PDA

View Full Version : Question on Deadlifts

Brian205
07-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Any of you guys, even with Perfect form, get lower back pain and spine soreness after deadlifts,

these guys are Bodybuilders and not Powerlifters,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJod-jEK2Wg&feature=channel_video_title

your opinions on what they are saying,

I dont train to Compete, I just train for overall strength, health, and accesssory for MMA exercises

thanks

barryisawinnah
07-03-2011, 10:51 PM
Who in the f*ck are those guys?

Brian Shaw is 6'8" and one of the best deadlifters in the world...

I don't experience any pain while deadlifting. If you are really worried about it, get a belt and wear it on every set.

Now if you back issues or something, you might want to stay away from them.

Dan Fanelli
07-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Those guys are complete douchebags..... Dont listen to a word they say.

Yes, your back my get sore from time to time after deadlifts. You SHOULD feel it more in your hamstrings and quads though, but it works the entire body so its possible for just about anything to get sore.

Best bet is to post a video with your form. If you avoid failure on deadlift and have good form, there is nothing to worry about. You are NOT going to "snap some $hit up".

Mark!
07-03-2011, 11:18 PM
these guys are Bodybuilders and not Powerlifters,

your opinions on what they are saying,

They're not bodybuilders, they're spreading idiocy to the masses, that's all. Don't take anything they say as truth unless you've researched it and know it to be true for yourself.

joey54
07-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Some of their vids have ok advice hidden in their crap, but in reality who are they? When someone puts out strong opinions and acts like an expert, they should have the credentials to back it up. There are some legitimate reasons not to deadlift, but fear of "snapping some shit" isn't one of them.

mastermonster
07-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Two Bozo's!

SEOINAGE
07-04-2011, 11:44 PM
wow they sound stupid. sorry that is all i have to say.

jtteg_x
07-04-2011, 11:57 PM
x2 what everyone said. DL v.. SQ is like comparing apples to oranges.

Dank27
07-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Those guys are bodybuilders? Um def not.
Don't listen to them. In fact we should all email them to please not post anymore stupidity lol

theBarzeen
07-07-2011, 09:09 PM
I like to do deadlifts so that my back WILL get sore...... what's the problem?