PDA

View Full Version : One week to lose lower belly fat ASAP!

dom7226
06-18-2011, 02:06 AM
I have upped my cardio to 5 miles on the elliptical 5-6 days a week (it takes about 30-35 minutes) with my workload on 20 and it has helped me to lose a bit more of my body fat. I have still been lifting high weight low reps though cause I still want to try to get my arms a little bit bigger. My workout has been as follows with cardio after my lifts are done.

Mon. Wed. & Fri.
Dumbell Benchpress - 50lb. dumbells 5 sets of 5
Bent over rows - 50lb dumbells 5 sets of 5
Pull ups - 3 sets of 6 - 10 (or as many as I can)
Dips - 3 sets of 10 (or as many as I can)
2 or 3 ab exercises

Tues. & Thurs.
Split squats - 15lbs 4 sets of 10 (each leg)
Dumbell Deadlift - 45lb. 5 sets of 6
2 or 3 ab exercises

I have exactly 1 week now to lose this last bit of pudge on my belly before I go on vacation. I'm 22 at 155-160 (i dont have a scale so I'm kinda guessing) and I am 5'9''. Any recommendations on super quick fat loss would help alot. I have heard cutting carbs out for a week helps get rid of water retention. Also my diet is pretty clean now, breakfast is usually a bowl of oatmeal with an egg or banana, lunch is usually salad with a little oil and balsamic vinegar and grilled chicken or tuna and a protein shake with water (after working out) then dinner is kinda bad. I work next door to Subway and work 4-5 nights a week but I try to keep it as healthy as possible. A 6'' turkey and ham with pepperjack spinach tomato cucumber jalapeņos spicy mustard on wheat. Any snacks I may have are carrots celery or apples. Like I said any advice will help alot! Thanks for reading and please ask questions if you have them.

IronRanger
06-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Super quick fat loss? http://forums.lylemcdonald.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

cphafner
06-18-2011, 11:19 AM
sorry, but that isn't a realistic time frame. You might lose a couple lbs, but not going to have a huge fat drop in 1 week.

Mark!
06-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, that time frame is far too short to do any real sort of recomp. You may lose a few lbs so so, but the chances of that targeting that specific area, slim to none.

JT111
06-19-2011, 02:31 AM
I agree with the above ^ although cutting carbs would be the quickest way to loose it. Be careful because it seriously cuts your energy levels in the gym! Also dont limit the amount of water you drink to get rid of water retention, in fact drinking more helps shed some apparently! Good luck.

Behemoth
06-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Like that others said you can't change much physically. If you work hard and do your best over the course of the week you'll likely feel better and more confident which is going to more important than any physical change you're capable of in the time frame.

storm235
06-19-2011, 10:06 AM
I agree w others. You didn't gain it a week so you won't lose it in a week. Keep up workout though. It will come off.