PDA

View Full Version : Titan Ram/Slingshot assisted training question

banger
07-05-2011, 08:21 AM
Just curious to see who is using either of these in their training, and have they been helpful with both your RAW and shirted lifts? I'm thinking about getting one of them to work into my ME rotation, as I'd like something that is quicker to use than a shirt (especially if I don't have anyone to help me).

If you have used them, do you have a preference between either the Ram or Slingshot? Is the bar path different? How much assist do you feel you are getting out of them? And do you feel the support in your shoulders like you do with a shirt?

Thanks to all who reply!

Kim

mike95763
07-05-2011, 11:01 AM
I use the slingshot for both ME and assistance stuff. It isn't really anything like a shirt. It feels more like a raw lift to me than a shirted lift. Using it in ME has helped teach me to generate speed from the bottom of the press and maintain it through lockout. Using it with assistance stuff has helped strengthen my lockout considerably. It is a great, easy overload exercise, especially if you don't have many training partners.

Rob Luyando
07-05-2011, 11:07 AM
I have been using the sling shot as a training tool for the past year. It is a great "Tool" for benching both raw and equiped lifters will benifit from the use. I use it to get over load sets in when my shoulders are feeling shot.

banger
07-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys. I think I may get one for my overload training. I like how it looks for a quick support option, especially when I'm by myself.

jtteg_x
07-06-2011, 03:01 PM
I've used both and prefer the slingshot as it offers more support right at the elbows, feeling like they are getting "lifted" and supports my arch more. My partners (who are high groove benchers) prefer the RAM. It feels like reverse band benching IMO. There both great tools for over loading and those with health related injuries. One of the bench only guys I train with swear by the Titan RAM as it has allowed him to bench his raw prime with his pinched shoulder and blown lower tricep injuries. I believe he is 53.

larsen540
07-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I use the ram and believe it helps a ton in me traiing

Mark!
07-07-2011, 09:01 AM
I use the slingshot for overload work and to get assistance in speed/lockout. It's helped me to get a good feel for the speed I need to generate off my chest raw and and drive I need to keep through lockout.

Darracq
07-08-2011, 10:31 AM
I put a monster mini fouled it over and put arms in just over elbows. this seemed to help with some shoulder paiin i have been having really keep elbows tucked, I have been thinking about getting a titan ram or super ram if it would protect my shoulders some.

banger
07-08-2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks again for all the feedback. I like what I am hearing, and it sounds like one of these would make a good tool for my gym bag.