PDA

View Full Version : A Little Diddy For A Hater

Hobo Beard
04-22-2011, 03:12 AM
While partaking in my normal, late night YouTube surfing, I came to a video of a guy raw squatting 725.

As usual, I thought, "Hmm. I bet this is going to be some sloppy half-rep mistake."

Well--I was wrong.

The enormous lifter dunked the 725--and I then rightfully ate an a slice humble pie.

To assuage my own guilt for hating, I immediately scrolled down to read the comments.

Everybody knows card-holding haters love to comment.

Gold! The first comment I read says the video wasn't "deep" like it claimed or some other bullshit.

So, I decided to click on the link to see if I had come upon another scrawny, "Internet bitch" talking shit about an awesome raw lift he could never do--even with a 10,000 kcal a day diet, drug protocol from Hany Rambod and all the gear a lifter can wear.

I'll end my ramble here and share with you guys the poem viewing the hater's YouTube profile inspired:

LITTLE INTERNET BITCH

Little Internet bitch,
Never going to get it.

Talking shit online,
All you do is whine.

Criticizing depth,
Why don’t you do it?

Posting pussy lifts,
Never any squats.

No credibility left,
You could at least deadlift.

Little Internet bitch,
Never going to get it.

Your video music,
Makes me sick.

My test levels sink,
And my balls shrink.

It all making sense,
Your macho pretense.

I know what’s wrong,
Genesis of this song.

Little Internet bitch,
Never going to get it.

Clearly a keyboard cowboy,
You’re a Brokeback toy.

Dumped by another John,
Free to post all night long.

Here’s what to do,
The remedy for you.

Get in the squat rack,
And also start training back.

Little Internet bitch,
I hope you get it.

Having taken the time,
To craft this rhyme.

Shows I care about you,
Even though you’re a fool.

Please take my advice,
Or pay the price.

Of living a little,
Internet bitch’s life.

I know there are many big dogs on here who post videos and have to read all sorts of bullshit comments about their lifts--so I figured at least a few, fellow members would enjoy my poem.

AdamBAG
04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
I feel you man.

The only thing that makes it worse is when they attack friends of yours. It happened recently to one of my training partners and it really sucks.

Bear Underwood
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
It has gotten so bad online that I never read comments on youtube, powerlifting watch or any other site that posts videos of lifters. Its so ridiculous that it would be nice to limit comments to people who post vids of there own lifts before commenting on others.

jtteg_x
04-22-2011, 04:47 PM
^youtube gives the option of making the video public or private (only viewable to your friends list). along with that, you can disable comments and ratings. that's what i do when i post my lifts for my training log here. i post it strictly for myself and WBB so i can look one year back and say "my god! my form was shitty!" or "damn i was weak" lol

you gotta realize youtube comments are 98% trolling so don't fall into it!

Mark!
04-22-2011, 09:09 PM
^youtube gives the option of making the video public or private (only viewable to your friends list). along with that, you can disable comments and ratings. that's what i do when i post my lifts for my training log here. i post it strictly for myself and WBB so i can look one year back and say "my god! my form was shitty!" or "damn i was weak" lol

Yup, I make mine available to people who I give a link out to, or post here on the forums. I don't make my vids public for this reason alone. It's gonna piss me off and distract me from my lifts and workouts in the future, therefore there's no place for it in my routine or lifestyle, don't even open the door to these little insignificunt (I know I spelled it wrong, see Bondock Saints) fucks. I was at house of pain over the week and picked up POWER magazine with my order, Robert "Big Wilk" Wilkerson has a nice little internet rant at the end. I'll post the last paragraph, since it really suits this thread.

"So, to all the haters, critics and internet judges who think they are saving powerlifting with negative online comments: You are not. You are destroying the sport because of your petty jealousy and egos. Remember, every negative word you type on the internet can be read by non-powerlifters, the very people we want to get interested in powerlifting to support this sport. They see this negativity and they think we are a bunch of childish idiots. Instead of discouraging, get out from behind the keyboard, get under the fucking bar and train. The entire sport of powerlifting needs you to do that."

C...unit
04-23-2011, 06:38 AM
I had agood friend who had an unfortunate accident during a meet and of course several ppl had it out on youtube and whereever else they cld air it and the comments were hurtfull and awefull. Noone was really talking abt form was just making personal attack I felt terrible but she is a stronger person than me and just pulled through it all.

I cannot even read those comments anymore, if there not bitching abt gear, there calling steroids, or squat depth or whatever pittifull excuse so they can feel better for not being able to move the same weight. I saw one where a dude was talking shit abt shawn Frankle deadlifting(cmon now)

44pirate
04-23-2011, 12:00 PM
"So, to all the haters, critics and internet judges who think they are saving powerlifting with negative online comments: You are not. You are destroying the sport because of your petty jealousy and egos. Remember, every negative word you type on the internet can be read by non-powerlifters, the very people we want to get interested in powerlifting to support this sport. They see this negativity and they think we are a bunch of childish idiots. Instead of discouraging, get out from behind the keyboard, get under the fucking bar and train. The entire sport of powerlifting needs you to do that."

Amen Brother.

4g64fiero
04-24-2011, 06:23 PM
For sure hobo!

I'm not gonna watch ballerina videos and tell them they suck when I havent spent 5 minutes thinking about what they do. I am admitably ignorant to the process of ballet. But, for some reason, everyone thinks they're a pro weightlifter. This thought process just gets skipped. The filter, bypassed. Its like the fucking matrix or something where everyone can be an expert with a software flash. Where the fuck is the humility? Thats how people act, regardless. People who think about their actions appear to all the idiots as indecisive and weak.

Hobo Beard
04-25-2011, 01:56 AM
I feel you man.

The only thing that makes it worse is when they attack friends of yours. It happened recently to one of my training partners and it really sucks.

To be honest, I wrote more out of creative inspiration than anger/frustration.

Being the recovering Internet douche bag I am, I have no issue with haters (as they are always less skilled than I), but who I do feel for are the really nice guys like your friend.

Although not a powerlifter, I remember reading an article in which IFBB Pro Bodybuilder Flex Lewis said he would actually get discouraged from training early in his career by haters. It's such a shame a few fools can derail nice, good-hearted people with a keyboard and their own insecurity.

It has gotten so bad online that I never read comments on youtube, powerlifting watch or any other site that posts videos of lifters. Its so ridiculous that it would be nice to limit comments to people who post vids of there own lifts before commenting on others.

I feel you, brother.

I've gotten to the point where I read comments for comic relief and consider them just bored parody.

Very true.

Yup, I make mine available to people who I give a link out to, or post here on the forums. I don't make my vids public for this reason alone. It's gonna piss me off and distract me from my lifts and workouts in the future, therefore there's no place for it in my routine or lifestyle, don't even open the door to these little insignificunt (I know I spelled it wrong, see Bondock Saints) fucks. I was at house of pain over the week and picked up POWER magazine with my order, Robert "Big Wilk" Wilkerson has a nice little internet rant at the end. I'll post the last paragraph, since it really suits this thread.

Great quote!

For sure hobo!

I'm not gonna watch ballerina videos and tell them they suck when I havent spent 5 minutes thinking about what they do. I am admitably ignorant to the process of ballet. But, for some reason, everyone thinks they're a pro weightlifter. This thought process just gets skipped. The filter, bypassed. Its like the fucking matrix or something where everyone can be an expert with a software flash. Where the fuck is the humility? Thats how people act, regardless. People who think about their actions appear to all the idiots as indecisive and weak.

Exactly.

I do have to say football arm-chair quarterbacks are the worse though.

I've noticed--and recently experienced myself--that to work to be really strong (i.e., national level competition/records+) REQUIRES humility.

A perfect example in my mind is our fellow board member, Vincent Dizenzo.

I recently decided to start focusing hard on my bench until I reach certain goals, so I've been researching the routines of bench only guys.

WELL, I come across Mr. Dizenzo's recent 600# bench @308 and a few subsequent articles.

Immediately hit by his pure humility, I have become inspired to reach my goals while striving to maintain the most humble of mindset.

The old me was motivated out of insecurity and wanting to beat others to prop myself up.

I know EVEN more how flawed my thinking was and the greats reached their achievements due to their love for the sport and humble approach.