PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Best IPF Squat Suits an Bench Shirts

HJP
06-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Hey All,

I am about 5"8 and weight about 83kg (~183lbs).

Have always been a tad anti suits etc but am beginning to change this opinion as sure it assists but so do many things in other sports I.e wicket keepers gloves or base ballers mits etc. So if it's in the rules why not take advantage of it.

So my question... In your opinion what is the best suit for someone never having used a suit and also some reasoning would be good. Very new to suits and supportive equipment. Currently use a belt and wraps (only wraps for about 3 months too).

Just incase current strength levels raw dictate anything...
Best lifts in comp (belt only)
205kg (451lbs) Squat
115kg (253lbs) Bench
240kg (528lbs) Dead

Appreciate your help :)

SEOINAGE
06-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Well I would get a entry level squat suit and bench shirt. Something that is easy to learn, and doesn't offer too much support, rather than focus on the gear that will get you the biggest lifts, get used to it first, and work your way into it, otherwise you may never learn the gear.

IronDiggy
06-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Yea don't go top end first. I got a super centurion to start and it was/is a bitch to learn in. My f6 was a breeze and I still get a decent amount out of it.

BloodandThunder
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
The best would be Super Centurion and Super Katana and Velocity DL. For a beginner (also depends on training partners), a Centurion and a Fury/F6 will still provide alot of pop depending on the tightness and age of the gear. A stretched out Katana may be ok too.

Best advice would be to just get some hand me downs and learn them first. See if you like it. Gear isn't for everyone and IPF is expanding its raw brand if you must lift in that affiliate.

HJP
06-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Seoinage - Good advice! Appreciate that. Any recommendations for brand? I was looking at Titan simply because I have Titan wraps currently!

IronDiggy - what brands are these ones you are talking about? I'll google them anyway lol. Starting to see that beginner gear will be best!

BloodAndThunder - Cheer mate! Yeah it will be interesting to see what progresses in the raw category. Main reason I am looking into support is I want a decent shot at winning nats as a junior either this year or next and currently in NZ no raw category is available to lift in! And yeh the fed I have to be in is IPF, no other Feds down here but I quite like the fed!