PDA

View Full Version : Hi All just starting out need some good diet advise please

Dontdrinkurmilk
05-19-2011, 02:55 AM
Hi all,

I am just starting out on weight training, I am starting simple, my routine is as follows:

tuesday and thursday Shoulders,

sunday Upper back

these will be intense sessions, i just want to know what kind of foods to eat after the work out and whether doing plenty of walking on the same day as these weight sessions would hinder muscle growth>?

Thanks all

Off Road
05-19-2011, 06:41 AM
Seems like a pretty limited routine...unless your 'upper back' training is CLEANS and your 'shoulder' training is PRESSES.

Walking after your workouts will be great. I think it's the perfect time to do conditioning. half hour to an hour should be good.

Probably the best thing to take after an intense workout is a protein drink with a carb source. That'll make it easy to prepare and consume before your walks.

Opticen from AtLarge Nutrition would be perfect for that situation :)

Dontdrinkurmilk
05-19-2011, 02:25 PM
Cheers for thee info, I actually have to walk to and from work which is 45 mins each way......So my workout is normally after all the walking or a day off when i dont walk much.....sorry the workout was very limited,

For shoulders im doing,

Upward barbell row 3 x 8-12
Military Press 3 x 8-12
Shrugs 3 x 8-12

Back

Deadlift
Bent over barbell row its not the biggest workout but a start whilest i look for more ideas? I currently have baked beans, whole wheat toast, scrambled eggs 1 white 1 whole straight after which helps.

Seems like a pretty limited routine...unless your 'upper back' training is CLEANS and your 'shoulder' training is PRESSES.

Walking after your workouts will be great. I think it's the perfect time to do conditioning. half hour to an hour should be good.

Probably the best thing to take after an intense workout is a protein drink with a carb source. That'll make it easy to prepare and consume before your walks.

Opticen from AtLarge Nutrition would be perfect for that situation :)

NinjaTuna
05-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Hello Dontdrinkyourmilk :)

As for the Diet I would recommend you follow this (as did I) and I was able to make a great diet!
http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/to-bulk-or-to-cut-that-is-the-question-or-is-it/

And for the spesific food:
http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46565

Enjoy m8.