PDA

View Full Version : monolift

J_Byrd
05-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I am going to soon be in the market for a monolift. Any suggestions as to what type, and where to get them from? Used or new. Thanks

JK1
05-02-2011, 11:55 AM
I am going to soon be in the market for a monolift. Any suggestions as to what type, and where to get them from? Used or new. Thanks

I got mine from Zane and Sandi McCaslin. Its simple, well made, and strong. I dont' have Zanes email handy, but you can email Sandi at: sandi@ironasylumgym.com and she can give you details. We've worked the shit out of mine the last year and a half and its held up well.

Jesse Rodgers is selling some that are relatively well made--the same that were used at the SPF meets, but they are a bit more expensive because they are powder coated. Jesse also always seems to know where there is a used one for sale in reasonably good condition. email him at: rodgersmadmax@bellsouth.net

mastermonster
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Jesse Rodgers (SPF President) usually has one or more to sell. I've competed on several he's had and judged meet where they were used and they seem to be very well made. The price is very low considering the cost of steel now days. Tell him Buddy referred you. Good luck.

Brian Hopper
05-02-2011, 02:28 PM
We have one from EFS and I like it alot.

HMB_Blimpie
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
The best I have ever used is the METAL HEAVY MONOLIFT. It had a huge base at the bottom for wide squating and it was very stable when useing it. You can go here is where I saw it at. http://www.gometal.com/pages.php?gb=5&wsa=shc&wsc=34

muscle_g
05-14-2011, 10:24 AM
If you want to save alot of money try this. This is the exact one we use at our gym, and Troy Nash said he has used over 1000lbs on it(so it is sturdy).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIKgPuAdeOA&feature=channel_video_title

cpa5oh
05-15-2011, 10:22 AM
Anyway to buy that poor mans setup pre-fabricated? (I don't know how to weld)

Rob Luyando
05-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Where are you located? Bill Crawford makes a nice Monolift. Shipping is going to kill you right now with gas prices. There is a guy in Tennessee that makes one for about $2000.00

ScottYard
05-15-2011, 03:32 PM
You can get a bolt on attachment from crepinsek for around 500. Not a monolift but good for the money.

Brian Hopper
05-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Where are you located? Bill Crawford makes a nice Monolift. Shipping is going to kill you right now with gas prices. There is a guy in Tennessee that makes one for about $2000.00

2K isn't a bad price at all, but your right the shipping is going to be a bitch.

Brian Hopper
05-15-2011, 03:44 PM
You can get a bolt on attachment from crepinsek for around 500. Not a monolift but good for the money.

I think this is what Brian Schwab uses at OBB. It's a pretty nice setup and seems to work out ok for them.

JK1
05-15-2011, 11:11 PM

Is that Jesse Rodgers? Jesse's are a little more than 2K, but worth it for the price. And he'll deliver for reasonable prices, especially if there is a meet in the area.

I have a bolt on attachment for a 3x3 rack I've been trying to sell. solid, the only problem with it is adjusting height isn't easy if you have multiple lifters of different heights all lifting at the same time.

J_Byrd
05-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Thanks for the replys. I have a chain set up with hooks right now, but I am going to build a home gym now. I think I am going to go with a full power rack with the monolift attachement instead for space.

Brian Hopper
05-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the replys. I have a chain set up with hooks right now, but I am going to build a home gym now. I think I am going to go with a full power rack with the monolift attachement instead for space.

That's cool, I would look into a crepinsek setup. That would probably be worth the money.