PDA

View Full Version : cardio

Hartzell84
06-28-2011, 08:45 PM
whats up guys i been cutting an currently lost 28lbs i been doing great, im sitting around 189lbs, but the treadmille is getting really boring, i lift weights M-W-F doing upper lower and i rotate it every week. My question is on tuesday and thursday could i do insanity, just the cardio part of insanity it involves just bodyweight.will it hurt my lifting? im currently eating about 2400 cals and losing 2lbs a week. Thank you

Hartzell84
06-28-2011, 08:53 PM
forgot to add im 5foot3

SEOINAGE
06-28-2011, 09:05 PM
I doubt doing insanity will hurt you, although I know nothing about it other than my wife's friend has her convinced to do it, so I will know more soon, but doing the cardio won't hurt you lifting imo. Personally I get annoyed by people giving in to all these gimmick programs and swearing by them. But do what works for you i suppose.

Hartzell84
06-28-2011, 10:02 PM
I doubt doing insanity will hurt you, although I know nothing about it other than my wife's friend has her convinced to do it, so I will know more soon, but doing the cardio won't hurt you lifting imo. Personally I get annoyed by people giving in to all these gimmick programs and swearing by them. But do what works for you i suppose.

i didnt give in lol, my friend bought it and i tryed one of the workouts for 35min with my heart monitor and i burned 540 cals where i was buring 300 on treadmill for same time

Brian C
06-29-2011, 08:26 AM
Better off asking in bodybuilding section. Not many people in here doing insanity, but it looks pretty tough.

Hguols
06-29-2011, 02:43 PM
I can burn more calories on an elliptical than I can on a treadmill.
....mainly because I can crank up the resistance and TRUDGE.

I work a lot of hours at a desk, and I usually only have time for 20 minutes of cardio on days I don't lift, but it still nets me around 240 calories burnt each time.
Better than nothing.

ZAR-FIT
06-29-2011, 04:09 PM
Stair mill is ultimate cardio machine imo ... mix it up.. single step, double step, fast, slow, 2 minute bouts... best fat burning option for me personally.