PDA

View Full Version : fit day help :-)

TheGMan
05-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi All,

I need to lose the spare tyre that is hanging just below my male breasts!! it is no good :-)

I have been on here for a while, trained for years but for the past 2 years after our baby was born i havent done a thing so i am now 6ft 1, and about 15.5 stone, this may not be a huge amount but for someone who is "skinnyfat" this is no good.

I have gone back to the diet i was using when i was trainging, something like this:-

3 egg whites and 1 whole egg - pint of water
fruit and peanuts
tin of tuna and salad
more fruit
Chicken breast wrapped in bacon and a bit of cheese with carrots

washed down with about 3000 ml's of water and a cup of coffee in the morning.

As for exercise, i am startiong properly tomorrow and will be doing mon, wed and friday on either the WBB routine i did last time, the HTC-12 or the one below:-

http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/elemental-fat-loss-six-weeks-to-grecian-proportions/

I love running and cardio but dont wanted to hinder any muscle growth by doing too much so was planning on doing a cardio session on the weekend.

So my questions about fit day...

I have put in my daily totals and it says:-

30% fat
34% carbs and
36% protein

I havent yet added the protein powder which will add a further 40g of protein but at the minute i wasnt sure what i needed to adjust. Should i puu the fat and protein, or just protein or carsb etc etc.

I can easily ad more foods to my day which will increase any area above.

Thank you for reading and any help you can give me would ber fantastic

I have set myself a target or 4 months to lose a few pounds, the whole weight on started about 2.5 years ago, i was training everyday at the gym, eating well and went on holiday, bust my ankle and the plan was to eat and bulk when i came back from hols but with my ankle i ate amnd didnt train!! in 4 months time we are going back to Spain so i cant let it beat me,
:-0

Thank you

Behemoth
05-25-2011, 12:53 PM
What you're eating looks very meager to me.

Losing the weight is simply about using more calories each day than you consume. It's very beneficial to track your calories if you're unfamiliar with losing weight. This eliminates a lot of errors new dieters tend to make. You may find yourself able to ease out of it as you get a better understanding of the calorie contents per different foods at a given portion.

What are the totals from fitday (protein, fat, carbs, and calories) that you've been consuming so far?

BallsWideDeep
05-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm currently cutting using HCT-12. I use to do 5 set plus the clusters while gaining weight. Now I do three pyramiding sets to my six rep max followed by the clusters. It is less volume, and my lifts are staying the same. I do alternating days of HCT-12 and cardio. I rest one day a week.

You can start with the one day cardio and diet corrections and then add some in as you see fit. Diet is always the key. I too was skinny fat. I go for 1.5g of protein a day, veggie carbs on cardio/off days, and fat according to my caloric needs. I use FitDay.com for tracking. On days I lift I eat some oatmeal before my workout. I always have simple carbs post workout. At 217 lbs. skinny fat (>20%BF?) you probably will have no trouble shaving a kilo a week for a while. Set a realistic immediate and mid-term goal. You will do great.

ZAR-FIT
05-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Cardio is not evil, as long as its fat burning and not true cardio. You can do it most days of the week. You basically have two options, a HIIT routine (If you dont have much time) or MY SUGGESTION is Stair Climber for 30-45 minutes a day. Do it on either upon waking with only BCAA's ingested or immediately after your workout, or 2 hours after you eat something (empty stomach). this is what i do to lean out for my competitions. If you need more info feel free to post or PM.

Behemoth
05-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Any cardio is fine IMO.