PDA

View Full Version : its been a while. Starting strength possibly?

bass slayer
06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
I am sorry to admit that I am a failure to myself and my goals. I was making alot of progress in the gym and then I met a woman..To make a long story short it was good for a while and then I got depressed and never felt so low in my life. I lost alot of weight and my dedication when out the window. Everything I worked for was gone. On a good note, I dumped this woman and am back in the gym and have been seeing good results, but im about to do another bulk because i miss being 215 ( im down to 172 after a cut). Should I just do starting strength again (its been 3 years since ive done it last) or should I go to mad cow 5x5? I just dont know if im going to see the results i had in the past with it. Im going to begin a diet with 4000 calories and work up to 5000.

StLRPh
06-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Before going crazy on your calories, do you know how much you're taking in now?

bass slayer
06-22-2011, 01:05 PM
right now on a good day im probably getting 2000 calories in.

StLRPh
06-22-2011, 02:21 PM
doubling your calories might be a bit excessive. Might want to add about 500/day and see where that gets you. After that you can adjust as needed. For a program just pick one you like and that you think you'll stick to for a while.