PDA

View Full Version : Eating after certain time?

NormalDude
05-11-2011, 01:52 AM
With my diet I need to get 6 meals in and unfortunately on this diet there are no meal replacement shakes. That would make my life easier. My question is this the last meal of the day is 7oz of eye of round steak would it be too late to eat that if I ate say around midnight? I usually go to sleep around 2 am.

Allen Cress
05-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Don't be concerned with when you eat your last meal. Your total calorie intake for the day is what matters not when you eat. I've eaten right before bed most of my career.

Tom Mutaffis
05-11-2011, 08:03 AM
With my diet I need to get 6 meals in and unfortunately on this diet there are no meal replacement shakes. That would make my life easier. My question is this the last meal of the day is 7oz of eye of round steak would it be too late to eat that if I ate say around midnight? I usually go to sleep around 2 am.

Are you eating anything else along with the steak?

I do not see any issue with having lean red meat two hours before bed.

NormalDude
05-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Are you eating anything else along with the steak?

I do not see any issue with having lean red meat two hours before bed.

No just the steak. So there is no worry about sleeping with food in my stomach and it turning to fat? I know that sounds dumb but I had to ask.

Mercuryblade
05-11-2011, 11:58 AM
No just the steak. So there is no worry about sleeping with food in my stomach and it turning to fat? I know that sounds dumb but I had to ask.

No.
Your body does all kinds of wonderful things while you sleep, and food helps it do them.

bradys
05-12-2011, 04:56 AM
Sometimes I feel like we are animals - can't go to sleep hungry :)

When you eat is not universal - its all about your organism and what you are used to - so eating at midnight, if it feels good - is good.

Shaun Mirjavadi
05-12-2011, 01:04 PM
actually a night time steak is a great idea! a great slow digesting protein to get you through the night. One of my favorite times to eat my steak. You don't want to skip out on your last meal. As long as you get all your macros in by the end of the day, thats what counts.

amonroe
06-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, especially if the meal is based on lean beef.

Behemoth
06-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much, regardless if the meal is based on lean beef.

Falkner
06-20-2011, 04:12 AM
Hey..
Don't worry about taking meal 2 hour ago to sleep it isn't any issue.. just focus on calorie..
I think meal before sleep helps for peaceful sleep.. so it is good