PDA

View Full Version : bobbydeniro's journal

bobbydeniro
05-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Well, here I am: 22 year old female, 5'6" tall and 130lbs of pure muscle, gwaaaarrrrghhhh!!! (not.)

I am starting to lift weights for the first time ever (after far too many months of lunatic yo-yo dieting and sporadic, undisciplined working out) - I used to be 'chubby', now I am 'curvy', but I want to get my bodyfat percentage down (from a rather shameful 30%), and hopefully create some firm, defined muscle along the way.

As I am still pretty terrified of going into that dark, humid corner of the gym inhabited by grunting sweaty giants, with only the steady clanking of heavy dumbbells and the sounds of blood audibly rushing into bulging biceps to listen to during my workouts, I will be attending 3 'BodyPump' classes a week for the first 3 months. Yeah, I know, it's probably not real weightlifting, but I prefer to actually learn how to hold a barbell and do a properly formed squat before I venture into the solitary, silent world of real lifting. (Also, I dig the swingin' music they play in those classes.)

I intend, therefore, to use this journal to post progress pictures of my soon-to-be-super-shredded-musculature, and keep track of what I'm eating. (This is as much to make sure I actually eat something every day as anything else!) Obviously, once the 3 months of lame girly BodyPump is over, I would love some advice on building a little lifting routine of my own, to perform in the scary iron dungeon corner of the gym with the sweaty giants, as well as diet help, because as I mentioned before, I pretty much fail at that.

Wish me luck!