PDA

View Full Version : How to maintain muscle mass while contantly travelling

crazyman17
04-19-2011, 08:26 AM
some of you are probably familiar with my cutting and ice cream questions lol but I have another question for you guys

At the end of my 8th week of cutting, I am going to travel Europe for 4 weeks. Traveling will be frequent and I have planned to visit about 7-8 countries I think. Obviously because I will be out and about frequently, will not be cooking my meals at home so I will need to find the healthiest food options around, which in any case won't be as healthy as I'm eating at home.

Also, I will not be using protein powder. Transferring powder from country to country will be too much of a headache (the potential questioning lol) so I'm going to have to make do without it for 1 month.

Let's just say worst case I can't find a gym often while traveling. What kind of a diet and what kind of exercises (in hotel for example) would be best to do my best to preserve the muscle I have and minimum fat gain (obviously I will gain at least some fat).

FYI, I will want to do a long bulk (min 8 months) before I return home. So the traveling is right after a cutting cycle and after traveling want to bulk. Best advice about the situation in general?

ffkjj
04-19-2011, 09:03 AM
I travel 4-5 days at a time.

I just eat lots of meat. It could be a $1 cheeseburger (throw out the bun) or steak and veggies from a restaurant.

When Im at the hotel I make things to lift. I either do the normal sit ups, push ups ect. or I grab a chair and do curls lol

crazyman17
04-19-2011, 09:14 AM
or I grab a chair and do curls lol

this is CLASSIC!!! funniest thing I have heard all day!!! BUT a GREAT IDEA!!!!

and maybe lift the table on the bed for bench press? LOL

ffkjj
04-19-2011, 10:57 AM
this is CLASSIC!!! funniest thing I have heard all day!!! BUT a GREAT IDEA!!!!

and maybe lift the table on the bed for bench press? LOL

When your on the road for a week you kind of go insane...lol

Some things I have really done

Swim (if they have a pool)
Ran up and down the stairs
Use the bed as a jump box
Piled many things in a sheet and rolled it into a ball for weight sit ups
Did pull ups on a water pipe once (really big around and hard to hold onto)

K-R-M
04-19-2011, 11:31 AM
You'll be on vacation, why would you want to eat healthy foods or train? Just curious, I was in the same situation as you, but over 6 months. Enjoy yourself man, you won't lose much (maybe 1 lbs?) if any gains in those 4 weeks.

RichMcGuire
04-19-2011, 01:17 PM
I would do pullups, handstand pushups, pylometric pushups, volume pushups, one-legged squats onto a chair holding something heavy, rows by putting two chairs apart, backs facing away from eachother, and then throw a broom stick on top and pull yourself up.

I actually had to do something similar a little bit back and saw pretty good gains.

Patz
04-19-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree with Rich. Bodyweight stuff in high reps should keep you stable.

Patz
04-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Really, though, you can't lose much in a month's time. Enjoy yourself.

GazzyG
04-22-2011, 01:12 AM
Pfft, sod the training for a month, just enjoy yourself.

And if you're really wanting to train, I wouldn't worry about your Protein Powder. Europe isn't like America, you won't get grilled travelling from country to country.

nejar462
04-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Europe, depending on where you are going, has amazing food and alcohol. Don't worry about your diet when you are there. Enjoy yourself. Unless you happen to go a lot, you will regret it.

One thing I do on travel is I go on light jogs in the morning wherever I am. It's not very strenuous, burns calories, and is great way to enjoy wherever you are. Also, if you can get some action with some hotties, you will definitely burn some cals that way and enjoy it way more than weighing out broccoli and lean chicken breast while obsessing over some number on a scale.