session it's hard for me to go and do pullups or pulldowns without straps because my hands would feel like they are on fire.

Yep, thats that feeling. Hot swolen hands in tatters and all you want to do is dunk them in ice. I have been busted these past few sessions after DLs. I have decided to only pull heavy from the floor every 3rd week. The other weeks I will me subbing in an ME movement. Either partial DLs or GMs, Front squats etc. I have nothing to lose. Its been kicking the bag out of me recently.

-JM-
05-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Bench Night

Bench
raw
barxlots
154x10
220x5
286x1
308x1
shirt
396x3
add 2.5 board
440x3
462x1
486x1
528x0
528x0
506x1

shirt off
3 board
308x10
319x8
330x5

CGBP
220x15

DB Side Laterals
3x15

- - - -

The first attempt with 528 was smooth considering its the heaviest I have handled but I missed the lockout on my right arm for some reason. No problem taking it again. I thought I would nail it but got careless and took the hand out with soft elbows and it dumped on the boards. Good night otherwise. The 506 looked sharp. 528 will fall soon enough. I will work on taking the 506 to a 1 board.

Family sized portion of quesidillas (sp?) and then off to bed. Boom!

NickAus
05-04-2011, 05:40 PM
Good bench work!!

Your raw is solid now and the shirt is coming right up.

I agree that back raises help all round.........understated movement IMO.

Brian Hopper
05-04-2011, 05:45 PM
That's not a bad idea, that way you stay fresh.

Brian C
05-04-2011, 08:58 PM
awesome bench night Justin. your numbers are climbing quick.

Coke
05-05-2011, 01:24 AM
your numbers are climbing quick.

No joke, numbers with the big 3 are out of the park.

-JM-
05-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Good bench work!!

Your raw is solid now and the shirt is coming right up.

I agree that back raises help all round.........understated movement IMO.

Cheers Nick. Funny, I never train raw specifically. It has just increased as my equipped has increased. For as long as that lasts, I will take it any day of the week, lol.

That's not a bad idea, that way you stay fresh.

Thats the plan, Hopp. Nothing to lose anyway.

awesome bench night Justin. your numbers are climbing quick.

Thanks BC. I have to say its a lot to do with those animals I am training with and you know the difference that makes when you have a good team about you. A guy in the group manhandled 704 to a 2 board last night. He is also the biggest and youngest. Its fucking frightening.

No joke, numbers with the big 3 are out of the park.

Thanks a lot Coke. Getting the head down and going for it these days, lol.

borracho
05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
quesidillas (sp?)

quesadilla....but you can spell it how ever the hell you want with a bench work out like that! Awesome bench work...raw pressing looks like its blowing up. 220x15 CGs is insane...especially after all taht other work. Nice work J!

-JM-
05-06-2011, 03:46 PM
quesadilla....but you can spell it how ever the hell you want with a bench work out like that! Awesome bench work...raw pressing looks like its blowing up. 220x15 CGs is insane...especially after all taht other work. Nice work J!

Cheers John. I actually wanted to see if I could do 220x20 but by the last few reps it felt like a truck. I was toast anyway. Yeah, i had a lot of quesadillas right before bed....there go my dreams of teh vascularity :)

-JM-
05-06-2011, 04:01 PM
Squat Day

Squat
briefs on from the get go
132x10
220x5
308x3
396x3
belt
440x3
506x1
528x1
550x1
wraps
572x1 PR of sorts

Pulldown Abs
3x15

Pull Throughs
3x10

- - - -

This was a commercial gym effort so I fired my crappy briefs on under my shorts. Also the last time I will be in these briefs so I gave them a good send off. I say PR of sorts because I put my silver metal wraps on that arent even broken in. Didnt try to crank them at all. Only about five turns and still, they were awesome.

Brian Hopper
05-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Strong squats Justin, and good job on the PR (of sorts) lol.

Coke
05-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Steadily setting higher standards for your lifts...way to always be at it.

NickAus
05-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Nice PR bro.........always moving forward!!

-JM-
05-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Thanks a lot guys. Really appreciate you fellas taking the time to pop in here.

-JM-
05-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Upper Accessory

Floor Press
132x10
220x8 (x2)
154x5 (x5) different grips

Arnold Press
44sx10
66sx10 (x3)

Ghetto TBars
3platesx10
4.5platesx10 (x3)

HS Lat Pulldowns
4platesx10 (x3)

Facepulls
4x12

Band Pressdowns
3x20

- - - -

Did a DE effort Floor Press instead of full ROM bench. Good change and not too brutal on my elbows which are playing up again after squatting on Friday.

Brian Hopper
05-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Good job on changing up your speed bench movement to floor presses. That sounds like a good idea, you can still do them with chains or bands.

NickAus
05-08-2011, 05:05 PM
Awesome idea mixing it up and I like the mixed grips!!

Good training in here Justin!!

Coke
05-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Fine session there Justin.

-JM-
05-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Good job on changing up your speed bench movement to floor presses. That sounds like a good idea, you can still do them with chains or bands.

Awesome idea mixing it up and I like the mixed grips!!

Good training in here Justin!!

Fine session there Justin.

Thanks doods. Trying to do what I need to do rather than just blindly following generic protocols.

-JM-
05-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Deadlift Day

Chain Suspended GMs
close stance and bar just above belly button
132x5
220x3
264x3
308x1
belt
352x1
396x1
418x1
440x1
462x1

Reverse Hypers
BWx10
+2 monster minis x10 (x3)
BWx10

Rope Pull Throughs
~Dimel DL ROM
4x10

Weighted Decline Situps
4x10 w/ 22lbs

- - - -

Left plenty in tank with GMs. I will hit them again in a few weeks and aim to go heavier. Quite a solid movement once I got used to the set up. Glad I did not to have to pull today :) As my weakness is getting my hips through at the end of my pull, I loaded up the cable with the full stack plus plates and did a short ROM rope pull through. Really flexed my glutes going through. Actually mimicked the end of the pull brilliantly.

Brian C
05-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Crazy strong GMs bud. Excellant day.

Coke
05-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Oh hell no, can't believe those incredible GMs, and this is just for starters.

borracho
05-09-2011, 11:17 AM

Thats a good idea! I think I'll start adding some bands when I do FP...thanks Brian.

.,......I loaded up the cable with the full stack plus plates.....
lol, at first I thought you typed pilates.

Huge GMs J! As soon as this back issue goes away I will be adding those in the mix for my self.

Brian Hopper
05-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Great job today Justin!!!

brihead301
05-10-2011, 06:37 AM
I just now noticed that you have a "volume 2" journal going on...goes to show you that I'm slackin on the JWing....still strong as a motherfucker though, no doubt!!! You GM about as much as I squat you fucking freak-o-nature!!!

NickAus
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Great day!!

Really like your dimel style pull-throughs......very clever and will no doubt acheive what your after.

I see you pulling 700 sooner than you may think!!

-JM-
05-12-2011, 03:57 AM
Crazy strong GMs bud. Excellant day.

Thanks BC. Not a bad movement after I got used to it.

Oh hell no, can't believe those incredible GMs, and this is just for starters.

Lol, cheers Terry. Very kind.

Thats a good idea! I think I'll start adding some bands when I do FP...thanks Brian.

lol, at first I thought you typed pilates.

Huge GMs J! As soon as this back issue goes away I will be adding those in the mix for my self.

For sure John. Get them in there. Pilates is the shiz :P

Thanks, man.

Great job today Justin!!!

Cheers Hopp!

I just now noticed that you have a "volume 2" journal going on...goes to show you that I'm slackin on the JWing....still strong as a motherfucker though, no doubt!!! You GM about as much as I squat you fucking freak-o-nature!!!

Me too Bri. Havent gotten round them all as much as I would like. Thanks for the kind words.

Great day!!

Really like your dimel style pull-throughs......very clever and will no doubt acheive what your after.

I see you pulling 700 sooner than you may think!!

Hopefully the more focused accessory will help me out. 700, wow....bit to go yet, lol. Thanks Nick.

-JM-
05-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Bench Night

Bench
raw
Barxlot
154x10
220x5
264x3
308x1
shirt
352x3
2 board
396x3
440x2
484x1*

*Stopped at this point. Compression pain in left forearm was beyond bearable when I released the bar.

Didnt want to do anymore pressing so I did some back work.

DB Rows
90x10 (x3)
90x20

WG Lat Pulldowns
3x10
2x8

Facepulls
4x12

- - - -

I was actually dissapointed at how this went at first but I think I made a good call. My forearm has been getting worse these past few weeks. I ordered a set of 36" inzer wraps on Monday which should be here today or tomorrow so I will see if they add any extra support that I am not getting using my 12" ones. Otherwise I probably just need to rest it.

My Metal briefs arrived. Holy shit, they make the single ply stuff I have seem like a pair of Y Fronts. These things feel fucking bullet proof. Cant wait to get a blast in them tomorrow.

Brian Hopper
05-12-2011, 08:08 AM
I've had that pain before and it sucks bro, I think you made a GREAT call by stopping.

Have fun with your new briefs, i'm looking forward to seeing how well you do in them.

Coke
05-12-2011, 06:42 PM
My Metal briefs arrived. Holy shit, they make the single ply stuff I have seem like a pair of Y Fronts. These things feel fucking bullet proof. Cant wait to get a blast in them tomorrow.

Damn good situation to be in, lol...not so much so with the forearm pain, shit happened to me before too and I even got it at times in my palm/wrist region.

Brian C
05-12-2011, 09:56 PM
When your spotter takes the bar, tell him not to jerk it out of your hands. If you can, bench with a 3 man spot and have them take the bar easy from you so your forearms will decompress slower...if this makes sense. Tone and Mike Ski have this problem. The pain comes when the tension is pulled away too quickly.

Hell yeah! big squats coming with those bad boys. Eager to see how they work for you bud.

NickAus
05-12-2011, 11:14 PM
When your spotter takes the bar, tell him not to jerk it out of your hands. If you can, bench with a 3 man spot and have them take the bar easy from you so your forearms will decompress slower...if this makes sense. Tone and Mike Ski have this problem. The pain comes when the tension is pulled away too quickly.

Hell yeah! big squats coming with those bad boys. Eager to see how they work for you bud.

Great advice!!

NickAus
05-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Always liked the sound of those Viking briefs...........one day :)

-JM-
05-13-2011, 08:34 AM
I've had that pain before and it sucks bro, I think you made a GREAT call by stopping.

Have fun with your new briefs, i'm looking forward to seeing how well you do in them.

Thanks Hopp. What did you do to fix your arm when you had this issue?

Damn good situation to be in, lol...not so much so with the forearm pain, shit happened to me before too and I even got it at times in my palm/wrist region.

Thanks Terry. Yes as you say, not fun. Is it something I have to live with?

Thanks for the great advice yet again BC. That sounds like a good idea. I will also release my grip much slower and see if that helps. Would you mind asking Tone and Mike if they take any measures outsied of the gym to fix it? just if you remember to bro that would be teriffic!

Great advice!!

Always liked the sound of those Viking briefs...........one day :)

Cheers Nick. They are like fucking armour. They stand up by themselves like a canvas, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks Hopp. What did you do to fix your arm when you had this issue?

I'm not 100% sure what I did, lol. But, I did add in more forearm work which I think helped strengthen my forearms some. Are you wrapping your wrists too tight? This also helped me out some, Does it only do it when you bench in a shirt?

nickp8
05-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Nice benching Justin, sorry to hear about your arm though.

-JM-
05-14-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm not 100% sure what I did, lol. But, I did add in more forearm work which I think helped strengthen my forearms some. Are you wrapping your wrists too tight? This also helped me out some, Does it only do it when you bench in a shirt?

Yeah, I have been thinking about more forearm work for a while. Any suggestions. My forearms are like twigs it seems.

Nice benching Justin, sorry to hear about your arm though.

Thanks Nick. No biggie.

-JM-
05-14-2011, 02:56 AM
Squat Day

Squat
132x10
220x5
briefs
308x3
396x3
belt
440x2
484x2
528x1
wraps
572x1 (x4)

- - - -

Trained at different gym. Rig was just plain dangerous. Floor was actually uneven under my feet and I was wobbling about all over the place. Loved the metal briefs though. There is a hell of a lot more in them.

Brian Hopper
05-14-2011, 06:47 AM
I always do wrist curls and hammer curls. No special rep scheme, I hit them just as hard as anything else. One day do hammers and on another do wrist curls & reverse wrist curls. I do these for forearm strength not grip strength.

Coke
05-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Did quite well with those squats, not too sure about the conditions in that specific gym though, lol.

Brian Hopper
05-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Those are some dangerous conditions. Were you familiar with this gym or was it a place you just wanted to try out?

Brian C
05-15-2011, 08:00 AM
Nice squat stability training! :P Glad you didnt kill yourself with thoses conditions. Nice work in the Metals.
Mike is going through the pain still, so we try and relieve it by taking the weight of the bar and letting him release slowly. Seems to work. Tone ill ask, but I think it was much of the same.

-JM-
05-16-2011, 08:34 AM
I always do wrist curls and hammer curls. No special rep scheme, I hit them just as hard as anything else. One day do hammers and on another do wrist curls & reverse wrist curls. I do these for forearm strength not grip strength.

Those are some dangerous conditions. Were you familiar with this gym or was it a place you just wanted to try out?

Thanks Hopp. I got some wrist and reverse wrist curls in after deadlifting today. I was familiar with the gym. Its the one I used to use all the time. Just that the rack had moved and there mats under it that were just making everything unstable. If I had more time I could have rigged a more secure set up but I didnt.

Did quite well with those squats, not too sure about the conditions in that specific gym though, lol.

For sure Coke. But nobody got hurt, lol. Thats the main thing.

Nice squat stability training! :P Glad you didnt kill yourself with thoses conditions. Nice work in the Metals.
Mike is going through the pain still, so we try and relieve it by taking the weight of the bar and letting him release slowly. Seems to work. Tone ill ask, but I think it was much of the same.

Lol cheers BC. I am going to try and get the guys to take the bar as you say. I have also started some direct wrist and forearm work.. Try and get some strength in these skinny ass wrists of mine!!

-JM-
05-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Bench Accessory - 14th May

Floor Press
132x10
154x5 (x5)

Seated DB Military Press
palms facing
75sx10 (x4)

Dips
BWx10 (x3)
BWx20

Lying DB Ext
4x10

VBar Pressdowns
3x20

Cable Curls
3x15

- - - -

I am leaving the upper back stuff for heavy bench day. I took things a bit easier in this session so as not to cause my forearm too much aggravation and the last two things I did were just to keep the elbow pain at bay. Has anyone used aspsrin before a session to try and eleviate elbow pain? I am assuming through thinning the blood it gets what little blood there is in tendons through slightly better?

-JM-
05-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Deadlift Training

SLDL
w/ 70lbs chain
132+chain x10
220+chain x5
308+chain x3
396+chain x3
484+chain x3
507+chain x3

Leg Press
10plates x10 (x4)

Decline Situps
BWx10
+2 bands x10 (x4)

Rope Pullthroughs
dimel style ROM
4x15

Wrist & Forearm Stuff
~6 sets

- - - -

I be platin' !!!

Got vids of last two sets of SLDL's. Looked easy on video but didnt feel just as pleasant :)

Video of last set. 507+chain x3
6LqYWqJILvM&sns

If the vid hasnt worked I will fix it later. I cant get the file name correctly off my phone.

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 09:13 AM
It looked very easy in the video, lol. Remember to start throwing your hips forward at the top.

StLRPh
05-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Looked easy on video but didnt feel just as pleasant :)

deadlifts always feel like that to me, video probably tells a truer story

Coke
05-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Damn, clearly breezed right through those deads.

NickAus
05-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Holy S&%T that is strong SLDL work!!

I need to take mine up a notch..............or two.

Fantastic!!

Brian C
05-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Great SLDLs bro! Frickin strong showing there. Your looking thick as hell too. Wheres your weight at?

-JM-
05-18-2011, 08:21 AM
It looked very easy in the video, lol. Remember to start throwing your hips forward at the top.

Thanks Hopp. Great call with the hips!

deadlifts always feel like that to me, video probably tells a truer story

Yeah, I might have a few more lbs left in me there with that movement. We will see. :)

Damn, clearly breezed right through those deads.

Thanks big man!

Holy S&%T that is strong SLDL work!!

I need to take mine up a notch..............or two.

Fantastic!!

Thanks a lot Nick. I saw the challenge proposed in your log. I will do my best to keep you chasing it ;)

Great SLDLs bro! Frickin strong showing there. Your looking thick as hell too. Wheres your weight at?

Thanks a lot BC. I am sitting around 235lbs morning weight.

-JM-
05-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Raw Bench Training

Bench
barxlots
132x10
220x5
264x5
286x5
308x5
3 board
308x1
352x1
374x1
407x1 - PR

Rack Press
starting on chest
220x5
264x3
286x3
308x3

Barbell Rows
5 sets

VBar Lat Pulldowns
5 sets

- - - -

Flying solo for some raw work today. Felt great. No real forearm problems so it is really just when I start to get 450+ that the pain starts. I plan to do two weeks in the shirt, and two weeks raw. The first raw week will be a max effort session and the 2nd will depend on how I feel. Either go at it or deload. We will see.

Edit: By the way, those rack presses starting off the chest are fucking brutal. Try them!

3Board 407x1
_UqlGo3Elbo&sns

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Awesome job on the PR!!!! I'm glad to see your forearms weren't bothering you. Did you feel any pain at all? Especially after you racked that last set and let go of the bar?

nickp8
05-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Great job on the pr.

Brian C
05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Bench is really taking of Justin, great work. congrats on the PR

Coke
05-19-2011, 12:23 AM
Major props on the continually stellar lifts!!

-JM-
05-19-2011, 05:33 AM
Awesome job on the PR!!!! I'm glad to see your forearms weren't bothering you. Did you feel any pain at all? Especially after you racked that last set and let go of the bar?

Cheers Hopp!. Felt a twinge but it was nothing like the past two weeks. I think the longer wraps not wrapped so that they strangle my hands worked better too. You had asked if I had my wraps on mega tight and yes I did. I think they kind of torqued my wrist and forearm. Thanks for all the input, big guy. Really appreciate it.

Great job on the pr.

Cheers Nick! 33lber of a PR no less, lol.

Bench is really taking of Justin, great work. congrats on the PR

Thanks a lot BC. Using all the great pointers you have given me along the way.

Major props on the continually stellar lifts!!

Thanks a lot Coke. Hope things stay as such.

-JM-
05-19-2011, 05:36 AM
Heres the video of the 407x1 to a 3 Board. Hopefully it works this time, lol.

_UqIGo3EIbo

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Cheers Hopp!. Felt a twinge but it was nothing like the past two weeks. I think the longer wraps not wrapped so that they strangle my hands worked better too. You had asked if I had my wraps on mega tight and yes I did. I think they kind of torqued my wrist and forearm. Thanks for all the input, big guy. Really appreciate it.
Sometimes I can't wrap my wrists that tight. Well hopefully next time you shirt up and increase the weight you won't feel any pain.

Brian Hopper
05-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Heres the video of the 407x1 to a 3 Board. Hopefully it works this time, lol.

_UqIGo3EIbo

Strong press!!!

StLRPh
05-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Nice work on the PR and 308 dead press is crazy strong!

NickAus
05-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Congrats bro well done!!

Brian C
05-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Dude, your setup looks phenominal! Very strong press, great work. Do you feel working the shirt so much is helping your raw press? I usually cant wrap my hands too tight myself because it really starts to effect my grip strength. My pinky will curlso much from the tendon compression,I cant get it tight on the bar. I just ordered Elites heavy wristwraps. they cast your hands pretty well without having to crank them extremely tight.

-JM-
05-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Sometimes I can't wrap my wrists that tight. Well hopefully next time you shirt up and increase the weight you won't feel any pain.

Strong press!!!

Thanks Brian! I hope so mate. Thanks again for all the advice.

Nice work on the PR and 308 dead press is crazy strong!

Cheers Matt. If they dont work for increasing strength off the chest, nothing will!!

Congrats bro well done!!

Cheers Nick. Had a good day.

Dude, your setup looks phenominal! Very strong press, great work. Do you feel working the shirt so much is helping your raw press? I usually cant wrap my hands too tight myself because it really starts to effect my grip strength. My pinky will curlso much from the tendon compression,I cant get it tight on the bar. I just ordered Elites heavy wristwraps. they cast your hands pretty well without having to crank them extremely tight.

Well, thanks to you BC. I utilised every bit of your advice along the way. It is far from perfect though its a damn sight better. Always a work in progress. Its been great training with a group too. Learnt more in the last six weeks than I have in the past two years, lol.

I have definately been experiencing the same thing. I always thought wrapping them tighter is best. Really finding that its not. A good set of stiff wraps wound moderately tight is the ticket.

-JM-
05-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Squat Training

Box Squat w/ foam
132x10
220x10
add 110lbs chain
add briefs
308+chain x5
396+chain x2
484+chain x2
484+chain x2
484+chain x2
add light wraps
506+chain x1
wraps off
396+chain x10 < accessory :)

- - - -

Everything was fast and easy. Worst part was my take outs.....AGAIN. Still a dodgy rig which took me ages to set up (as best I could) though not as bad as last week. I will be taking things easy next week as my brother in law is getting married on the Saturday and my wife made me promise her I wouldnt go heavy and end up with squat face and blood shot eyes for the wedding day. The week after, I will really get things going. I will be travelling with the rest of the gang so we can use a monolift on Fridays. Bit of a trek away but looking forward to it. Nine weeks out!!

1mmz-153dwo

I just realised that in the vid, the first two sets are the same ones, lol. I will try and fix that though you get the idea :clown:

brihead301
05-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Haha had to promise the wife that you won't have "squat face and blood shot eyes" again, that's great!!! I can't wait to see how much ass you kick at your next comp in a couple months...you're gonna kill it!

Brian Hopper
05-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Squats looked really good and strong. I would suggest not rocking on the box. Use your upper back, hips and glutes to get off.

Brian C
05-20-2011, 06:48 PM
My wife cringes on Saturdays when I come home from squatting. I blow like a million vessels each week lol. Great work bud.

Coke
05-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Great family wedding day coming up, not much can beat that...box squats are ace Justin.

-JM-
05-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Haha had to promise the wife that you won't have "squat face and blood shot eyes" again, that's great!!! I can't wait to see how much ass you kick at your next comp in a couple months...you're gonna kill it!

Yeah, she is funny about that. Prob doesnt want me ruining the photos with a big tomato face. Really looking forward to the comp. Thanks a lot Bri.

Squats looked really good and strong. I would suggest not rocking on the box. Use your upper back, hips and glutes to get off.

Cheers Hopp. I will be more mindful of the rocking. I noticed you mentioned the same thing to BrianC and I said I do the same thing even though I am trying not to, lol. Good call as always!

My wife cringes on Saturdays when I come home from squatting. I blow like a million vessels each week lol. Great work bud.

Cheers BC. ''That cant be good for you'' is what I hear a lot of these days. My wife came to my last competition. She was'nt put off going to my next one so that was a positive :)

Great family wedding day coming up, not much can beat that...box squats are ace Justin.

Thanks a lot Terry. Looking forward to it. Its a free bar all day and the catering is top of the line. What could be better? lol.

-JM-
05-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Bench Accessory - 21st May

Bench
Barxlots
Bar+DMs x10
132+DMs x5 (x5)
varied grips

Dips
BWx10
against mini x10
against 2 minis x15 (x2)

Lying Rear Delt DB Raise
3x12

Plate Raise
3x10

V Bar Lat Pulldowns
5x10

Panora Press
4x15

DB Preachers
hammer grip
4x10

- - - -

Decent session and high tempo. Gym was quietish which meant I got to do what I wanted straight away. My weight is down slightly but strength is still the same if not up. No real issues with elbows or forearms. I have really cut down on salt and processed carbs. Things were getting out of hand and I had a mega bloat going on.

NickAus
05-23-2011, 03:26 AM
Nice speed and assistance upper day!!

Salt........hmmmmmmmmmmm

-JM-
05-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Nice speed and assistance upper day!!

Salt........hmmmmmmmmmmm

Cheers dood. Salt makes my suits fit good :evillaugh:

borracho
05-23-2011, 08:22 AM
Rack presses are a hard movement and you used some heavy ass weights on it...good deal! Also huge SLDL pull!

-JM-
05-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Deadlift Training

Speed Pulls Conv
w/ 110lbs chains
132x10
220x10
220+chains x1
308+chains x1
396+chains x1
418+chains x1
396+chains x1 (x8)

Leg Press
10pltsx10
12pltsx10 (x4)

Close Stance Arched Back GMs
132x10 (x4)

Decline Situps
BWx10
+monster mini x10 (x4)

Rope Pull Throughs
dimel style ROM
4x10

Wrist/Forearm Stuff
6 sets of 12-15

- - - -

Started off sluggish with the pulls but came good for the last 6 sets or so. The 418+chains wasnt moving quite fast as I wanted but it may have if I kept with it for more sets. Anyway speed was the name of the game today and I did just that.

The leg presses were a knees to chin type deal which I havent really done in a while. Legs were like jelly. I want a few inches on them to tighten up my briefs :)

Coke
05-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Good job with the back-to-back workouts.

Brian Hopper
05-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Awesome work on both sessions!!!

Brian C
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Solid work buddyy!

-JM-
05-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Rack presses are a hard movement and you used some heavy ass weights on it...good deal! Also huge SLDL pull!

Good job with the back-to-back workouts.

Awesome work on both sessions!!!

Solid work buddyy!

Thanks a lot doods. I appreciate you all taking the time to continuously drop in here!!

-JM-
05-25-2011, 07:42 AM
Bench Training

Bench
w/ doubled monster minis
Barxlots
Bar+bands xlots
138+bands x5
182+bands x5
2 board
226+bands x2
248+bands x1
270+bands x1
292+bands x1
314+bands x0

Rack Press
start 2" off chest
226x3
270x3
314x3

VBar Low Rows
to belly
5x10

Cable Pull Aparts
3x10

Lying DB Ext
3x10

- - - -

So, I hate bands. Little too casual with the top set and wasnt for fighting once the bands kicked in hard and the bar stopped, lol. Should have deloaded as I was in two minds to do that in the first place. Made for a lackadaisical day. I will hammer that again in a few weeks time.

Brian C
05-25-2011, 08:01 AM
292+bands to a 2brd is no joke bud, fantastic work! Im really impressed with your bench progress lately. I got to get my ass in gear

-JM-
05-25-2011, 08:20 AM
292+bands to a 2brd is no joke bud, fantastic work! Im really impressed with your bench progress lately. I got to get my ass in gear

Cheers BC. The 292 was a smoke show. The 314 felt 200lbs heavier and with exactly 3178lbs of tension (at the top) already added by the bands it was just too heavy. :clown:

-JM-
05-25-2011, 08:22 AM
I love reading this guys log when I can. Very entertaining.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=146488&tid=

StLRPh
05-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Steve is pretty entertaining

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 02:19 PM
Strong benching!!!!

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 02:20 PM
I love reading this guys log when I can. Very entertaining.

http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=146488&tid=

Did you see this one:
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=146412&tid=

nickp8
05-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Nice benching Justin.

NickAus
05-25-2011, 09:14 PM
Nice speed pulls............did you wear any gear other than your super powered power bet?

Bench day looked good, monsters add plenty!!

Brian C
05-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Steve owns our gym. He is one funny dude, but looks like a fucking monster. Great guy

Brian Hopper
05-25-2011, 09:30 PM
From the pics i've seen, his gym is pretty bad ass.

-JM-
05-26-2011, 01:20 AM
Steve is pretty entertaining

For sure. Andy Deck has a good sense of humour too.

Strong benching!!!!

Thanks Hopp! It was just ok.

Did you see this one:
http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?qid=146412&tid=

Yes I did! Funny shit. No pun. :)

Nice benching Justin.

Cheers Nick.

Nice speed pulls............did you wear any gear other than your super powered power bet?

Bench day looked good, monsters add plenty!!

Ha cheers Nick. That belt is actually shit. Its all mangled and distorted. Its a Toro. Would not recommend. I had on a pair of loose single ply briefs too.

Steve owns our gym. He is one funny dude, but looks like a fucking monster. Great guy

He does look like a fucking monster. I actually burst out laughing when he told that story about pinning the homeless guy for the female cop but wondering why he went down so easy.......then he reads in the paper that the dude was 84 years old!!!

From the pics i've seen, his gym is pretty bad ass.

It looks like a great spot!!

NickAus
05-26-2011, 04:34 AM
Yeah my belt has been used and abused bad, I could peel the layers apart if I wanted its not even one solid peice of raw hide........makes you look hardcore though :)

Again, impressed by the way your moving forward steady bro!!

NickAus
05-27-2011, 12:17 AM
Its been at least two days since you posted some squatting..........you ok? :)

-JM-
06-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Cheers Nick! Thanks for the concern bro. I was at a family wedding on Saturday and I have been lying low the past few days. I had booked some time off work to spend time with the kids.

Took a bit of a deload on squats on Friday.

Worked up to 462x2 to a low box
3 sets of 45* back raises
3 sets of leg extensions

and that was it!

-JM-
06-01-2011, 05:12 AM
My wife and I at her brothers wedding on Saturday. Great time. I had to hire a fatboy suit size so that it would fit around the chest and shoulders. Ended up billowing out the front. Need to work on my belly :)

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30215&stc=1&d=1306926663

-JM-
06-01-2011, 06:58 AM
Bench Training

Bench
raw, pinky on ring
barxlots
132x10
add 110lbs chain
132+chain x5
220+chain x5
2 board
264+chain x1
286+chain x1
308+chain x1 (vid)
no boards no chains
308x3 CG & paused

CG Floor Press
220x10 (x3)

Fatman Pullups
3x10

Tbars
3x10

Side Laterals
2x20

- - - -

I didnt know what to expect in this session. I felt stiff, weak and deflated going in but everything fired up for me as I hit the singles on bench. Diet has been poor (hardly ate much) since Sunday but I am back on track. BW was 236 which shocked me a bit. I really felt as light and weak as a kitten.

Brian Hopper
06-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Glad to see you had a good time at the wedding. Now it's time to get back to work, lol. What are "Fatman pullups"?

Coke
06-01-2011, 11:36 AM
You and your wife are looking great!! - - Thanks for sharing the pic.

Efforts are on point as well, always.

Brian C
06-01-2011, 12:10 PM
Great work Justin. 308+chains is awesome bro. Wife is beautiful also :)

-JM-
06-01-2011, 12:56 PM
5FEsWvc9UGY

borracho
06-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Bench is looking great! the CGs after all the other work is impressive...paused CGs with that would be a biotch.

nickp8
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Nice benching Justin.

-JM-
06-02-2011, 01:20 AM
Glad to see you had a good time at the wedding. Now it's time to get back to work, lol. What are "Fatman pullups"?

Yes Hopp, back to work!! Party time is over. Fatman Pullups are (i think) just assisted pullups. Although these ones were done on rings and my feet were supported.

You and your wife are looking great!! - - Thanks for sharing the pic.

Efforts are on point as well, always.

Thanks Terry. Back at it hard for the next 8 weeks. :)

Great work Justin. 308+chains is awesome bro. Wife is beautiful also :)

Thanks BC. This was much easier than the 308+doubled monster minis, lol.

Bench is looking great! the CGs after all the other work is impressive...paused CGs with that would be a biotch.

Cheers John. Five would have been nice though. Next time :)

Nice benching Justin.

Thanks a lot Nick!

Brian Hopper
06-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Gotcha!!!

-JM-
06-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Squat Training

Squat
132x10
220x10
briefs
308x5
396x3
belt
440x1
484x1
506x1
528x1
528x1
506x1

Weighted Decline Situps
4x12

Pulldowns Abs
3x15

- - - -

Meh, FML etc.....

Dunno what the fuck was up today. Felt really unstable. I am losing weight like crazy as I am trying to eat clean. Briefs slid on like boxer shorts. Fuck this. Its burger time. Need to get back to 242. I am sitting around 232. 242 is where I have been strongest.

I have noticed though that when I eat shit, I feel like shit. I just cant hammer enough 'clean' food. Moany little bitch arent I.

I have 7 weeks to get things together.

StLRPh
06-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Sounds like it's time to put the "fatter" back in this log :)

the other option is to go to 220lb......

borracho
06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
I have noticed though that when I eat shit, I feel like shit. I just cant hammer enough 'clean' food. Moany little bitch arent I.

Its a rough trade off aint it?

Although you didnt feel 100% still made a good effort. Guess you'll just have to deal with feeling like shit for hte next 7 weeks :clown:

Brian Hopper
06-03-2011, 03:02 PM
If you feel the strongest at 242 then I think it's time to put some weight on. Just don't do it by eating crap, lol.

nickp8
06-03-2011, 09:05 PM
I have noticed though that when I eat shit, I feel like shit. I just cant hammer enough 'clean' food.

Tell me about it. It is so much easier eating shitty food that is calorie dense. Squats seemed solid dispite you saying you felt like crap.

Brian C
06-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Good work still bud. Im on a smaller level, but I go between wanting to stay 198, jumping to 220, or dropping to 181s. Its a total mindfuck sometimes.

NickAus
06-05-2011, 02:46 AM
At your height I understand you need to keep your weight up but I still think you would be strong at 220........242 would suit you better though.

Best of luck, I will be interested to see the next 7 weeks!!

-JM-
06-05-2011, 06:39 AM
Sounds like it's time to put the "fatter" back in this log :)

the other option is to go to 220lb......

Absolutely Matt. Time to get fatter :)

Its a rough trade off aint it?

Although you didnt feel 100% still made a good effort. Guess you'll just have to deal with feeling like shit for hte next 7 weeks :clown:

Thats about it John. I am too much of a greenhorn to be messing around with bw. Gonna get swole :clown:

If you feel the strongest at 242 then I think it's time to put some weight on. Just don't do it by eating crap, lol.

I will Hopp. I need to nut up for a start. Eating all the time isnt fun but it will have to be done.

Tell me about it. It is so much easier eating shitty food that is calorie dense. Squats seemed solid dispite you saying you felt like crap.

Thanks Nick. I was really po'd with this session.

Good work still bud. Im on a smaller level, but I go between wanting to stay 198, jumping to 220, or dropping to 181s. Its a total mindfuck sometimes.

I am not too concerned with classes as such BC. For me it is really simple........the less I weigh, the less strength I have. At 6' I should be at least 240lbs anyway...:evillaugh:

At your height I understand you need to keep your weight up but I still think you would be strong at 220........242 would suit you better though.

Best of luck, I will be interested to see the next 7 weeks!!

Cheers Nick. Yeah I am gonna stick with the 242 if I want to hit anything meaningful for myself. Thanks dude. Time to get the head down.

-JM-
06-05-2011, 06:49 AM
After my hissy fit about being weak and feeling light on Friday my wife and I went to grab a burger before going to watch a stand up show. I ordered the 'high rise'' option. It clearly didnt state that the extra height was achieved with the addition of a ridiculous amount of lettuce. Fuck sakes.......tasted good though.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2564/photozwi.jpg

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 06:51 AM
Damn, that's a big burger...but looks good!!!

-JM-
06-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Upper Accessory

Bench
Barxlots
+DMs x10
132+DMs x3
154+DMs x3 (x8)
176+DMs x3
220+DMs x3

Inc DB Press
palms facing
85sx10 (x4)

VBar Lat Pulldowns
5x10

Cable Pullaparts
4x15

BB Curls
4x10

Band Pressdowns
3x15

- - - -

Bench felt good. Really concentrated on form and sqeezing my ass and getting my heels down. IF IT AINT TIGHT, IT AINT RIGHT.

Upper seems to be going fine. Back in the shirt on Wednesday so looking forward to that.

Brian Hopper
06-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Good job on your upper accessory day!!!

Brian C
06-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Big numbers to come in the shirt! Solid accessory day. How did 220 feel to you speed wise?

Coke
06-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Session is solid as can be bro.

-JM-
06-06-2011, 07:50 AM
Good job on your upper accessory day!!!

Thanks Hopp!

Big numbers to come in the shirt! Solid accessory day. How did 220 feel to you speed wise?

Hope so BC. The 220 felt like it was too heavy to get any decent speed. :P By no means slow, but no, it was not fast.

Session is solid as can be bro.

Thanks Terry!

-JM-
06-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Deadlift Training

SLDL
(70lbs of chain)
154x10
242x5
242+chain x3
330+chain x3
418+chain x3
484+chain x3
517+chain x1 (vid)

Deadlift Behind Back
231x5 (vid)
231x8 x2

Dimel Deadlift
220x20 (x3)

Leg Press
5x10

Reverse Hyper
4x15

- - - -

Saw the 'deadlift behind back' in Zane Geetings log over at elitefts and he explained that they were a useful tool to work on getting the hips through (which I suck at) so I wanted to try them. They are a bit tricky but I got used to them. They smash your abs also.

Didnt have the three reps on the top set of pulls. My previous best was 506+chain x3 but I just didnt have anything else today.........wait.....I know.....i'll blame it on the weight loss again :) I will upload the videos later.

-JM-
06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
rgcdrgIczmU

Brian C
06-06-2011, 09:16 AM
Awesome pulling Justin. I like those behind the backs. Gotta try those

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Nice pulling, I've done that movement before and I like it. I feel it alot in my quads.

NickAus
06-06-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice bench day back there Justin!!

Your SLDL are actually damn strong, yes I will catch you :)

Yeah 242 is good for you, too tall really for 220 he he.

Speaking of Burgers like Tank did......that one did look good...very good...proper bun!

NZ btw has the best food I have tried........if you are a food lover and love winter vacations go to New Zealand, GREAT food.

NickAus
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Nice pulling, I've done that movement before and I like it. I feel it alot in my quads.

You feel benching in your quads cause they are so massive!

Brian Hopper
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
You feel benching in your quads cause they are so massive!

LOL, no I don't.

HJP
06-07-2011, 04:17 AM
Some good numbers in here Justin!! Going to have a browse through...

Keep up the solid efforts!

Think I may have to try those behind back Deads...

StLRPh
06-07-2011, 05:59 AM
SLDL looked very fast, slowed down a bit at lockout. Have you been doing rack deadlifts or any lockout work?

-JM-
06-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Awesome pulling Justin. I like those behind the backs. Gotta try those

Cheers BC. They definitely force you get your hips forward and out of the way.

Cheers Hopp. Yeah I could see how they would hit the quads. I didnt use any weight so hard to say where was hit the most. Felt them a lot in my abs. Or where my abs would be :P

Nice bench day back there Justin!!

Your SLDL are actually damn strong, yes I will catch you :)

Yeah 242 is good for you, too tall really for 220 he he.

Speaking of Burgers like Tank did......that one did look good...very good...proper bun!

NZ btw has the best food I have tried........if you are a food lover and love winter vacations go to New Zealand, GREAT food.

Thanks Nick. Yes I have no doubt you will catch up in about a week, lol. 242+ or die.

That burger did taste good. Just a bit dubious about the meat to bun to garnish ratios. They were a bit off. I have never thought about NZ. Maybe some day. Thats a hell of a journey.

Some good numbers in here Justin!! Going to have a browse through...

Keep up the solid efforts!

Think I may have to try those behind back Deads...

Thanks for checking in mate. Give them a whirl. Feel strange to begin with but you'll figure them out pretty quick.

SLDL looked very fast, slowed down a bit at lockout. Have you been doing rack deadlifts or any lockout work?

Yeah thats my problem. I havent done any lockout work in the form of block/rack pulls as I never really felt I got much from them. I have been adding resistance at the top end using chains, pullthroughs and Dimel deadlifts. Really need to work that last portion of getting my hips through. Thanks Matt.

-JM-
06-08-2011, 04:49 PM
Bench Training

Bench
Barxlots
154x5
220x3
264x3
308x3
Shirt
352x3 floated
3 board
418x2
440x2
462x2
484x2
506x1 (vid)
528x0
528x1 (vid)

* started rack presses off chest but shut it down as something happened to my left clavicle on the first set of 528 and these made it hurt like hell.

WG lat pulldowns
4x10

Front & Side Laterals
3x15 each

Tri pressdowns
3x15

- - - -

Bench is on the move whilst my squat has shit itself and fallen bacwards in it. Typical :)

XyUofVkR9kM

HJP
06-08-2011, 04:54 PM
That is some impressive board pressing!!!

On a side note... NZ is awesome!! You should come down here mate. The food is damn good!

Brian Hopper
06-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Great job on the board presses, how did your forearms feel afterwards?

Brian C
06-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah buddy! Great pressing! I see you have your wrists wrapped down the forearm a bit. is it helping the pain at all?

Coke
06-09-2011, 12:39 AM
Awesome lifting in your deads and board pressing vids!!

-JM-
06-09-2011, 03:49 AM
That is some impressive board pressing!!!

On a side note... NZ is awesome!! You should come down here mate. The food is damn good!

Thanks mate. You make it sound like NZ is just a jaunt away. Its about 48 hours travelling for me. I will just have to take your guyses word for it at the moment :)

Great job on the board presses, how did your forearms feel afterwards?

Cheers Hopp. Arms and elbows are in good order. The couple of weeks spent raw has served me well. Felt dialled in last night too. The miss of 528 on the first attempt was only at the top when it drifted too far back.

Yeah buddy! Great pressing! I see you have your wrists wrapped down the forearm a bit. is it helping the pain at all?

Cheers BC. Yeah, I wrapped the wrist just 'firmly' and lower. Great support and minimal pain. I mean I barely felt it when I released the bar.

Awesome lifting in your deads and board pressing vids!!

Thanks a lot Terry! :)

-JM-
06-09-2011, 03:59 AM
I am trying a metal ace shirt next week. Guy selling them has a 52 and a 54. He says I can have a rattle in them first to see how they feel. They are not a very popular shirt over here for some reason. People say they have a lot of stop but no pop and when adjusted are either all or nothing.

NickAus
06-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Nice pressing!!

-JM-
06-09-2011, 07:57 AM
Nice pressing!!

Cheers dood!!

-JM-
06-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Squat Training

Squat
132x10
220x5
briefs
308x3
396x3
belt
484x1
506x1
528x1
light wraps
550x1
572x1
600x1

Parallel Box
add 110lbs chain
407+ chain x5 (x3)

- - - -

I decided not to fuck around with rigging up the rack to let me take a wide stance and instead just squatted with my feet inside the rack. It felt strange especially with my toes pointing forward. I could definitely feel my knees travelling but I expected that. Good to change things up. This was a good number to hit in just breifs before I add the suit. I havent weighed myself recently but the briefs felt tighter.

NickAus
06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Great squats!!

-JM-
06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Great squats!!

http://blastr.com/assets_c/2010/02/Back_to_the_future_Christopher%20Lloyd-thumb-400x337-33441.jpg

Brian C
06-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Very good numbers in briefs and a different stance. Did you feel stable on the descent? Interested in what you think of the ace. Always wanted to try one, just dont have access to one.

Brian Hopper
06-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Strong squats for using a different stance then what your use to using.

Coke
06-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Huge session with the squats!!

HJP
06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Big squats!! What is meant by 'light wraps'?

NickAus
06-12-2011, 05:40 AM
http://blastr.com/assets_c/2010/02/Back_to_the_future_Christopher%20Lloyd-thumb-400x337-33441.jpg

EXCELLENT!!

-JM-
06-13-2011, 01:49 AM
Very good numbers in briefs and a different stance. Did you feel stable on the descent? Interested in what you think of the ace. Always wanted to try one, just dont have access to one.

Thanks BC. I didnt feel good on the descent or the ascent but if I gave it a few weeks I am sure I would get more used to it. I wont be doing it that way again very soon though. Looking forward to getting a rattle in the ace.

Strong squats for using a different stance then what your use to using.

Cheers Brian. Way out of my comfort zone.

Huge session with the squats!!

Cheers Terry!

Big squats!! What is meant by 'light wraps'?

Thanks mate. I just wrapped my knees lightly. I didnt fully crank the wraps on each turn.

EXCELLENT!!

Glad you saw that, lol.

-JM-
06-13-2011, 07:44 AM
Deadlift Training

Conv Deadlift
reverse bands
132x10
220x5
308x5
396x3
belt & briefs
440x1
484x1
528x1
572x1 (vid)
484x3

Behind Back Deadlifts
220x8
264x5 (x3)
308x3

Leg Press
12pltsx10 (x4)

Decline Situps
+22lbsx10 (x4)

Dimel Deadlifts
132x30

- - - -

Just used a set of looped minis and choked monster minis which were both deloaded at the top. Planned to go to 600 in bar weight but just wasnt feeling fluent today. On my heaviest sets I aggrevated whatever injury I did to my left shoulder when benching on wednesday night. Diclofenic and ice have been helping a lot. Racking up a list of stupid little injuries lately.

This is my eldest son and I at the Giants Causeway on Saturday. Had a fantastic weekend away with the family. No training so I had time to heal up a little.

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30231&d=1307971883

sxAJCuw9yzw

NickAus
06-13-2011, 08:37 AM
Always wanted to go there and I will, great photo!!

Pulls looked good!!

Hope the injuries heal up mate, I'm kinda on the same boat with my shoulder and hip both badly out of whack.

Brian Hopper
06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Strong pulls buddy!!!

HJP
06-13-2011, 02:47 PM
That pull looked very fluid Justin!! Glad to hear you enjoyed a weekend away! It helps recharge the batteries abit

Coke
06-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Always impressive lifting vids Justin, and the picture with you and your son is awesome to say the least!!

Brian C
06-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Beautiful pic Justin. THAT is what its all about.

Strong pulling as usual. Always love your vids.

nickp8
06-15-2011, 09:01 AM
Nice pulls Justin, looked really easy.

-JM-
06-16-2011, 03:39 AM
Always wanted to go there and I will, great photo!!

Pulls looked good!!

Hope the injuries heal up mate, I'm kinda on the same boat with my shoulder and hip both badly out of whack.

Cheers big Nick. I am just gonna push on. My shoulder is mashed up pretty badly now after last night.

Strong pulls buddy!!!

Thanks Hopp!

That pull looked very fluid Justin!! Glad to hear you enjoyed a weekend away! It helps recharge the batteries abit

Cheers mate. Felt great getting away from everything even though it was just a few days.

Always impressive lifting vids Justin, and the picture with you and your son is awesome to say the least!!

Cheers Terry. Twas a good day out.

Beautiful pic Justin. THAT is what its all about.

Strong pulling as usual. Always love your vids.

I totally agree BC. Those times mean more than anything. Thanks for the words man.

Nice pulls Justin, looked really easy.

Thanks Nick. Didnt feel too good. I should have been going significantly heavier with the reverse bands.

-JM-
06-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Bench Party

Bench

*lashed my shoulder with polar frost and tiger balm
*band dislocates
*rolling

Bench
barxlots
154x5
220x5
264x3
308x1 - all the raw sets felt brutal.
*shirt*
374x3 - air pressed
2 board
418x3
440x2
462x2
484x2
506x1 - touched
528x1 (vid)

Light DB Laterals

Lat Pulldowns
5x10 WG
3x10 Supinated

Tri Pressdowns
3x15

- - - -

Shoulder was in a bad way with the raw pressing but seemed to be protected in the shirt........at the time. It now feels worse than ever. Ice and diclofenic for the rest of the week. I will be hitting triples without boards with around 460 next week to break the shirt in better.

The sets up until the last two were a bit of a grind and I felt under a lot of pressure. The shirt seemed to come alive as the weight got heavier and I smoked the weight off the boards on the last two sets.

New shert.....GANGSTA!!
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30234&stc=1&d=1308220246

f4cWQ8GVtt0

HJP
06-16-2011, 05:18 AM
Solid benching and board pressing!! Hope that shoulder keeps strong!

Brian Hopper
06-16-2011, 05:52 AM
Strong press!!!

Brian C
06-16-2011, 03:04 PM
Very nice pressing! Youve come a long way so fast.

Coke
06-16-2011, 07:11 PM
New shirt is gangsta indeed, lol...amazed with those numbers.

nickp8
06-16-2011, 09:56 PM
Strong board work Justin.

NickAus
06-16-2011, 09:57 PM
Great pressing!!

I have the ace.........good combo of support, pop and forgiveness IMO.

Btw I was the king of "air pressing" actually think it did help my bench in the end lol.

StLRPh
06-17-2011, 08:20 AM
nice work as usual, looks like your new toy is going to be lots of fun

-JM-
06-17-2011, 04:20 PM
Solid benching and board pressing!! Hope that shoulder keeps strong!
Thanks mate. Me too. Its dragging on a bit.

Strong press!!!
Cheers Hopp!

Very nice pressing! Youve come a long way so fast.
Thanks BC. I listen to everything I am told and do my best to do it. Its working out nicely. Thanks for all the advice.

New shirt is gangsta indeed, lol...amazed with those numbers.
Ha ha, cheers Terry!

Strong board work Justin.
Thanks mate!

Great pressing!!

I have the ace.........good combo of support, pop and forgiveness IMO.

Btw I was the king of "air pressing" actually think it did help my bench in the end lol.
Cheers Nick. it was my first rattle in double ply. Different ball game completely. Think im gonna like it :) more triples next week, low lower lowest type deal. I dont want to have to rely on heavy weights to get it down.

nice work as usual, looks like your new toy is going to be lots of fun
Thanks Matt. A metal jack squat suit suit and i will be ready to rock. Lots of new toys, lol.

-JM-
06-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Squat Training 5 Week Out

Squat
132x10
220x5
Briefs
308x3
396x3
Suit on straps down
440x1
484x1
528x1
Straps up
572x1
589x1 misload
600x1

Pin Squats
~parallel
418x5 (x3)

Decline situps
+30lbs x5 (x5)

- - - -

Good fun getting the straps up again. I came up when the suit locked so i was a bit high . Hopefully i can work it down with more weight and more composure. Plan to add 20 lbs a week over next three weeks. Feeling good and shoulder held out.

4PBooGuiz8c

StLRPh
06-17-2011, 05:09 PM
came back up really quick and wasn't that high, just an inch or so

Coke
06-17-2011, 05:28 PM
All is well these days for you bro!!

Brian Hopper
06-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Nice work Justin!!!

NickAus
06-17-2011, 09:01 PM
Great squats :)

The Jack suit looks THE BEST!!

Brian C
06-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Very nice squat bud. A little more weight will get you down there. If you got an extra guy hanging around, try to have someone back spot you. We learned a valuable lesson today squatting. One of our "main" guys dumped forward with only 315 on the bar. It couldve gotten ugly if we didnt catch him. With gear, strange things happen sometimes, even with light weight. Your guys would be in a bad position to catch you if something happens. Just dont want to see you get hurt. Nice and fast though. Whats your projected opener?

HJP
06-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Huge Squat!!

-JM-
06-20-2011, 03:25 AM
came back up really quick and wasn't that high, just an inch or so

Cheers Matt. I will iron out the depth this week.

All is well these days for you bro!!

Thanks Coke. Going pretty well.

Nice work Justin!!!

Cheers Hopp.

Great squats :)

The Jack suit looks THE BEST!!

Thanks Nick. Not sure about the colour. Better be damn sure I know what I am doing because if I am going to look like a clown I sure as hell do not want to squat like one. :)

Very nice squat bud. A little more weight will get you down there. If you got an extra guy hanging around, try to have someone back spot you. We learned a valuable lesson today squatting. One of our "main" guys dumped forward with only 315 on the bar. It couldve gotten ugly if we didnt catch him. With gear, strange things happen sometimes, even with light weight. Your guys would be in a bad position to catch you if something happens. Just dont want to see you get hurt. Nice and fast though. Whats your projected opener?

Thanks a lot BC. The only thing there to catch me is the second set of pins which could end up messy. Ideally I would like someone to back squat. Hopefully I will be squatting with the team from now on every Friday. At this point I will be opening with 640.

Huge Squat!!

Cheers dood!

-JM-
06-20-2011, 03:45 AM
Upper Accessory

Bench
132+DMs x3 (x8)

Seated DB Military
70sx10
80sx10
85sx10
90sx10

Vbar Lat Pulldowns
5x10

Straight Arm Lat Pulldowns
4x10

Lying Rear Delt Raises / Plate Raise
3x10 each

DB Hammers
4x10

Decline Close Grip
132x15 (x3)

- - - -

Nothing to complain about on this one :)

Two of our team mates were competing at GPC Europeans in Hungary over the weekend. Our 82.5kg lifter bombed on the squat unfortunately. He took 748 for his first two attempts and he got called on depth. The video I saw of his 2nd looked in. The judging seemed very harsh. He took 792 on his third but spotters grabbed him on descent after shakey stand out. He has murdered 792 in training but it just wasnt his day. One of the judges was actually removed from duty. Never heard of that before. Sucks for any lifters who received bad calls but what can you do. Other team mate in the junior 100kg class won with 715/462/528. His bench and deadlifts were just his openers. He had a tough time dealing with the heat. His podium shot was hilarious. He is standing aloft between these two ripped bber-esque monsters with his power belly and arms like ham shanks. Proud as hell.

-JM-
06-20-2011, 07:46 AM
Deadlift Training

5 weeks out

Conv Deadlift
132x10
220x10
308x5
396x3
440x1
484x1
506x1
straps up
528x1
545x3 (~90%)

Rack Pulls
kneecap
484x3 (x4)

Pullthroughs
3x10

Pulldown Abs
4x15

- - - -

Not too bad of a session. Feeling good physically. Few twinges in my shoulder during the warm up sets but it faded. My suit is hanging off me as I have been losing weight this past few weeks so it is really time to strap the nose bag on. My wife was away all weekend with her girlfriends and my two sons had me run ragged and I didnt eat properly as I was too frikkin busy trying to maintain peace. Great fun though.

These should help. My ma brought me these yesterday. Hopefully there are some left by the time I get home from work :(
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30235&stc=1&d=1308577409

545x3 poor quality video
GH8mNyWtCrM

Brian Hopper
06-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Deadlifts looked strong bro, and that food looks amazing!!!! lol

Brian C
06-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Pulls look great! Strong 3s. Your definately putting up a very nice total!

nickp8
06-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Strong pulls Justin.

HJP
06-21-2011, 03:19 AM
Nice Pulls! Just as a side comment... You are a beast Justin!! Strong strong work here!!

Coke
06-21-2011, 01:40 PM
No joke, looked "easy" like your partner stated. Mom is a bonefide sweetheart isn't she, lol.

...interesting one of the judges was removed from the comp, that type of shit is indeed out of the ordinary.

-JM-
06-23-2011, 12:58 AM
Deadlifts looked strong bro, and that food looks amazing!!!! lol

Thanks Hopp. Those tasty treats didnt last long, lol.

Pulls look great! Strong 3s. Your definately putting up a very nice total!

Cheers BC. I hope so. I hope I can bring everything together.

Strong pulls Justin.

Cheers Nick.

Nice Pulls! Just as a side comment... You are a beast Justin!! Strong strong work here!!

Thanks Matt. Lol. I dont know about beast. :)

No joke, looked "easy" like your partner stated. Mom is a bonefide sweetheart isn't she, lol.
...interesting one of the judges was removed from the comp, that type of shit is indeed out of the ordinary.

Cheers Coke. Arent most mothers, lol. Yeah as the story goes he was removed due to being so inconsistent. I mean how bad would it have to be to actually be relieved of duty. Cant see how that would sit well in front of all the lifters. Some would feel hard done by who were failed and others may feel discredited on 'good' lifts.

-JM-
06-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Bench Training

*biofreeze on shoulder
*band dislocates
*rolling

Bench
Barxlots
154x10
220x5
264x3
shirt
374x3 -3 boards
440x3 -2 boards
484x1 -2 boards
506x0 - 2" board
506x0 - 2" board
506x1 - 2" board

Tri Pressdowns
4x15

- - - -

Humbled last night and I feel beat to shit today. The first 506 pressed super fast and drifted too far back into the rack. The 2nd attempt dumped forward on the boards as I rushed it. Trying to get a touch on the last attempt took what felt like forever. The press was sloppy but I was fried by then. I should have taken 528 but I dont always want to have to rely on moar weight just to get a touch. In this case though I think it would have helped. The last 2 inches in this shirt are going to be brutal. The good thing was that I kept going back to get it.

Here is the last attempt with 506. I said I would put vids up good or bad so here is some bad. Any pointers guys, I am all ears. I need to get my shit together. Thats for certain.
iC3ouc22WSA

HJP
06-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Nice work. Glad u hit it in the end! Curiously, whats your body weight?

-JM-
06-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Nice work. Glad u hit it in the end! Curiously, whats your body weight?

Thanks mate. I am 108kg give or take a kilo at any time.

NickAus
06-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Both vids were great............that triple was heavy!!

Good luck with the weight gain bro!!

Brian Hopper
06-23-2011, 08:36 AM
Great job!!!

Brian C
06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Way to go bud! I think you made the right decision on staying at that weight. With my new triple ply SDP ( the tightest shirt ive ever had also) Ive only been using no more than 435 to try and touch with it. I got 405 to a 1 brd. Its a real bitch, but you dont need heavy weight to touch. John Rock discussed this with me and said that the lifters from Team Dynamo (Scott Yards team) would touch with 405 and they have some 800 lb benchers. Just a matter of really tucking those elbows in hard and rowing that bar to your belly. One thing I feel is when you load a lot of weight with a new shirt, your form seems to suffer trying to touch. Keeping the weight moderate, you can keep form easier and tweak it as you go if you have to. If you have to really tuck the elbows to get the bar down, you dont feel overburdened by the weight. Just a thought :) Really great work lately. Im looking forward to seeing how you do at the meet.

-JM-
06-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Both vids were great............that triple was heavy!!

Good luck with the weight gain bro!!

Thanks Nick. The DLs were a mile better thant that clusterfuck of a bench I did.

Great job!!!

Cheers Hopp but IMO it was a disaster for me. Broke my stride. I have learned more from it though.

Way to go bud! I think you made the right decision on staying at that weight. With my new triple ply SDP ( the tightest shirt ive ever had also) Ive only been using no more than 435 to try and touch with it. I got 405 to a 1 brd. Its a real bitch, but you dont need heavy weight to touch. John Rock discussed this with me and said that the lifters from Team Dynamo (Scott Yards team) would touch with 405 and they have some 800 lb benchers. Just a matter of really tucking those elbows in hard and rowing that bar to your belly. One thing I feel is when you load a lot of weight with a new shirt, your form seems to suffer trying to touch. Keeping the weight moderate, you can keep form easier and tweak it as you go if you have to. If you have to really tuck the elbows to get the bar down, you dont feel overburdened by the weight. Just a thought :) Really great work lately. Im looking forward to seeing how you do at the meet.

Tuck like fuck!!!!. I think thats the ticket. I will go even lighter next week and just hit triples with no boards. Its been a steep learning curve these past couple of weeks. The annoying thing was I did it on my 3rd attempt so I know I could have done it. One of the guys in our team insists that we should all be able to touch much lighter weights. big confidence booster as well. Thanks for the advice BC. you know I place a lot of value in it. Appreciate the reassurance too. I understand what you are telling me.

-JM-
06-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Squat Training

*dislocates
*biofreeze shoulder
*med ball rolling

Squat
132x10
242x5
briefs
330x3
belt
396x3
440x2
484x2
528x1
suit on straps down
550x1
572x1
straps & wraps
594x1
616x1 (vid)

Accessory
None. Ran out of time so I will do it in the PM.

- - - -

Depth is still tricky and I am getting my fatness back which is making the suit tighter from week to week but more importantly the briefs are getting more snug. There is more to be had out of the metal briefs than the spindly suit IMHO. If I could also get my feet out just another 1.5" I would be much more comfy but this is the widest I can get with this rack. Got to work with what I have. The 616 came up faster than the 600 last week so i'm happy all in all.

x3hBtgtDp5A

Just found these little bad boys today. They are fantastic. I will eat about another 3 before the day is out :)
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30240&stc=1&d=1308924383

NickAus
06-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Nice work!!

You COULD hit depth with that weight........just take some time in the hole......you will shoot back up!

Brian C
06-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Squats are coming along bud. LOL im in the same boat with fatness. I got my briefs taken in, and now I gained a little and its like filling sausage tubes getting them on. I think my suit is a little too tight. I like suits a little looser with tight briefs. I agree too that theres more to be had with just briefs. A suit doesnt add a ton of pounds on my squat. My opener is my best briefs/belt only lift.
You may be better off with the closer stance for hitting depth, but im also the same way. I like a really wide squat( which i have in my vids of briefs only), but te crew had me go about 2 inches narrower on each side in full gear and it helped me out with depth problems. Took a little to get used to though.
And icecream sandwiches FTW!!!

Brian Hopper
06-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Squats looked good, just need to work on the depth which i'm sure you already know. Try pushing out harder on your knees to help open up your hips and that should help some with your depth.