PDA

View Full Version : Low Sodium, Low Saturated Fat Bulk

snow
05-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Possible?

Doesn't necessarily have to be low, I guess, just within daily limits.

I have (or did a year or so ago) slightly high blood pressure and cholesterol of 236.

I'm 6 foot, low 190s right now. I'd like to get up to 225 by the end of summer.

Any advice?

:hello:

Behemoth
05-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Though I don't specifically track those nutrients, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible / easily achievable.

Chickens and turkey, fish and lean steak; Some shakes. Some fish oil and nuts and olive oil. Lots of oats or rice or spaghetti etc. Just eat lots of it all and easy on the seasonings.

storm235
05-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Handfuls of dry oats chased by some water. Works great when in a hurry. I also put it in my protein shakes. So good, i can't drink em without it now.

"pain is just weakness leaving the body"

Dan Fanelli
05-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Handfuls of dry oats chased by some water. Works great when in a hurry. I also put it in my protein shakes. So good, i can't drink em without it now.

You just chewing on the raw oats, and then swallowing them?

Invain
05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
Saturated fat intake doesn't have as much to do with cholesterol levels as you'd think. Have you ever tried reducing carbs?

I know it goes against everything you've probably heard in the past, but decreasing carbs and increasing fats can actually lower triclygerides and LDLs.

storm235
05-08-2011, 06:02 AM

Yes...its softens up as soon as water or whatever hits em...quick and filling...a wrestler gave me the tip...i love it

method115
05-09-2011, 08:03 PM

You don't even have to chew them.

snow
05-11-2011, 02:31 PM

I have a Vitamix, so I have at least 2 cups of oats in a shake every day already. They blend up excellent.

Saturated fat intake doesn't have as much to do with cholesterol levels as you'd think. Have you ever tried reducing carbs?

I know it goes against everything you've probably heard in the past, but decreasing carbs and increasing fats can actually lower triclygerides and LDLs.

Interesting... any links for this?

snow
05-15-2011, 10:45 PM