PDA

View Full Version : Tuna and Beans

HongMan_Choi
07-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I need to start making more recipes with cheaper foods like tuna and beans. Does anyone have some ideas of quick healthy recipes I can make with these and possible other cheap foods high in protein. As well something that you can take on the go with you?

ThankS!

BallsWideDeep
07-03-2011, 01:12 PM
I need to start making more recipes with cheaper foods like tuna and beans. Does anyone have some ideas of quick healthy recipes I can make with these and possible other cheap foods high in protein. As well something that you can take on the go with you?

ThankS!

Are you a giant Asian fighter whom likes a beating?

I love tuna noodle casserole with green peas. Might be good with some beans. Could also switch the typical cream of mushroom to cream of tomato, and add some peppers for a southwestern style.

Now that I'm thinking southwestern I like chicken and rice wraps. I get the chicken, rice, corn, rotell tomatoes with the green chiles, etc. and start rolling fatties like snoop dogg. Roll four days at time. Nice to go.

need4weights
07-05-2011, 10:16 AM
@HongMan Due to the bad economy, Iíve recently had to get a new gig out of school that requires me to deliver pizza. Iíve started stacking on the pounds left and right due to my late night shifts and wealth of old pizza. Iíve tried taking some lemon bars my girlfriend makes for me out of some diet book by Rocco Dispirito, but they are getting a little old. She wants to watch the show together tonight because he is having on some fitness gurus on the show and thinks it will help. Has anyone seen the show? Or will I be clawing my eyes out? On the upside his Watch and Win contest will be a good way to have a stress free vacation to NYC!!:clap:

thecityalive
07-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Tuna, like a lot of fish, are really good when you simply sautee or cook in a pan with salt and pepper. I know when I forced myself into healthier cooking, one of the first things I considered was the flavoring. Now, a lot of flavoring comes in oils and fats, (which fish generally contains very little of as it is one of the most lean proteins you can consume).

You can always take your tuna steak (or whatever you have) sautee or just seer so it has nice texture. Season to taste with some pepper and salt. You can even add your green beans, add little water (to force your food to sweat cook) and cover.

One technique I use a lot is cooking my vegetables in whatever remnants are in my pan. I use this shallow (aprox) 8" pan omelet pan for nearly everything. Meat goes in first, season, then vegetables. Crushed red peppers usually follow. Small scoop of rice, and plate. You will be surprised how well your foods will compliment each other with the right seasoning.

the pope
07-05-2011, 03:26 PM
try a tuna and egg burgers it sounds worse that it is , its not bad actually ull need one can of tuna1 or 2 eggs (whole or whites up to your self) whisk together throw on a pan till brown on each side but have them moist in the middle you can add salsa or any sauces, seasions or cheese e.t.c. youll get about 40g of protein out of this

HongMan_Choi
07-05-2011, 11:19 PM
need4weights: Idono what your even talking about...

thanks for the ideas, im definately going to try the tuna egg burgers out, that actually sounds pretty good to me!