PDA

View Full Version : Titan vs. Overkill

kingns
05-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Let me start by saying Im not sure if this is even a competition. I am a single ply lifter, I currently have a super centurion and a rage x. I bought the gear used, it was loose then and did 2 meets with them and now want to get tighter fitting/new gear. I am planning on buying a super katana and another super centurion in a relatively tight fitting size. I recently saw Rob Loyundo using a single ply overkill.....then found out Katana's are on backorder pretty much everywhere...and started thinking. I know everyone is raving about overkill for multi ply. But is it that good single ply too? I have never seen anyone with a single ply overkill suit and only 1 with the shirt. If anyone could provide some insight that would be great, or im just gonna go with titan, which is pretty much agreed to be the best single ply gear out there.

mastermonster
05-13-2011, 10:33 AM
I've never tried overkill, but you can't go wrong with Titan. If you do check with Ken Anderson. He usually keeps a lot in stock and is the best at fitting you. Good luck!

Rob Luyando
05-13-2011, 11:44 AM
I have used a single ply F-6, rage X, and Overkill. My strength levels are a lot stronger now then they were back in the day when I played with single ply shirts. I am sold on Overkill's single ply shirts. getting nearly as much out of them as I have with some of the multy ply shirts i have used in the past. The construction of the shirt is crazy strong and its a true single ply.

C...unit
05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Man, IDK I love titan single ply. Only experiance I have had with an overkill is I got one (dbl ply)and it never fit right I cld not use it, its on its third owner now and noone can figure that shirt out and nobody is getting anything out of it either. I know alot of dude's like Overkill but from my experiance I would say Titan all the way if you are going to stay single ply and Inzer for multi ply just my .002

vdizenzo
05-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Overkill cured the black plague.

Travis Bell
05-13-2011, 01:01 PM

hahaha! Well done sir

I've worn a lot of Titan shirts. Biggest problem I had with them was getting the sizing right. One size the arms would be right, and the chest plate too small. If the chest plate fit right, the arms would be too big.

I think the biggest appeal of Rudy's stuff is that it's custom made (Overkill). I haven't worn any of his single ply stuff, but if it's just as sturdy as the double ply that I have it'll last you a very long time. I've had the same shirt for over a year and it's got a LOT of miles left on it.

Rob Luyando
05-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Man, IDK I love titan single ply. Only experiance I have had with an overkill is I got one (dbl ply)and it never fit right I cld not use it, its on its third owner now and noone can figure that shirt out and nobody is getting anything out of it either. I know alot of dude's like Overkill but from my experiance I would say Titan all the way if you are going to stay single ply and Inzer for multi ply just my .002

IF you took the measurements right the shirt should have fit. Probably felt crazy tight if you measured right. i have had a lot of guys that thought there shirt wouldn't work until they came out to train with me. Overkill like any other shirt will work if you know how to use it.

Rob Luyando
05-13-2011, 03:29 PM

Always a smart coment

kingns
05-13-2011, 03:33 PM
So has anyone used a single ply overkill squat suit?

C...unit
05-13-2011, 04:45 PM
IF you took the measurements right the shirt should have fit. Probably felt crazy tight if you measured right. i have had a lot of guys that thought there shirt wouldn't work until they came out to train with me. Overkill like any other shirt will work if you know how to use it.

I still have a freind who is struggling with that shirt. It fits him pretty damn good. Any tips, things that are different to look out for? LOw groove? Hes an experianced guy, came from a denim backround but has used alot of poly shirts as well and hes never had soo much trouble. Im sure there is something we are doing wrong.

Brian Hopper
05-13-2011, 06:29 PM
I've always heard nothing but good things about Titan single ply gear, so if I were to choose it would be Titan.

Rob Luyando
05-13-2011, 08:36 PM
I still have a freind who is struggling with that shirt. It fits him pretty damn good. Any tips, things that are different to look out for? LOw groove? Hes an experianced guy, came from a denim backround but has used alot of poly shirts as well and hes never had soo much trouble. Im sure there is something we are doing wrong.

Have your friend post a video of him benching in the shirt. try to include entire body in the video so entire set up and form can be critiqued.

C...unit
05-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Have your friend post a video of him benching in the shirt. try to include entire body in the video so entire set up and form can be critiqued.

OK, I will tell him.

theBarzeen
05-13-2011, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure that Overkill is IPF approved..... but my wife has been using the same single ply Overkill shirt for over a year now and is still hitting PR's in it.

I tightened it after she lost some weight, but the shirt has held up great..... she's a small 132, benching in the low 200's. The shirt fits tight but she can work the heck out of it to touch with 155......

SELK
05-13-2011, 09:49 PM
The best part about overkill equipment is that it can be sized perfectly. I am not a good bencher so I won't say too much about the performance of the shirt (Its the best shirt ive tried, but its also the one ive spent the most time in and fits me perfect). Rudy answers emails quickly and makes great gear that lasts forever.

Realistically though, titan/metal/inzer all make great shirts. If you fit any of these shirts well and get used to it no doubt you will have success in it. I think the smart thing to do is to find a shirt that works alright for you and spend a good amount of time in it, to many people (and i used to be one of them) start changing their shirts around far to much looking for the holy grail of carryover.

NickAus
05-14-2011, 01:15 AM
Like Brian said you cant go wrong with Titan single ply.........just so many people doing well in them.

I have a 2 ply O/K shirt and its IMO the best shirt out there but Im not sure about the single, like Travis said it would last and last (Rudy makes them really solid, stitching is great) so thats awesome if you want to use it over and over.

Both will be good.....

kingns
05-16-2011, 04:30 PM
So I've decided to get the overkill shirt. Does anyone have experiencew with any single ply overkill poly suits or briefs?

NickAus
05-16-2011, 05:14 PM
All I know is Rudy uses the same poly material for 1, 2 or 3 ply. The material is great but single ply will have no stopping power but plenty of rebound.

Rob Luyando
05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
All I know is Rudy uses the same poly material for 1, 2 or 3 ply. The material is great but single ply will have no stopping power but plenty of rebound.

Not true. The single ply is being made with a more durable material and as far as stopping power my single ply has plenty.

NickAus
05-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Ok good to know, Rudy told me it was the same but that was a while back.

Cary Pond
05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Where are you buying your overkill and titan shirts ?

Cary

Brian Hopper
05-18-2011, 09:18 AM
Where are you buying your overkill and titan shirts ?

Cary

http://www.overkillstrength.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/