PDA

View Full Version : Diet Help

Maki Riddington
05-22-2002, 07:03 PM
I'm calling on anyone who feels they can contribute to helping me tweak my diet.

Now, one thing I'm going to do is keep my post workout shake which will include my only source of carbs. It will consist of 50 grams of simple and complex sugars.

Other than that I was thinking of taking a high fat approach and a moderate protein intake. The percentages would be fat: 75%
protein: 25% for 4 days. Then the next two days would be a fat fast where my cals would drop from 2600 to 1000 cals. Half coming from protein and half coming from fat. Day 7 would be my carb up with my morning consisting of oats and whey and my evening consisting of malto and whey.
Low intensity cardio (walking for 30 mins) would be done on my fat fast days and my workouts would be done on the days I have 50 grams carbs.

My goal is to keep my strength levels at bay and my muscle loss to a minimum. Isn't that what we all want eh?

Thanks in advance.

raniali
05-23-2002, 09:19 AM
Why not follow a CKD instead of going into a fat fast? You are essentially doing the same thing - but I think (IMHO) that CKD would probably be 1)easier to stick to and 2) better overall.

Maki Riddington
05-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by raniali
Why not follow a CKD instead of going into a fat fast? You are essentially doing the same thing - but I think (IMHO) that CKD would probably be 1)easier to stick to and 2) better overall.

*** Because of the loss of strength and the terrible recovery time from my work outs.
Thank you though for your input.:)