PDA

View Full Version : strongman comps in new york/ohio/pennsylvania

gmen5681
05-27-2011, 07:04 AM
anyone know if there are any strongman comps coming up in the new york ohio or pennsylvania area in the june-august time frame? looking for a begginner comp, or something i can just have fun with.
thanks

Tom Mutaffis
05-27-2011, 08:14 AM
anyone know if there are any strongman comps coming up in the new york ohio or pennsylvania area in the june-august time frame? looking for a begginner comp, or something i can just have fun with.
thanks

There are quite a few out there - have you checked the NAS site?

If you are interested in doing a mix of strongman and highland games you can also look at NAHA, I know that they have an event scheduled in July outside of Buffalo, NY.

gmen5681
05-27-2011, 10:32 AM
awesome. thanks Tom.

Tom Mutaffis
05-27-2011, 11:24 AM
awesome. thanks Tom.

No problem. Let me know if you are curious about a specific event, I have done quite a few in NY/NJ//PA and know some of the guys in Ohio.

ScottYard
05-27-2011, 01:56 PM
Ipa worlds in york pa always has a strong man comp. Usually late june july time. Check ipapower.com

Tom Mutaffis
05-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Ipa worlds in york pa always has a strong man comp. Usually late june july time. Check ipapower.com

They had one the past two years but I am not sure if the Linden Yard Crew is going to be putting it on again this year. If they are I would definitely check out that event since they run top-notch contests.

Al Thompson usually puts on non-NAS sanctioned events in the Philadelphia area as well, he is having one on July 4th that I believe has an Amateur division as well as a Pro division. You can find information about his contests on Marunde Muscle or just shoot me a PM and I can email you the info or get you in touch with him.