PDA

View Full Version : 615 Incline

kingkong51
05-02-2011, 08:45 PM
VHfLjG99ALg

rinse
05-03-2011, 04:24 AM
You're very very strong but with your ass that far up it's not much of an incline.

Are you going to compete soon?

IronDiggy
05-03-2011, 07:06 AM
Thats pretty intense dude. Whats the sissy-pad for? just you protect your chest?

mchicia1
05-03-2011, 07:48 AM
You're very very strong but with your ass that far up it's not much of an incline.

Are you going to compete soon?

He just lifted 615 pounds like it was nothing. 99% of us on here can't even hold that much weight. Guy always gets ragged on for his form, but no one is moving weight like that on here.

hug dog
05-03-2011, 08:18 AM
holy crap! that was amazing! I have to watch it again!

ScottYard
05-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Strong Lift.

Robs hit multiple 600 legit raw benches in competition. Clearly he knows what works for him.

rinse
05-03-2011, 09:28 AM
He just lifted 615 pounds like it was nothing. 99% of us on here can't even hold that much weight. Guy always gets ragged on for his form, but no one is moving weight like that on here.

Yes he's really really strong. One of the strongest benchers and squatters ever. I just commented about the incline...

I hope the best for Rob and I hope he gets a big PR next time he competes. That's why I asked him about when his next contest is. But I'll just give a thumbs up next time so I don't offend you.

chris mason
05-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Very strong Rob!

mchicia1
05-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Yes he's really really strong. One of the strongest benchers and squatters ever. I just commented about the incline...

I hope the best for Rob and I hope he gets a big PR next time he competes. That's why I asked him about when his next contest is. But I'll just give a thumbs up next time so I don't offend you.

No hard feelings, I wasn't offended at all. Simply trying to defend kong because literally every video he posts, he gets criticized for something with his form. Thats all.

barryisawinnah
05-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Smoked it,I don't know if I would trust only having 1 spotter at that weight though, God forbid something go wrong, it would be tough for that guy to get the weight off of you.

Travis Bell
05-03-2011, 10:12 AM
LOL lots of people giving advice today I see.

Nice press Rob. That's a serious incline

barryisawinnah
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
LOL lots of people giving advice today I see.

Nice press Rob. That's a serious incline

he obviously needs it, I mean he is only incline benching 615, haha

SEOINAGE
05-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I like the pad idea, I always hated the feeling of the bar on my chest on incline.

MikeWilliams
05-03-2011, 03:52 PM

haha..you are right..somebody's always gotta say something

BuckeyeROC
05-03-2011, 04:53 PM
EXTREMELY impressive man, woah! :omg:

joey54
05-03-2011, 05:28 PM
I need to up my deadlift to keep it ahead of Rob's incline.

PaulM
05-03-2011, 05:30 PM
I need to up my deadlift to keep it ahead of Rob's incline.

ahaha I think alot of us are in this boat! Very Impressive strength

vdizenzo
05-03-2011, 05:31 PM
Very strong.

Brian Hopper
05-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Strong press Rob!!!

Tim K
05-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Rob always pops up a video that shows him lifting something insanely heavy with impossible speed. The raw strength is unbelievable - and not raw as in gear vs raw - but raw as in massive, brute, inhuman strength.

1400total
05-08-2011, 09:10 AM
that was an awesome lift

JK1
05-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Crap, I just realized Rob posted a video doing "HOOdle presses". That isn't just a pussy pad. Its something we've been working on the last year here in my gym--HOO's Gym. Its kind of top secret (we are still working on the training guide) but basically its something thats used to work the bench. Since we've started using it, I've pushed my competition bench from 680 to 730 in single ply in 6 months. We've also had several other people put substantial weight on their benches in a relatively short time when it is used correctly. We haven't said much about it because the lifter who came up with it tore his pec right before SPF Nationals last year on his third set benching 445 for a triple raw. His meet best bench at that time was something like 460ish. He's used it the last several months for rehab from that pec tear, and if things go as planned, stands to come back at Nationals with a bench very close to 500, if not more (as a 6'6" tall 308). Rob was more or less prototype testing it with the incline (we are looking at it on the incline, flat, and decline We will be releasing more information on using this thing once we get through SPF Nationals in June and we can discuss real world results with it. There will be more information to follow once we've been through that meet.

mdschultze
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Crap, I just realized Rob posted a video doing "HOOdle presses". That isn't just a pussy pad. Its something we've been working on the last year here in my gym--HOO's Gym. Its kind of top secret (we are still working on the training guide) but basically its something thats used to work the bench. Since we've started using it, I've pushed my competition bench from 680 to 730 in single ply in 6 months. We've also had several other people put substantial weight on their benches in a relatively short time when it is used correctly. We haven't said much about it because the lifter who came up with it tore his pec right before SPF Nationals last year on his third set benching 445 for a triple raw. His meet best bench at that time was something like 460ish. He's used it the last several months for rehab from that pec tear, and if things go as planned, stands to come back at Nationals with a bench very close to 500, if not more (as a 6'6" tall 308). Rob was more or less prototype testing it with the incline (we are looking at it on the incline, flat, and decline We will be releasing more information on using this thing once we get through SPF Nationals in June and we can discuss real world results with it. There will be more information to follow once we've been through that meet.

Ok, hear's the story. I used it to go from 425 bench to 475 in about a year. Like Jack said I'm a tall guy with long arms. Last September I tore my pec doing 475 for a double, this was after 445 3x3. Stupidity got the best of me. I have used this for my rehab and I'm hoping the pec is healed enough and am planning a 500 bench in June. So using it along with my normal training, i went up close to 75 lbs before the injury. Like Jack said he's gone up at least 50 lbs. in the same time frame.

Screwtape!
05-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Thinking of a 700 raw bench, Rob?

SplitQuick
05-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Damn, impressive strength Rob.

You're one of the many people on this site that inspire me to always be stronger. Thanks Rob :D

GazzyG
05-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Was the weight moving upwards, or was the world moving downwards? I've watched it twice and I'm still not sure lol.