PDA

View Full Version : Motivational Books - Suggestions?

KoSh
04-27-2011, 07:05 AM
I don't really struggle for motivation. I'm pretty instrinsicly motivated, however, I'm still always extra inspired by a good read on motivation.

Does anyone know of any books that are motivating, that they've used?

I'd prefer the e-book variety, but any kind of motivational book is welcome here.

Tom Mutaffis
04-27-2011, 07:23 AM
I don't really struggle for motivation. I'm pretty instrinsicly motivated, however, I'm still always extra inspired by a good read on motivation.

Does anyone know of any books that are motivating, that they've used?

I'd prefer the e-book variety, but any kind of motivational book is welcome here.

Are you looking for weight training or physique specific books, or just motivational in general?

Mark!
04-27-2011, 07:32 AM
Definitely check out Dave Tates Under the Bar. Seriously an eye opening life changer for me man. It's damn good. It's the only book besides Band of Brothers I've read more than twice.

KoSh
04-27-2011, 08:03 AM
Tom, both work.

Mark! I've read Under the Bar. Awesome read!

Off Road
04-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubik is a fun read and gets you pretty wound up to lift some weights.

gmen5681
04-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Dinosaur Training by Brooks Kubik is a fun read and gets you pretty wound up to lift some weights.

ive read this book. the dude is out of his mind it seems tho. its like a 300 pg book that could be written in about 50 pages. tons of repeated info. but good book nonetheless.

Ryan Hale
04-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Kosh,

Please read "The Warrior Elite" by Dick Couch.

Ryan Hale

Sensei
04-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Of books I've read recently and come to mind quickly, I liked "Mastery" by George Leonard, "Born To Run" by Christopher McDougall, and "Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales - some people might not find them so motivating, but I did.

lenny spero
04-28-2011, 10:35 AM
"mind gym" by gary mack its a book about the mental aspect of lifting

Ben F Burgess
05-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Both Michael Phelps' and Lance Armstrongs books are pretty inspiring IMO. Neither are about iron sports (although Phelps talks about the weight room a bit) but if you're looking for examples of determination, commitment and bloody-mindedness then both are good.

I preferred Phelps' one if i had to pick.

HMB_Blimpie
05-02-2011, 07:47 AM
I agree Dave Tates Under the Bar book was a good read. Kinda funny in some ways too! Also check out Raising the Bar by Dave Tate this book is 100% honset and its a true motivational story not just a pretend feel good fantsay story.

vdizenzo
05-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Not really a motivational book or an e-book for that matter, but I really liked Total Mind Body Training by Jacob Jordan. It's more about the training of your mind. It has an eastern view which I really enjoyed. I am very goal driven so just having a goal is motivational to me. The mind training is what helps me get there.

Brian Hopper
05-12-2011, 10:21 AM
"mind gym" by gary mack its a book about the mental aspect of lifting

How did you like this book? I saw it at the book store the other day and was going to buy it. I started reading "Under the bar" by Dave Tate and so far I like it. I also bought "Raising the bar" which of course i'll read when I'm done.

mike mcgee
05-12-2011, 02:24 PM
I just finished reading Dan John's, Never Let Go. Great book about Life, Lifting and Learning. I highly recommend it.

Sensei
05-12-2011, 09:00 PM
How did you like this book? I saw it at the book store the other day and was going to buy it. I started reading "Under the bar" by Dave Tate and so far I like it. I also bought "Raising the bar" which of course i'll read when I'm done.
I bought "Mind Gym" on the power of the title - I thought it was okay, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Never Let Go by Dan John is a great book. I second that recommendation.

Brian Hopper
05-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I bought "Mind Gym" on the power of the title - I thought it was okay, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Never Let Go by Dan John is a great book. I second that recommendation.

Thanks Sensei!!!!

scooter825
07-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks Sensei!!!!

The bodybuilding motivation book by Andrew Pense is good. I think its available in both formats on Amazon.