PDA

View Full Version : max out on squats everyday

BoAnderson71
07-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Anybody else read the recent article where John Broz talks about maxing out on squats everyday? If you haven't just go to google and type in max out on squats everyday and it should pop up. Very interesting and tempting article, especially if you love to squat and the oly or compound movements. I am curious what you guys think about it.

Sensei
07-02-2011, 02:58 AM
Are you talking about this? http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/max_out_on_squats_every_day

I disagree with some things (as they are presented - I might change my opinion with more context), but there are certainly some interesting thoughts there.

NickAus
07-02-2011, 03:35 AM
I just think if world record squats are set by guys who only squat heavy once a week why train it every day so you cant do much else?

Mark!
07-02-2011, 04:14 AM
I'm sure it works for some, but like everything else, I'm partial to my argument that what works for Jim, won't work for Bob. Like nick said, most HEAVY lifters aren't lifting heavy every single day, relatively speaking. Someone like Travis or Vincent benches more on their deload week than I do on my ME day, bastards.

Travis Bell
07-02-2011, 05:16 AM
You have to keep in mind that Broz is a pure Oly coach so that's his perspecitive. Although I really disagree with a lot of that stuff.

ScottYard
07-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Looks like an injury that will happen not If but When.

SELK
07-02-2011, 05:27 PM
I just think if world record squats are set by guys who only squat heavy once a week why train it every day so you cant do much else?

Depends what you consider the world record, russians are known for training their squat several times per week. When we are talking about geared lifting the programming has to change because a geared squat puts a ton more stress on the body as the weight used is so much higher.

I think Broz has some great ideas. But in general I also think lifting more or less comes down to effort + consistency = result and the training method doesn't matter all that much.

BloodandThunder
07-02-2011, 06:38 PM
I knew about Broz' method before and when I saw that article, I said to myself, "I can't wait to read threads from some newbs asking how to combine 5/3/1 and Broz method"

lol