PDA

View Full Version : question about abs

workoutchick
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
There is this famous body builder in europe named Ravee Patel that says to eat cottage cheese instead of protein shakes before you go to sleep, something about it being slow released protein. Would this help if i was trying to get a six pack?

Off Road
06-07-2011, 06:25 AM
There are protein powders that have the same time released effect. You'd want a blend of whey, casein, and egg proteins. Nitrean from AtLarge Nutrition has this mixture and the time-released effect you are looking for.

However, Nitrean (or cottage cheese) isn't going to give you ripped abs, that is accomplished by what you do in the gym and an over-all good diet that is calorie restrictive.

Behemoth
06-07-2011, 08:55 AM
There is this famous body builder in europe named Ravee Patel that says to eat cottage cheese instead of protein shakes before you go to sleep, something about it being slow released protein. Would this help if i was trying to get a six pack?

Not unless the reason you don't have a six pack is because you find yourself hungry shortly after you bedtime meal and you regularly wake up to eat another meal.

colinS3
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Getting a six pack is all about building the ab muscles (the easy part), and then having a low enough body fat % that will allow people to actually see that muscle (that's the hard part). Any protein that helps your other muscles is helping out your abs as well, you just might not notice it if you don't have a low enough body fat %. Cut your calories and start shedding off 1-3 pounds a week until they pop out. It might take a while depending on how much you have to cut off, but it'll be worth it.

Behemoth
06-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Getting a six pack is all about building the ab muscles (the easy part), and then having a low enough body fat % that will allow people to actually see that muscle (that's the hard part). Any protein that helps your other muscles is helping out your abs as well, you just might not notice it if you don't have a low enough body fat %. Cut your calories and start shedding off 1-3 pounds a week until they pop out. It might take a while depending on how much you have to cut off, but it'll be worth it.

Really, building the abs whatsoever is not necessary for a six pack. And any attempt of manipulating ones diet to attain a six pack by way of building more muscle is silly and would be pointless until the bodyfat was reduced.

Rugby Dad
06-07-2011, 04:24 PM
listen to Behemoth
look at his back... anymore question?

wolf2009
06-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Hmm.... i would say reduce the carbs and increase the protein intake...that is the best way to help abs :)

Mercuryblade
06-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Hmm.... i would say reduce the carbs and increase the protein intake...that is the best way to help abs :)

No, the best way to "help abs" is to eat a caloric deficit and train them.

Behemoth
06-08-2011, 12:27 PM
No, the best way to "help abs" is to eat a caloric deficit and train them.

blasphemy. abs require raising your protein intake and lowering your carb intake regardless of what these intakes are at.

amonroe
06-11-2011, 08:41 AM
You need to build muscle but more importantly is your level of bodyfat. I've got some mates who don't work out, theyre dead skinny and have a 6 pack...work on getting to 12% bodyfat or below and you'll start seeing results.