PDA

View Full Version : DL and Bench June

Catch
06-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Figured I'd post this up here too, since not everybody checks my journal.

Not as strong as a lot of guys on here, but its a start...

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLF7tIBnV7c

JohnnyRingo
06-07-2011, 08:02 PM
yeah man there are some hoss's on here for sure but everyone has to start somewhere. Be sure not to hurt yourself on those deads

Catch
06-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I'm already moving my stance in a lot closer. Thanks man!

Mark!
06-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Solid work buddy, it takes time and dedication, keep at it. I few things you might want to consider, just to see how they work for you, helped me.

Bench Press
Try moving up further on the bench. Before you lift off, squeeze the shoulder blades together, squeeze the bar and act as if you're trying to bend the bar with your hands, I use mostly my ring and pinker finger as an attempt to get the feeling of bending the bar. The implementation of moving up on the bench more is so on liftoff you're not rotating the shoulders as much, it helps keeping everything tight, plus takes away unnecessary strain on the shoulders. It looks like you've got about 6-8 inches from the rack, and your bar path looks pretty straight up and down, shouldn't have any problems there.

Deadlifts
Like you said, moving the feet in a bit may help you, along with the grip. My hands basically hang down straight to the bar before a pull, just remember to keep the abs tight, and ass down before the lift. Solid work and looking good man, stay dedicated to the lifts and they'll take care of you.

Catch
06-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks mark! appreciate it man.

Bench is one of the toughest lifts for me, and I'll for sure try out your suggestions next time I have to bench. One of the reasons I am so far out is because I always seem to hit the hooks when I go up (Well, I did twice...), so I'll have to work on getting closer.

But thanks again, I'll keep it in mind.

Mark!
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks mark! appreciate it man.

Bench is one of the toughest lifts for me, and I'll for sure try out your suggestions next time I have to bench. One of the reasons I am so far out is because I always seem to hit the hooks when I go up (Well, I did twice...), so I'll have to work on getting closer.

But thanks again, I'll keep it in mind.

That's something I struggled with too, it seems to just be a feel issue, it's easier if you bench in one rack or on one bench all the time, but I have 3 that I go back and forth on, my rack and home, and 2 benches at the gym, so it's tough to get a good groove and feel sometimes. Bench has been my worst and toughest lift too, and it's just because of form issues and always learning/trying new things, but I think once we get our form nailed down, we'll be a lot better off. There are just so many large variables that you have to just plug in and see how they work.

Ruff Riff
06-29-2011, 01:39 PM
Awesome! Great to see young lifters getting advice from a great site like this one!

Take your time, the race to big weight is not a sprint but an endurance race!