PDA

View Full Version : weight train..protein..then cardio

big calvin
05-23-2002, 10:42 AM
ok im tryn to figure out how i can fit all my exercise in my dad. i work from 3-11pm and go home and try to get to sleep as fast as i can. wake up at 6am eat and hit the gym by 7am. for about 45-60 min. then drink a shake. now i was wondering because i dont want to "starve" me muscles after a workout waiting for the cardio to end if i could workout eat a protein shake then go to the track to walk. so it woud be like a 30-45 min. wait) i dont eat too many carbs so the protein only shake wont really matter. but like im thinking just a nice 30 min. walk after i drink the shake. or should i revearse it and do cardio early as hell and eat and train?

thanks
calvin

ps. i didnt know if his should go in training forum or diet but im not asking a diet queston more a training one. thanks you

Holto
05-23-2002, 10:47 AM
I have had the same thought.

I wondered how much muscle I can lose during a short walk

(I only do 20 minutes)

I figure if the shake is ready to go it's not really a big wait.

Fudomyo
05-23-2002, 10:51 AM
IMHO, Cardio (intense) is best for raising your metabolism if you are too calorie deprived on a severe cut. A good workout should have nearly the same effect.

I don't think a 20 minute walk is going to help you a bit, unless you want to unwind a bit.

10 minute sprint is better, but wouldn't help after a good workout anyway.

Lots of BB people lose weight and never do cardio. I lost 20 lbs and did about 3 days of cardio (total for 12 weeks). Gained a 1/4 lb of muscle even.

millertime
05-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Fudomyo
I don't think a 20 minute walk is going to help you a bit, unless you want to unwind a bit.

10 minute sprint is better, but wouldn't help after a good workout anyway.

Cardio is a distance game, the farther you go the more calories you burn. The rate at which your body burns glucose is constant.

So if the walks 1 mile in 20 minutes he burn more calories then if the ran 1/2 mile in 10 minutes.

PowerManDL
05-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Its not about the calories. Its about the metabolic effects of the sprinting.

Holto
05-23-2002, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Fudomyo

when I do my 20min walk my heart rate is @135 which is my target heart rate for fat burning

it might not be doing much for my V02 max but it is effective cardio