PDA

View Full Version : I WANNABEBIG! Does Squats help?

88Arkan88
07-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Hi

My first post in this forum, hope to celebrate my bigness with a separate thread with before-after photos, in future.

I don't touch weights, I train using only my bodyweight, extreme bodyweight exercises such as one-arm pushup and one-arm pullup. But seems like I've hit the limit, I won't get any bigger anymore.

So this week I heard a lot of good stuff about Squats and their effectiveness in bigness.
So I want to start squatting, to get bigger.
Will start today with bodyweight full (all the way down) squats, and eventually will make it to one-legged full squats (The Pistol).

So I wanted to ask from you experts of bigness:
1. Are squats really effective in pushing the athletes to the next levels of bigness? Will I get bigger if I squat?
2. What's the deal with squats and bigness? what happens chemically when you squat in your body that causes the bigness?
3. Are full one-legged bodyweight squats intense enough to trigger the production of squat-induced chemical goodies in the body?

Thanks in advance

NickAus
07-03-2011, 02:16 AM
Are you playing with us or are you serious?

88Arkan88
07-03-2011, 02:19 AM
Tell me why it seems like I'm playing with you? Did I tell something funny?

NickAus
07-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Time waster.

88Arkan88
07-03-2011, 02:27 AM
I don't understand you.
Then don't waste your precious time with my question.

M.T. Neal
07-03-2011, 02:30 AM
Squats use a lot of muscles but mostly barbell squats use more because you are supporting weight and using muscles in your upper body as well as the lower. Without the weight, they are still a great exercise but much less effective as gaining size. In fact, body weight exercises will increase you size some, particularly in the beginning, but you will hit a point where you won't gain size but will increase your endurance and that will help to burn fat. Some pro atheletes use mostly bodyweight exercises in their training but those aren't the large atheletes. You will never get really big, without using weights.

88Arkan88
07-03-2011, 02:34 AM
Thank you Neal for the constructive reply.

But what if I do one-legged squats with a barbell? does it count?
The reason I insist on doing one-legged squats (with barbells if its needed for bigness) is I also want to benefit from the balance required to do it. the balance is very important for me and my Judo career.

88Arkan88
07-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Perhaps if you tell me the required sets and reps of an intense barbell squat (to failure) routine (that makes people big), I can customize a one-legged squat with barbell routine that have the same intensity

M.T. Neal
07-03-2011, 02:38 AM
I wouldn't do one legged squats with weight but that's just me but I don't have the balance to try it. I would do regular squats with weight and you could do the one legged squats on another day or after the weighted squats.

HJP
07-03-2011, 04:13 AM
Do you want to be big or balanced or both? If both then do heavy Squats on two legs and do your single leg stuff at another time in the session. Heavy Squats are the best exercise there is (debatable with deadlifting) to increase hormone levels to cause muscle growth. You can't go heavy enough on one legged Squats to get same increases in hormones an stress and therefore the adaptive response in strength and growth

Take it or leave it it's the honest truth.

Travis Bell
07-03-2011, 06:12 AM
This has got to be a troll.