PDA

View Full Version : Benching w/ belt

gmen5681
07-06-2011, 10:33 AM
what is the point of benching with a belt when not in a shirt? i understand when in a shirt you use it to keep the shirt in place, but if not wearing one what is the point?

banger
07-06-2011, 12:20 PM
what is the point of benching with a belt when not in a shirt? i understand when in a shirt you use it to keep the shirt in place, but if not wearing one what is the point?

I like using a belt when I start getting heavy, as it keeps me tighter and supports my lower back (I have some arch and drive with my legs quite a bit, so I keep my setup pretty tight).

Here's a link to a previous thread where Travis talks about using a belt in his raw bench, a well:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?125001-belt-when-raw-benching

gmen5681
07-06-2011, 04:21 PM
thanks, im gonna try benching with a belt next time to see if i feel tighter.

Brian C
07-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Exactly what banger said

theBarzeen
07-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I never use a belt raw.

vdizenzo
07-07-2011, 09:53 PM
I put my belt on for the drive to the gym. Seriously, I feel much more stable with the belt on. I'll throw it on when the bar weight gets up into the 300's.

thecityalive
07-07-2011, 09:57 PM
I was considering getting one just to have one for my leg lifts. but was seeing as which one to get.

Mark!
07-07-2011, 10:45 PM
I was considering getting one just to have one for my leg lifts. but was seeing as which one to get.

I went with the Inzer Forever single prong belt. The next belt I get will be the inzer forever lever belt. 13mm, really enjoy it.

gmen5681
07-08-2011, 07:22 AM

i have the elitefts 13mm belt. i got it cheap when they had a pretty good sale going on. if i were to do it over i would get an inzer 10mm lever belt tho, just for the ease of getting it on and off. my one buddies got stuck in his belt and we literally had to cut it off of him. he started to freak out and couldnt breath, he now has a inzer lever belt. if you do go with a regular belt i would get a single prong because the double prongs are a huge pain in the ass. as for 10mm or 13mm, most people reccomend 13mm, but i plan on getting a 10mm in the future.

Dank27
07-08-2011, 09:39 PM
I went with the Inzer Forever single prong belt. The next belt I get will be the inzer forever lever belt. 13mm, really enjoy it.

I have the 1 prong and I love it. I had the lever belt and I could never get it to feel right. It was always a touch too loose or tight.

The inzer pr belt looks great due to infinite adjustability