PDA

View Full Version : USAPL Meet Results

ScottYard
06-01-2011, 04:19 PM
Meet Results

I had my meet this Saturday

I weighed in Meet morning at 260 after having breakfast, slamming a RESULTS Shake with 2 coops of Opticen a good bit of water. My scale at home first thing in the morning had me at 255.

I went into this meet with some lofty goals. To be honest I didnít get any of them but I did walk a way with more USAPL experience that will give me an edge come August for USAPL Nationals.

Squat

. I opened at 575. This popped up. I then went to 640. After watching the video I was very pleased with the quality of the lift. I was hoping to go 660 on a third but I opted to wave my third attempt since this meet was purely for experience. Plus a fly shit on the bar I may have died LOL

Video of 640
f_gPKw0Hb-8

Bench

I went into the meet feeling great about my bench. I hit PRs each week and on my last heavy day I hit 430 for 6. I opened with 440 and felt great. I went for 496 twice and flat out missed. No clue why? Felt strong just wasnít my day

Video of 440
In7SZht-344&NR=1

Deadlift

I opened at 625 then hit a safe 700. I was hoping to get that 496 bench then take like 725 for a third for new American record. After doing the math I would have needed 775 to get that. With those stiff USAPL bars that is a number on a different planet for me right now.

Video of 700
2l_XUS7mGNI

So my second USAPL meet is down and its time for Nationals in August. Big Thanks to Chris and Daniel form Atlarge. I have lived off of Nitrean, Results, Opticen, BCAA plus and ETS. While training for my 3 mile mud race warrior dash that I did last weekend my legs were beat to hell and keeping my body fueled was more important then ever.

kingns
06-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Those are great lifts and really cool to see someone go from multi ply lifting to the strictest possible lifting raw. Must have been a real shot to the ego but I think thats really admirable.

barryisawinnah
06-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I can't see your deadlift vid, but anyways, great work. Very strong.

burt128
06-01-2011, 09:30 PM
Nice lifting, I think it is really cool that you've decided to do the USAPL meets.

Incidentally, my squat sticking point is the same as yours (albeit with a lot less weight). That high of a sticking point has always seemed strange to me for a raw lifter. Have you used any particular exercises to address it?

king cobra
06-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Great lifts! On the squat it looks like you were off center and made the lift a lot more difficult for you.

joey54
06-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Getting down there on the squat! Great adjustments.

ScottYard
06-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Those are great lifts and really cool to see someone go from multi ply lifting to the strictest possible lifting raw. Must have been a real shot to the ego but I think thats really admirable.

Its all relative so i my ego is stilll in tact lol. I miss knee wraps though. It isnt too fun going from 2605 to 2000 with wraps to 1780 with just a belt but i think im far from my best in usapl fashion. Hopefully at nats it will come together

Brian Hopper
06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Great job Scott!!!

BloodandThunder
06-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Good job and good luck in August. Very easy 440 there. You usually take such huge jumps in between benches?

I also see Niko looking quite small as usual in the head judges chair haha.

UncleAl
06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Well done, Scott. Congraulations and best of luck in the Nationals.

kingns
06-02-2011, 04:36 PM
Scott- I was training with my suit/groove briefs/ belt every week leading up to my meet and it went well, now Im training with nothing, not even a belt for 8-10 weeks post meet, do you think this is beneficial for the long run or should I just keep taining with gear year round since Ill compete w it?

I plan to start addin stuff back in, but since you have trained both ways thuroughly what is your opinion?

PS. Not trying to derail the thread

Tom Mutaffis
06-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Nice work at the meet, you posted some solid numbers despite things not going exactly as you had planned.

jtteg_x
06-02-2011, 07:21 PM
every time the name "Scott Yard" comes up to mind, I always think of you wearing an open back multiply Metal shirt. I never expected you to be lifting raw, yet compete Raw at the USAPL. I'm impressed

Jason198
06-04-2011, 04:38 PM
You have inspired me to lift at a few raw usapl meets