View Full Version : SQUAT FORM CHECK

djenkins76
06-25-2011, 01:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R5FLDEUibI&feature=youtu.be

point out weak areas and things i need to work on

raw. no briefs or wraps

Mark!
06-25-2011, 01:35 PM
The first rep for some reason it looks like you leaned forward a tad, but the rest didn't look that way, that could just be me and my one good eye right now, ha. 555x6 is solid dude, looked good.

djenkins76
06-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks Mark. My first rep is always my worst rep. Thanks again

The first rep for some reason it looks like you leaned forward a tad, but the rest didn't look that way, that could just be me and my one good eye right now, ha. 555x6 is solid dude, looked good.

Mark!
06-25-2011, 02:23 PM
It's stupid but I have that same issue, it's like it takes my body a second to realize what the hell it's supposed to be doing. I like your stance, thinking of opening mine up on squats, see how it feels. You notice any difference in discomfort or hip issues going wide?

djenkins76
06-25-2011, 03:03 PM
the wider i squat the better i feel. its when i squat narrow that i feel anything. i try and switch it up once and a while to give a certain stance a break and to strengthen the weaknesses.

mastermonster
06-25-2011, 08:37 PM
The only thing I see (except getting a little forward the first rep) is your knees kicking in a little as you start up. As you go on up in weight it will become an injury risk eventually. No matter how sound your knees are. You put the interior ligaments at risk. I'd just suggest starting to concentrate on pushing the knees out as you start pushing up. This actually just keeps them in proper allignment. Other than that; impressive set! Nice!

Niko_El_Piko
06-26-2011, 03:47 PM
The only thing I see (except getting a little forward the first rep) is your knees kicking in a little as you start up. As you go on up in weight it will become an injury risk eventually. No matter how sound your knees are. You put the interior ligaments at risk. I'd just suggest starting to concentrate on pushing the knees out as you start pushing up. This actually just keeps them in proper allignment. Other than that; impressive set! Nice!

I totally agree. Impressive lifting.
Pushing "in" your knees will, eventually bring you serious probelms with your knees. Not only the interior ligament as MM says, but also the medial mensicus.

Dank27
06-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Great lifting. But like others said. First rep form and watch that left knee movement. Great job