PDA

View Full Version : 510 Deadlift

mchicia1
05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Prefacing this with the fact that I felt like garbage today. I had just pulled 505 8 days ago, which was also a PR and squatting 415 4 days ago which was a squat PR.

I was warming up and nearly passed out on 485 but I had my camera handy so I wanted to take a vid anyway.

Sorry about the crap camera angle...should have offsetted it a bit. I promise there are 5 plates on there plus the 5 and 2.5 :). Also, this is belt only...no straps...I am just taking forever to pull it because I was honestly nervous as hell that I was going to pass out and crash into the smith machine in front of me LOL.

Slow pull but I was pretty happy with my form...obviously I have extremely long legs, so my back angle has to be the way it is. People with shorter legs can use a more squat like position to pull, I cannot...but I still try to sink my hips as far as I can before the pull. Looked like I maintained my arch too, so I was happy with that. Basically anything I break off the floor, I can lock out.

Actually one bad thing I noticed is that it appears my left arm is slightly flexing. Not good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3DfA4EL7DQ

*Edit*

Ok after watching the vid again, this is a really crappy vid..LOL sorry guys. My wife was out sick and I should have put the camera on a box or something. Oh well, I will continue setting PRs so Ill have a better one up soon :).

KIBBLES N BITS
05-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice pull for sure, looks like you have at least another 20 pounds in you. Probably even more if you work yourself into a frenzy before the lift and pop some ammonia caps lol.

And you have some LONG ASS LEGS haha

Next time maybe just move those black and purple box/foam/pad thingys in front of you and put the camera on that to give it some elevation. That's what I do for my vids.

Grats on the PR man!

joey54
05-13-2011, 08:42 PM
Getting better, but there is still a lot to work on which could really bring this lift up for you.

mchicia1
05-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Nice pull for sure, looks like you have at least another 20 pounds in you. Probably even more if you work yourself into a frenzy before the lift and pop some ammonia caps lol.

And you have some LONG ASS LEGS haha

Next time maybe just move those black and purple box/foam/pad thingys in front of you and put the camera on that to give it some elevation. That's what I do for my vids.

Grats on the PR man!

Thanks dude...yeah I got the deadlifters torso (short) and the deadlifters arms(long) but I personally feel it is all offset by my long legs. I dont care though, not like I am trying to set records.

Getting better, but there is still a lot to work on which could really bring this lift up for you.

Critique away man...anything you want to give advice on, give it. I will use it and take another (better) vid next time and we can see if I improved. I did take your advice on last vids from the summer and moved my stance in and my grip in, just can't see that in this video.

andhen2003
05-14-2011, 12:18 PM
nice job. yes please watch the arm flexing. that's exactly how i blew my bicep out, and recovering from the surgery to reattach it is NOT fun. and i blew it out deadlifting only about 435.

joey54
05-14-2011, 12:31 PM
nice job. yes please watch the arm flexing. that's exactly how i blew my bicep out, and recovering from the surgery to reattach it is NOT fun. and i blew it out deadlifting only about 435.

I agree with you on that one. Took me six months to get back to some good strength on most lifts, and I am still having a hell of a time doing things like chins and curls with moderate weights.

Mike, sit back more, down less. Try to get your shins starting perpindicular(sp?) to the floor, rather than the angle you are at now. If you can start out like that, you are going to thank me.

Don't flex your arms. Focus on keeping them straight and grip the bar as hard as you can. Try to consciously eliminate your arms from the entire lift.

mchicia1
05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
I agree with you on that one. Took me six months to get back to some good strength on most lifts, and I am still having a hell of a time doing things like chins and curls with moderate weights.

Mike, sit back more, down less. Try to get your shins starting perpindicular(sp?) to the floor, rather than the angle you are at now. If you can start out like that, you are going to thank me.

Don't flex your arms. Focus on keeping them straight and grip the bar as hard as you can. Try to consciously eliminate your arms from the entire lift.

Ok ill try that...Agree, I don't want to bend my arm like that again. I wont pull heavy again until that is corrected or maybe ill just switch to straps and double overhand while I work on correcting it.

NickAus
05-23-2011, 05:38 AM
Congrats on 510!!

mchicia1
05-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Congrats on 510!!

TY sir...better videos to come...just sketchy in that place because they don't allow video. So I gotta figure out ways to do a covert op.

KIBBLES N BITS
05-23-2011, 06:45 PM
TY sir...better videos to come...just sketchy in that place because they don't allow video. So I gotta figure out ways to do a covert op.

Wtf is this normal in most gyms??? I've never been to a gym that didn't allow filming, must've been some major creeps at your last gym (CHEVELLE WERE YOU THERE????) recording the cardio girls haha

4g64fiero
05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Starting angles looked pretty typical. Couldnt see anything after that but congrats man. 500 is a milestone most never get.

NickAus
05-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Yeah my gym gets funny about filming so I usually film on Friday night or Sunday when there is almost no one around.