PDA

View Full Version : Opticen Vs Other Proteins

yesitsyez
04-27-2011, 10:19 AM
I was reading a Men's Health Mag and it talked about what protein supplement you should get. And it mentioned to get the ones that are low in Carbs and Fat.... eg. Gold Standard Whey

I noticed the Opticen has a good amount of fat and carbs... I dont want to get all big, i want to get lean muscles? should i stop using Opticen? or should I just take less servings after workout which means less protein?

I am looking to do take protein as a meal replacement and post workout. should i stick it out with opticen to see what results i get or jump on something like gold standard

any thoughtS? thanks

Behemoth
04-27-2011, 12:18 PM
It doesn't matter what, it matters how much. Foods and supplements don't inherently make you gain or lose weight.

If opticen is used in a reduced calorie diet it will support fat loss and muscle retention very well.

Off Road
04-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Meal replacement shakes SHOULD have fats and carbs since the meal that they are replacing will have them too. If you just want protein without all the fats and carbs, then check out Nitrean.

yesitsyez
04-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Meal replacement shakes SHOULD have fats and carbs since the meal that they are replacing will have them too. If you just want protein without all the fats and carbs, then check out Nitrean.

Like I said i'm not trying to get bigger. Im about 6'1, 210 pounds... im lean for the most part but lacking cuts. should i use Nitrean for post work out to avoid the fat and carb or just stick with Opticen...

Im pretty new to the supplement world and lifting. thanks

Tom Mutaffis
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Like I said i'm not trying to get bigger. Im about 6'1, 210 pounds... im lean for the most part but lacking cuts. should i use Nitrean for post work out to avoid the fat and carb or just stick with Opticen...

Im pretty new to the supplement world and lifting. thanks

Supplements are meant to supplement your diet, if you are looking to replace a meal with a balanced shake then I would go with Opticen. If you are simply looking to increase your protein intake then I would go with Nitrean.