PDA

View Full Version : Muscle_G's bodybuilding log

muscle_g
06-28-2011, 12:44 PM
As I stated in my powerlifting log, I'm putting powerlifting on the back burnner for awhile. I want to pursue a goal I had set for myself when I was a kid and compete in some natural bodybuilding contests next year. I will use the rest of this year to get my training and diet in order.

Starting next week I will try a "mini" 12 week cut to see where I could be at a certain amount of time. I will post up my training and I will take pics ever 3 or 4 weeks to see how I'm progressing and post them here. For all of you that compete or have competed before please throw some pointers this way.

After reading up on alot of stuff and evalutaing some weak points I have developed a training split which I think will work pretty good for me

Mon- Quads, Hams, Calves
Tue- Chest, Delts, Abs
Wed- Rest
Thu-Back, Traps/Neck
Fri- Arms, Forearms, Abs
Sat/Sun- Rest

and I'm planning on doing some form of cardio every training day

muscle_g
06-28-2011, 12:54 PM
Monday 6/27/11

Leg Extensions
50x4x25

Squats(on smith machine)
135x10
135x10
185x8
185x8

BB Step-Ups
95x4x10
each leg

Adducter Machine
125x2x20

Standing Calf Raises
60x4x15(pointing toes in all directions)

Seated Calf Raises
70x4x20(point toes in all directions)

1-Legged Calf Presses(on leg press)
1PLx3x20
each leg

Cardio: Exercise Bike 20mins(average Heart Rate 150)

(Quads, Glutes and calves were really pumped from this workout. I know the weights are low but my muscular endurance is crap right now from all of the heavy low rep lifting. And before anyone says anything about the smith-machine lol, it is actually harder for me to squat on it then it is to squat with free squats for some reason. And I can also feel it in the quads alot better.)

Coke
06-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Wish you the best as you go in another direction, good luck with the new goals.