PDA

View Full Version : My diet plan + Supplements .. is it too much ? and some questions on SS ?

Al3aZeF
05-14-2011, 03:07 PM
Hey, I'm a skinny who is 6'1 170lb and 18 y/o, I'll start Starting Strength this monday, and i'v all ready bought ( Serious Mass + Whey Protien + Creatine + BCAA ) I wanna start strong you know, so my diet plan like this :

Meal 1 : when I wake UP
1.5 scoop of whey protien
Banana

Meal 2 : after 1 hour
4 eggs ( 2 whole and 2 only the whites )
corn flex
500ml of milk

Meal 3 :
500ml of milk
butter

Meal 4 : Lunch
chicken breast or fish or meat
rice

Meal 5 : 2 hours Before workout
1 scoop of serious mass with 500 ml milk

Meal 6 & 7 : right before, and right after my workout immedietly
Whey Protine
BCAA
Creatine

Meal 8 :
Can of Tona or Chicken Breast or Meat
some bread or macaroni or pasta

Meal 9 : right before bed
1 scoop of serious mass with 500 ml milk

my pic :

http://www.gmrup.com/d1/up13054069931.jpg

should i use a low fat milk or full fat milk ?
thats it, is it too much? is it more than 4k calories ? I know I'm gonna gain some fat but i don't want to be very very fat at the end of my 2 month Starting Strength.

and i was wondering which the best if i'm looking for size in the first place Barbell Row or Power Clean ?
and i can't do 1 pull up, i can only do 3 chine up with good form and 2 dip with good form. how should be my accessories exercises ?
my squat is 200lb i think and deadlift 220lb, bench only 70lb all for one rep.
I think i'm gonna open a journal and write my progress . btw sorry for my english, I'm Saudi.

NITF
05-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Your English is pretty good, no need to apologize.

Its hard to tell without the quantities (oz) of everything (chicken, rice etc), but I think your diet may be a little too much to start with; you should try adding calories over time. If you don't do that, then you'll add more fat than you want. Use fitday.com or dailyburn.com to track and better calculate your calories.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to any journal you may post.

Behemoth
05-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Like NITF said -- we can't ascertain the total calories without knowing porrtions. I would suggest getting a food scale and/or measuring cups and plugging in the weights/volumes into a calorie tracker like fitday.com.

Or, if that's not practical you can simply eat the portions that you currently are consistently. If you're gaining too fast and getting too fat then shave off a little from some of the portions. And vice versa, if you're not gaining weight/strength at a rate ypure happy with add a little to your portions.

jaypiecruz
06-06-2011, 08:51 AM
With concern about you don't want to be fat after 2 months of your Starting Strength. I think incorporate with your planning meal you should also take a supplement particularly a multivitamin supplement. Like what i'm taking right now, MX Multivitamins. You look very active and sporty person. So i think this supplement will fitted from you as its boost your overall wellbeing, additional energy to get through your day and support for the immune system. That's my ideas and views. Hope i can help you through this way.

Alex.V
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
With concern about you don't want to be fat after 2 months of your Starting Strength. I think incorporate with your planning meal you should also take a supplement particularly a multivitamin supplement. Like what i'm taking right now, MX Multivitamins. You look very active and sporty person. So i think this supplement will fitted from you as its boost your overall wellbeing, additional energy to get through your day and support for the immune system. That's my ideas and views. Hope i can help you through this way.

What in the crap will a multivitamin do for him?

razorcut
06-06-2011, 11:23 AM
What in the crap will a multivitamin do for him?

Very clearly it will do the following:

.....boost your overall wellbeing, additional energy to get through your day and support for the immune system.
And per his own personal investigation MX Multivitamin is the answer. No further calorie-counting or food tracking warranted. Problem solved.

Alex.V
06-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Oh, my bad. I must have missed that part.

I stand corrected, good sir!

And not to derail, sorry OP.

jaypiecruz
06-17-2011, 06:38 AM
It's okay belial. : ) Hopefully my advice will be helpful to Mr. Sporty man as it's done well on me. Sometimes those simplest ways are those effective.

JT111
06-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Providing there is a decent surplus I personally dont think you need to be too strict. I'd recommend using semi skimmed milk, i used to drink 4pts per day and i really started to notice good gains. 1,200 cheap cals! I think with full fat wont provide any extra benefit. Its all about hitting above your maintenance level!

Make sure you have a decent workout plan too! I would STRONGLY suggest Strong lifts 5x5 or anything based around these movements; Squat, Deadlift, Rows, Bench, OH Press, Chins, Dips, Pull-ups. Also stay away from spilts, they're shit.

Good luck!

JT111
06-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Also stay away from spilts, they're shit.

*For beginners, spilts have their place later on :)