PDA

View Full Version : Tips for eating more please

Mik3wk
07-06-2011, 03:02 PM
Hey everyone, new here. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for eating more food. I've been through the sticky's and couldn't really find anything. A little background, I used to way 110 lbs throughout high school and early university until i started lifting. I started lifting about two to three years ago and I currently weight 175, but have been stuck for a very long time here. I'd like to weigh at least 200. My main issue is i can't ever manage to build up an appetite and even trying to force food down only forces me to vomit (great visual). I will usually vomit before i even get close to being full and I'm starting to get discouraged. I'm obviously only maintaining with my current diet. Does anyone have any tips for eating more food?

Off Road
07-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Do you deadlift and barbell squat?
What kind of foods are you eating now?

4g64fiero
07-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Sure eat food you love.

Its also easy to make a 1k calorie shake. You stick around here, you'll be wondering how to eat only 4k calories a day.

JacobH
07-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I know how you feel as I have been stuck right around 175 for a little while. For some people it takes a ridiculous amount of food to continue bulking once you have come so far, especially when trying to eat clean foods. This has helped me start gaining again:
Get a blender. And whenever you have an extra moment in the day where you think you can take in some extra calories--
-2 cups of milk, 3 Big tablespoons of Natural PB and 2 scoops of whatever protein you use. Add Ice, blend, and inhale.
Full of protein and yummy calories.
Also if you are really struggling it's ok to cheat here and there. A Candy bar or An Angus from McD's-something dirty like that.

4g64fiero
07-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I know how you feel as I have been stuck right around 175 for a little while. For some people it takes a ridiculous amount of food to continue bulking once you have come so far, especially when trying to eat clean foods. This has helped me start gaining again:
Get a blender. And whenever you have an extra moment in the day where you think you can take in some extra calories--
-2 cups of milk, 3 Big tablespoons of Natural PB and 2 scoops of whatever protein you use. Add Ice, blend, and inhale.
Full of protein and yummy calories.
Also if you are really struggling it's ok to cheat here and there. A Candy bar or An Angus from McD's-something dirty like that.

I would add chocalate syrup to that and baked oat flour. Maybe some ice cream. No big deal!

JacobH
07-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I would add chocalate syrup to that and baked oat flour. Maybe some ice cream. No big deal!

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Bako Lifter
07-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Make a bako shake. 2,500 calories.

Mik3wk
07-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Do you deadlift and barbell squat?
What kind of foods are you eating now?

Yeah I do. Squats a lot more than deads though. I actually started the dysmorphic training suggested on this site about two weeks ago. Before that my schedule i lifted mon/tue/wed/fri/sat focused on deads squats and OHP with days for ME and DE.

I've been making a shake i saw someone suggest somewhere in here with milk, oats, and my protein which is about 1000 calories that I make when I wake up. I honestly pretty much eat where I feel like going and i usually don't make my own foods. I usually eat cheese steaks and fast food. When I do eat at home I eat pasta, and either chicken or steak out on the grill i do a decent amount. I go through phases with GOMAD but I find I can do the whole gallon pretty easily (i love milk) but I never feel like I need to eat. Most of the times i cant finish the full meal or even those shakes before i puke. I used to eat until I puked but I stopped that a bit ago because i'd find i'd just have to do it all over again >.<

Off Road
07-06-2011, 09:28 PM
You could try using a weight gainer like Maximus from AtLarge Nutrition. Extra calories and easy to drink.

krazylarry
07-06-2011, 09:34 PM
You can drink more than you can eat. Also if you are trying to gain weight you are no supposed to eat clean. Just eat, alot.

ZAR-FIT
07-07-2011, 02:35 AM
add peanut butter to every meal. and heavy cream to your shakes.

tom183
07-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Add olive oil to your shakes.

Mark!
07-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Protein supps and peanut butter have helped me to get the calories I need when I don't feel like eating, and eggs have a lot of calories as well, so does red meat.

Alex.V
07-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Hey everyone, new here. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for eating more food. I've been through the sticky's and couldn't really find anything. A little background, I used to way 110 lbs throughout high school and early university until i started lifting. I started lifting about two to three years ago and I currently weight 175, but have been stuck for a very long time here. I'd like to weigh at least 200. My main issue is i can't ever manage to build up an appetite and even trying to force food down only forces me to vomit (great visual). I will usually vomit before i even get close to being full and I'm starting to get discouraged. I'm obviously only maintaining with my current diet. Does anyone have any tips for eating more food?

What's your bodyfat percentage?