PDA

View Full Version : BCAA+ for dieting/fasting purposes?

jtteg_x
04-19-2011, 05:39 PM
I remember reading somewhere that BCAA can be essential for weight loss and dieters. If so, how would ALN BCAA+ should be taken when preparing for a cut? How many grams? What time during the day?

Thanks,
Tommy

chris mason
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
I would go with 2 scoops twice per day. On training days 40 minutes prior to training and then just before bed. On off days, once between meals and once right before bed.

Mark!
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I take my BCAAs intraworkout and before bed, feel great during workout, and upon waking.

Behemoth
04-20-2011, 05:36 AM
Very valuable for fasted cardio

ScottYard
04-20-2011, 05:42 AM
Some suggest doing the bcaas during training. Whats your thoughts on that chris?

joey54
04-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Some suggest doing the bcaas during training. Whats your thoughts on that chris?

I'm not Chris, but the research I have seen supports that. Wouldn't hurt to give it a whirl.

Behemoth
04-20-2011, 07:15 PM
DOMS were noticeably decreased for me when I went from sipping 6-7g BCAA during workouts to 20g. Noticeably enough that I am confident it was not placebo.

Mark!
04-20-2011, 09:01 PM

As Behemoth said, I also noticed decreased DOMs while sipping BCAA's throughout my workout, and a feel good attitude as well. Along with half a portion before bed either in water or through protein that has BCAA in it.

baja_stx
04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
What does the ALN BCAA taste like?

I've tried unflavored BCAA from my local The Vitamin Shoppe (their store brand) and it doesn't taste very good.

Also, does the ALN brand use "Aji" whatevers? Not sure exactly what that means, but from some quick reading it sounds like they're reputable source for aminos.

Tom Mutaffis
04-21-2011, 01:18 PM
What does the ALN BCAA taste like?

I've tried unflavored BCAA from my local The Vitamin Shoppe (their store brand) and it doesn't taste very good.

Also, does the ALN brand use "Aji" whatevers? Not sure exactly what that means, but from some quick reading it sounds like they're reputable source for aminos.

Most unflavored BCAA's powders are bitter, the ALN BCAA is grape flavored and do not taste bitter at all. If you like grape then you should like this product, and even if you do not care for grape you could always mix it with some fruit punch gatorade powder or other supplements to alter the flavoring.

They are not Ajipure but are sourced from a reputable supplier which I believe is also a cGMP facility (although Chris can comment more on that).