PDA

View Full Version : Help me break up my breakfast monotony..

BlackLS3
04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
I've been increasingly bored with my breakfast and I'm in need of a change. I am NOT a morning person - I need something that is quick to make so I can choke it down and just get out the door. Here is my typical breakfast:

1 cup Quaker minute oats in water
2 omega 3 eggs, 1/2 cup liquid whites, 1/2 tbsp evoo (scrambled)
2 tbsp natty pb
8 oz oj
8 oz skim milk

I have grown increasingly sick of the eggs. Anybody have any tips for a quick breakfast that is going to give me at least 900 cal?

bobbydeniro
04-24-2011, 02:21 PM
If you want lots of calories, there's nothing that beats a full English breakfast. It's comprised entirely of protein and fat, and in an ideal world I'd eat one every morning. Not exactly 'clean' food, though. :)

GazzyG
04-24-2011, 02:30 PM
I'd echo that - Full English ftw.

2 Sausage.
2 Bacon.
2 Eggs.
2 Hash Browns:
Black Pudding.
Mushrooms.
Tomatoes.
Toast.
Fried Bread.

And a great big mug of tea to wash it down.

Can't beat it.

Mark!
04-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Black pudding? aka blood pudding? Oh man I don't even think I could stomach that. Whew.

BlackLS3
04-24-2011, 04:15 PM
Haha, while the full English breakfast would definitely get me over my calorie goal for the meal, I don't think I'd want to take in that much saturated fat for breakfast more than twice a week. Plus, I can't say I'm a fan of blood pudding.

So yes, I want to eat a bit cleaner. Does anybody have ideas for replacing the eggs/whites? Other than a protein shake of course...

4g64fiero
04-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Cheese grits bro. Nom nom nom.

I eat 2 strips bacon, 1 serving of grits with a 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, and 3 eggs fried in the bacon fat all mixed together some mornings. Oh yeah, eat some toast and jelly.

Easy/cheap/tastes good. ~900 calories. If want less, cut out the toast.

BlackLS3
04-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Cheese grits bro. Nom nom nom.

I eat 2 strips bacon, 1 serving of grits with a 1/2 cup shredded cheddar, and 3 eggs fried in the bacon fat all mixed together some mornings. Oh yeah, eat some toast and jelly.

Easy/cheap/tastes good. ~900 calories. If want less, cut out the toast.

Nice. I will try this.

GazzyG
04-25-2011, 02:28 AM
Don't be raggin' on the Black Pudding. Staple English breakfast item...

http://www.gayandlesbianhumanist.org/archive/November%202008/Images/News%20pics/Full%20English%20breakfast.jpg

Mmmmm........

melvinc
04-25-2011, 02:55 AM
Breakfast is important before starting a day.. start day with an energy drink with 2 spoons of jack 3d and protein shake.

SDS
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
I eat some oats with fruit a lot, then follow that with a gainer (ON Pro Complex) cut with Nitrean. 1 cup of oats, a 1/2 serving of the gainer mixed with 2 scoops Nitrean will get you right at 900 kcal. and 90 g protein. Or throw some cottage cheese in the blender with Nitrean and some Splenda......cut in some ice for a nice smoothie. When I get tired of that I go back to eggs/ham/cheese......maybe some pancakes on the weekend.

ThomasG
04-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Breakfast is important before starting a day.. start day with an energy drink with 2 spoons of jack 3d and protein shake.

lol what?

80G oats
splenda
3 cups skim milk
4g fish oil
two scoops whey
4 strips tukey bacon. Bam 900 cals and protein dominant.

Behemoth
04-26-2011, 09:35 AM
lol what?

Notice the "last edited by off road" part too? OR's trollin' us now :D

razorcut
04-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Or throw some cottage cheese in the blender with Nitrean and some Splenda......cut in some ice for a nice smoothie.
Now this sounds promising. How much cottage cheese & splenda? What flavor Nitrean?

mchicia1
04-26-2011, 03:05 PM
I am not a morning person either, which is why I go with a shake. Pretty damn easy to make a 900 calorie shake with milk and a protein powder. Add oats for extra cals/carbs. Or even peanut butter...whatever you want.

Behemoth
04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Now this sounds promising. How much cottage cheese & splenda? What flavor Nitrean?

I was thinking about doing a how to on protein ice cream. I'll make a point to do so in the next day or two.

Edit - Here ya go! http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?143011-Maple-peanut-butter-low-fat-high-protein-soft-serve-ice-cream

SDS
04-26-2011, 06:38 PM

I forget the Nitrean scoop size, but I do like 5 scoops per 2.5 cups of Cottage Cheese, and maybe 1/2 as much Splenda as Nitrean. I keep some in the fridge.......it's like protein pudding. If I put it in the freezer it gets hard as a rock.

razorcut
04-27-2011, 05:20 AM
I forget the Nitrean scoop size, but I do like 5 scoops per 2.5 cups of Cottage Cheese, and maybe 1/2 as much Splenda as Nitrean. I keep some in the fridge.......it's like protein pudding. If I put it in the freezer it gets hard as a rock.

Thanks. I'm gonna give this a try in the next day or two.

razorcut
04-27-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm sure this has been covered previously, but i missed it..........

Has anyone tried a combo of oats with nitrean? I did this morning with about 1.5 cups of oats and about a half scoop of nitrean. Warmed it up, mixed in a little splenda brown sugar blend.......not bad really.

nejar462
04-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Considering there are about 10 different ways of making eggs it's hard to imagine you'd get sick of it. Consider poached, sunny side, omelets, in a basket, 100 yr old, hard boiled, soft boiled, coddled, and scrambled. You can also taken them with basically every different spice and herb in different combinations as well.

TheGMan
05-03-2011, 11:57 AM
i always stick to 3 egg whites with black and white pepper, chilli's and 1 whole egg, beat it all up and scramble, then if i get board of the taste i stick some brown sauce with it (you may have a veriation called A1 steak sauce) - I know it isnt a staple for breakfast but does the job for me! cant beat it :-)

When i was eating a lot more i used to cut up some sausage and have 3 sausage, 4 whole eggs and a bucket load of cheese to stick it all together, agaiun lashings of brown sauce, now that was tasty!!!

Focused70
05-03-2011, 12:08 PM
you could do what I do which is to split breakfast into first breakfast and second breakfast.

for example, this was this morning's (5/3/2011):

1: Nitrean shake w/ 2% skim, banana, cottage cheese
2: Fried egg sandwich with sausage and cheddar on a buttered kaiser roll, banana, OJ

take it from me, WBB's resident hobbit. :spam:

MNparisect
05-03-2011, 08:10 PM
you could do what I do which is to split breakfast into first breakfast and second breakfast.

for example, this was this morning's (5/3/2011):

1: Nitrean shake w/ 2% skim, banana, cottage cheese
2: Fried egg sandwich with sausage and cheddar on a buttered kaiser roll, banana, OJ

take it from me, WBB's resident hobbit. :spam:

Love the Spam can, I am from Spam capital of the world. Austin, MN. I actually have an internship at hormel this summer. Haha