PDA

View Full Version : Rice

HongMan_Choi
07-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Hi I recently started changing my carbs from day to day:

Sun-low, Mon-No, Tues-High, Wed-No, Thurs-Low, Fri-No, Sat-High

I have heard many things about white and brown rice. Sometimes I would rather eat white rice, so i am wondering if it is alright for days that I eat carbs to eat white rice instead of brown rice? or should i just man up and eat the brown rice?

What is the big difference,and how will the two different rices affect me in regards to bodybuilding?

I know brown rice is less processed and has more fiber, so would white rice still be an alright carb to have

thecityalive
07-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Dude, I'm half Asian, I don't give a **** what kind of rice I have. It's basically a staple to every meal >_<

Behemoth
07-06-2011, 11:03 AM
White rice is fine. Brown may offer more satiety but both are perfectly acceptable foods to eat.

ZAR-FIT
07-06-2011, 01:22 PM
here's a good article for you to read bro.
http://arp.optimalhealthsystems.com/showeduc.asp?id=7

Alex.V
07-06-2011, 01:24 PM
There's next to zero difference between the two, with regards to vitamins, minerals, fiber, etc. That's mostly hype. Eat whichever kind you like better.

HongMan_Choi
07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Ok thanks alot everyone. That article was really helpful. Im also wondering, for the days that I should be eating no carbs, what should i have post workout? I should usally have carbs, but since i can't what could i have instead that would be good

BallsWideDeep
07-07-2011, 07:43 AM
As soon as I get home, I'm going to take a page out of my Asian friend's book, and buy one of the expensive fuzzy logic rice cookers. I really like brown rice, but I'm inconsistent on cooking it. If it isn't done right, it's a squishy mess.

thecityalive
07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
If it is squishy, it is most likely overcooked or you added too much water.

A general tip in rice making: You need to <and this might sound odd> massage the grains and clean off the small outer layer of the rice. You can just take your rice, put it in water, and run your hand though. Replace water until the water runs (somewhat) clear.

Here comes the tricky part: How much water do you put in per <insert quantity here>? Well, actually when it comes to measuring, use your eyes. I own a rice cooker, and I generally allow for about 1-1.5 inch(s) of water to cover my rice before making it. Any more, and your rice will become sticky.

Now keep in mind, you can make great rice without a rice cooker, there is no doubt about that, you just need to pay more attention.

Alex.V
07-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Put half cup of rice in pot, add one cup water, boil, when it hits boil, turn down to simmer and put lid on. After 15 minutes for white rice and 40 minutes for brown, it's done.

I mean, this has never really made bad rice....