PDA

View Full Version : The Journal of Hguols

Hguols
06-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Greetings, I just signed on here yesterday. I might as well start a journal, but I don't believe that I'll be making daily posts.

I lift every third day (2 days off for growing) and do cardio/calorie burn with abs 6 days a week.

I do a lot of the same exercises, but I try to mix up the weight amount every once in a while.

The bad: I'm doing rather poor in the lower back department so presses, squats and deadlifts are not part of my routine. I try to use my back within reason, but a narrow spine (genetic) and scoliosis seems to limit me in the leg/back strength department. Mostly I try to do maintenance.

The good: My chest/arms are very strong. The flat bench is my favorite exercise, and it shows. I just did this accomplishment a few days ago, and what I rep with is under 100lbs less.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ppTOIjOHM

On a weight days, I'm usually in the gym for close to 3 hours. I go for muscle fatigue in multiple groups, rather than isolate muscles groups on a daily basis. (I think I get better results with the multiple groups, then taking days off from lifting)

My next workout day is Thursday and I'll post my reps and exercises then.
See you Thursday! ( ^ - ^)

Hguols
06-30-2011, 01:58 PM
The workout today was really good. This was actually a heavier day for me, but I had to cut the cardio section a little short because I had to go to work. Still got 2 1/2 hours in.

Also, for the record, I don't do liftoffs. I've had hard knock spotters tell me, "If you can't take it off the rack, leave it on the bench."

Nautilus Ab Machine 140lbs x 30.
Same machine, same weight one handed (works obliques) x 15 with each hand.
2 minutes of decline twists with a 25lb ball.

295lbs x 10 reps on the flat bench. (warmup - no spotter)
85lb dumbbell x 10 each arm - sit down preacher curls
45lb weight upright rows, arms fully extended - 20 reps
"popeyes" wrist curls with 85lb dumbbell x 10 reps "top and bottom" each arm (40 reps between both arms)

335lbs x 8 reps on the flat bench. (spotter rode with me on the 9th rep)
"popeyes" wrist curls with 85lb dumbbell x 10 reps "top and bottom" each arm (40 reps between both arms)

365lbs x 5 reps on the flat bench. (no touch from the spotter)

140lb dumbbells incline bench 2 sets of 10 reps

2 sets of 10 reps 205lb barbell pullovers - I love to hate these.
(Here's a video of me doing 1 set of these at a place I used to work - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7hIlUBDDw0 )

15 minutes of cardio. I had to cut it short because I had to get cleaned up for work, but 200 calories wasn't too bad.

See you next weight day!

Hguols
07-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Man, it sucks. Once I got to dumbbells, I ran out of stem, but I still kept going. I hope I don't bore you guys with my always very similar workout. Makes sense to me that if I want to get better at something, I keep trying it. Anyway, here's today's adventure in the gym.

315lbs x 10 reps on the flat bench. (spotter didn't touch)

335lbs x 8 reps on the flat bench. (ALMOST had rep 9 myself. SO CLOSE!!!!! Spotter had to help me with 9)

140lb dumbbells incline bench 2 sets of 10 reps

2 sets of 10 reps 205lb barbell pullovers

20 minutes of cardio - bumped the resistance down cause I was POOPED.

See you next weight day!

Hguols
07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
I had a really off day today.

335lbs x 10 reps on the flat bench. (spotter didn't touch!!! I couldn't believe it!)

No 3rd set on the bench! The gym was a ghost town.... I couldn't get a spotter, so I only did the two sets.

140lb dumbbells incline bench 1 sets of 10 reps - 2nd set, I had muscle fatigue so I didn't push it. :(

2 sets of 10 reps 205lb barbell pullovers

20 minutes of cardio - bumped up the resistance a little.

4 minutes of decline twists with a 25lb ball.

See you next weight day!