PDA

View Full Version : *Rant!!!!*

HJP
07-03-2011, 04:18 AM
Bit of a rant..

Okay so I feel this is the place to get it off my chest...

Three three things gym goers do, well the way they do them - bicep exercises, Squats and Bench Pressing...

So firstly bicep exercises. Training on Saturday and some guys were doing biceps. Is there really any need for a whole session on biceps unless you are well trained and a body builder?? DB Curls, BB curls, preacher curls, cable preacher curls reverse curls, hammer curls and more... Is there really a point to this? Go do heavy Squats and some deadlifts, maybe finish with one or two bicep exercises and growth will be far better due to the body having huge spikes in hormone levels from a real stress being placed on it.

Now Squats. What had got to me here is some vids watched from friends on FB etc. Seriously if you are going to post a video of squatting please at least get near parallel!!! Why squat 190kg 20cm high an post it for the world to see. People in the gym are worse though. Aside from less than a handful of us everyone else is high as can be. I suppose there may be some growth an improvements but this could be greatly enhanced. At least now I'm a trainer I can suggest depth for people but I feel no one will change it for long as at the end of the day it is difficult.

And finally the famed Bench Press... How do you know what you can bench when it's still floating and each rep an weight is to a different point? Yet they still talk about it. The whole shoulder stress thing is a point but by putting the ego at the door an learning technique this issue can be nearly resolved...

So that's my rant. No issues if you disagree or also would like to have a rant go for gold.

Really, I just wish I could train at a real powerlifters gym...

jtteg_x
07-03-2011, 04:59 AM
I feel ya. I train at the local 24hr fitness and its like that everyday here. Your best bet is to ignore it because in the end, your coming up with legit results and they're not. I been training at my local 24ht fitness for 3-4 years now and everyone loves to ask my training partner if I was taking steriods. AND I barely started creatine last year! LOL. I've been asked how to get big/stronger and I've wasted too much of my breath. They just never listen, ask way to many irrelevant questions and end up not doing what I tell them.

HJP
07-03-2011, 05:17 AM
Your bang on there!! Funny how you train right and train hard so therefore get results and then people instantly think roids! Ah well keep training hard mate!

mastermonster
07-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Your bang on there!! Funny how you train right and train hard so therefore get results and then people instantly think roids! Ah well keep training hard mate!

Saw a great T-shirt once! It said "No, I'm not on steroids...but thanks for asking!"

Another one that fits what you're talking about with all of the nagging questions that they never really listen too:

"I'm not having 'Roid Rage'...I just don't like you!"

I remember my days in the comercial gym. Many there had the opinion that anybody stronger or bigger than them "Had to be on Steroids". Weak minds live in a world of excuses!

HJP
07-04-2011, 02:26 AM
Weak minds live in a world of excuses!

Good point man!!

Mark!
07-04-2011, 03:22 AM
If you didn't do steroids then people obviously wouldn't accuse you of it dude...clearly you're in denial. Since congress spent billions on steroids and the mlb, everyones a freakin expert. bastards.

HJP
07-04-2011, 03:32 AM
If you didn't do steroids then people obviously wouldn't accuse you of it dude...clearly you're in denial. Since congress spent billions on steroids and the mlb, everyones a freakin expert. bastards.
Lol what exactly do you mean by this post? Sorry I'm confused by it or is it sarcasm? Haha

Mark!
07-04-2011, 03:43 AM
Lol what exactly do you mean by this post? Sorry I'm confused by it or is it sarcasm? Haha
Oh dude that's totally dripping with sarcasm, no worries. haha

HJP
07-04-2011, 03:52 AM
Lol thought so but always hard to tell on forums hahaha

Travis Bell
07-04-2011, 05:08 AM
A well taken opinion, however I think we are starting to collect too many "rant" threads and it's time to move on