PDA

View Full Version : Veggie Replacement Drink

Mr Boogeyman
04-19-2011, 10:36 AM
I hate vegetables but want to get their benefits somehow. Is this bottle enough to drink per day or is it overdoing it (they claim to be 2lbs of veggies per bottle)

SDS
04-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Probably fine, but I guess it's like $3-4 a bottle?

Mercuryblade
04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Okay.
Not to be a total jerk here, but you are an adult. Suck it up and just eat your vegetables.

Jilla82
04-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Do you really think there is a drink that will replace actual vegetables?

In case you were wondering...there is not.

Behemoth
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Do you really think there is a drink that will replace actual vegetables?

In case you were wondering...there is not.

Not even blended veggies...?

nejar462
04-20-2011, 06:55 AM
One of my little diet tricks is I make a bowl of veggie soup every sunday, freeze it up in individual portions, and then eat it with lunch every day after heating in a microwave. The veggie soup is really easy to make, just throw in whatever vegetables you have around, with spices and herbs, and if you have it, whatever stock you have available. I generally buy whatever vegetables are on sale, and throw in veggies I have for dishes I have already made. If you want, I can give you my exact recipe but its really general and I change it up all the time. I get 3 servings of vegetables a day really easily just from this, and I really like it with lunch. Plus, you end up eating like 10 different types of vegetables this way, so you really balance out your nutritional profile and get exposed to a wide variety of micronutrients.

Jayfive
04-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Okay.
Not to be a total jerk here, but you are an adult. Suck it up and just eat your vegetables.

This^

But I agree with nejar's post as well. I'll sometimes throw some spinach, cauliflower, or broccoli into dishes in which they catch the flavor. Sometimes I'll stir fry some veggies for the week and just add them to a lunch as well.

Tom Mutaffis
04-20-2011, 12:58 PM
This sounds like a great idea:

One of my little diet tricks is I make a bowl of veggie soup every sunday, freeze it up in individual portions, and then eat it with lunch every day after heating in a microwave. The veggie soup is really easy to make, just throw in whatever vegetables you have around, with spices and herbs, and if you have it, whatever stock you have available. I generally buy whatever vegetables are on sale, and throw in veggies I have for dishes I have already made. If you want, I can give you my exact recipe but its really general and I change it up all the time. I get 3 servings of vegetables a day really easily just from this, and I really like it with lunch. Plus, you end up eating like 10 different types of vegetables this way, so you really balance out your nutritional profile and get exposed to a wide variety of micronutrients.

ArmyM
05-09-2011, 12:08 AM
You lose some nutrients when it's liquefied.