PDA

View Full Version : How much sat. fat is ok ?

EMan
05-21-2002, 10:39 PM
I'm following this really low carb diet (carbs only after workout and only about 50g on workout days) with high protein (300g) and med fat (110g). I'm 210lbs.

Anyway, I was wondering what's a good % of saturated fat to have in your diet ? Right now about 33% of the fats I eat are saturated and getting about 10% of my daily calories from saturated fat.

Can anyone tell me what are the correct levels ?

On this diet I eat red meat steaks daily and lots of eggs and seeds and flax.

jsingh
05-22-2002, 05:07 AM
i would say as little as possible, then ull look real mean and lean. Get those good fats down u, salmon fish is topper

The_Chicken_Daddy
05-22-2002, 09:25 AM
You don't need any sat fat at all, but it's not necessarily bad for you. In fact, saturated fat has been shown to have positive effects on test levels (monos have also.)

Shao-LiN
05-22-2002, 03:55 PM
As long as you get a good amount of unsaturated fats in your diet, should be fine. Just try not to make saturated fat a majority of your fat intake and you'll be ok.

Tiare
05-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Your body will convert mono and poly fats to saturated fats if that's what it needs. Good rule of thumb is 20% of your fat intake or less in saturated fats per http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=75

:offtopic: just found a store that sells blended oils with a 40/40/20 blend olive/safflour/flax seed. Seems like a good combo at sat/mono/poly of 1.5g/6.5g/6g per tablespoon.

EMan
05-23-2002, 04:37 PM
hi hallow,

i'm not on a keto diet. Due to the high protein and no enough fat I'm not on keto. It's this diet I read extensively about on a different forum that worked very well for people. It's basically high protein to maintain muscle (1.5g/lb) and med/high fat for energy and low carbs (only after workout and to convert T3).

I'm only following it for 8 weeks (on week 5 now) then I'm doing a iso caloric diet.

I'm not on gear =)