PDA

View Full Version : chicken recipes

yayeti
06-27-2011, 10:40 PM
I eat chicken alot but lately its been tasting nasty. Ive resorted to shake n bake but Im even getting sick of that. Im a terrible cook but looking to learn. Whats some quick and easy recipes you guys use?

RAFAEL NADAL
06-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Hi,,,
The following are some good chicken recipes that I want to share with you.
Chicken Casserole
Baked Chicken
Lemon chicken and fried chicken...

Mark!
06-28-2011, 04:53 AM
Hi,,,
The following are some good chicken recipes that I want to share with you.
Chicken Casserole
Baked Chicken
Lemon chicken and fried chicken...

These aren't recipes...doh'!

for low carb, I take some tomato paste, cheese, and chicken breast, cook the boobs, and just before done spread the paste on top, along with the cheese and finish in the oven. Pretty much chicken parmesan. I also go back and forth between grilled and baked, the texture and flavor from the different methods alone helps me cope, or I just pull up my kilt and eat chicken any way prepared. I want a rotisserie so I can cook chicken in that sucker here, love some rotisserie chicken from the market.

Some things I use...
liquid smoke ({is a God send)
Franks red hot sauce (buffalo is great)
mrs dash -any flavor

It's fun for me to just mix and match different flavors of spices and such getting something new, I guess that's the chef school coming out in me. I typed this up quick, if it's still going when I get back from the hike I'll get some more things and ideas up and about.

Alex.V
06-28-2011, 08:15 AM
Buy one of these:

http://www.romertopfonline.com/

Throw in a few pounds of chicken, some red wine or cooking wine, salt, any generic chicken spices (McCormick makes great ones), and a few slices of bacon. Put in the oven for two hours at 325. Take out, eat over a few days.

BallsWideDeep
06-28-2011, 08:59 AM
I've posted this up before, but I like it a lot.
You take the chicken titties, throw them in a bag, and add equal parts soy sauce, pineapple juice, and beer.
Charcoal grill them if you have the choice.
Even if you don't drink it is nice to have some cheap beer around for grilling.

If you want a talking piece skip the clay dutch oven, and build this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ka2kpzTAL8

You will instantly raise your cooking prowess.

EDIT:
I love this too. Thai style curry.
Add some red or green curry paste to a pan. Add enough coconut milk to form a heavy sauce.
Cook chicken breast cubes in this sauce.
Throw in eggplant, onions, mushrooms (and pretty much whatever else you like). Add rest of can of coconut milk.
Add water until you reach desired consistency and simmer until veggies are done.
Eat with rice or not.
This is high protein and fat = calories (coconut is saturated fat, but it's a medium chain triglyceride, some studies say good for you)

yayeti
07-01-2011, 06:18 AM
hey these are some good ideas...lets keep em comin :)

Focused70
07-01-2011, 09:19 AM
http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6037/5890652659_6bbbb12906_o.jpg
Broiled chicken breast, with scallion-ginger sauce, steamed rice and stir-fried baby bok choy.

Looks like a major production, doesn't it? You can have this done in half an hour, and it's not even complicated.

Scallion-ginger sauce consists of 3 minced scallions; one 2" piece of ginger, shredded; 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Combine all ingredients in a small heat-proof bowl. Stir once or twice. Heat 5 tablespoons vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until barely smoking, then pour the heated oil over the scallion mixture. Oil will splatter a bit. Stir a few times, then use as desired.

Chicken breasts were broiled for 20 minutes. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper over skinless boneless chicken breasts. Broil at 350 F for 15-20 minutes. Easy.

thecityalive
07-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Chicken breast, cut into strips.
1 cup green beans
1 cup yellow corn
red pepper flakes, salt, pepper
extra virgin olive oil.

Heat pan with oil, add chicken, cook though. add red pepper flakes and a dash of water. Cover. This will get the peppers to sweat and penetrate the chicken, infusing them with flavor.

add vegetables, cover.

stir occasionally to ensure that nothing is being burnt.
serve on top of white rice.

this is my lunch that i separate into 2 smaller meals though the day.

thecityalive
07-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Sorry for the double post, but this is what I usually make from above

1/2 cup green beans
1/2 cup yellow corn
one handful of chicken strips (non fried)
and aprox 1/2 cup of white rice

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/large/342249757.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1310253611&Signature=tbt0x9n7ixtvvksVLW95tqbLFmA%3D

Cards
07-10-2011, 08:49 AM
i'm a big fan of soup when i'm lazy. I

1 big pot:
1 chicken breast
1 potato
1 chopped onion
as much pasta (something that's not in noodle form)
maybe rice
carrots if you like
(insert what ever vegetable you want)

--
I maybe fill the pot up 1/4th of the way, throw in the chicken, onions, chopped potatoes, some oil, some salt and pepper. Cook the chicken until you can basally shred it (40 minutes).

Add other vegetables/pasta. cook until pasta rice is done.

Boom, chicken soup. I don't like to use stock because of all the sodium. Add salt for taste.

Cards
07-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Baked chicken with artichoke dip on top is also very goodl.

Chicken
Mayo
artichokes
Parm cheese

--

cup or so of mayo, add some artichoke hearts, and some parm cheese. Mix in a bowl, and taste. prep the chicken breats, pre heat oven for 325-350. bake for 20-30 min.

service with what ever side dish you like, mac and cheese is a good one.