PDA

View Full Version : How muc Prottein do I need?

cmo140
07-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I weight about 201 and I am eating about 120 to 150 grams of protein on work out days. I lift in the morning and I work out on a empty stomach and then when I am done with working out I start my day with protein. By doing this I have lost 20 pounds in 3 months.

Now when I wake up should I be eating protein in the morning before I wake or just keep to the schedule that I have?

Also I bought Creatine 500 and was wondering when should I take that, Pre or post work out?

I work out 4 times a week and on my off day should I still be eating as much protein as on work out days?

BallsWideDeep
07-07-2011, 07:27 AM
This is awesome.
http://www.wannabebig.com/hypertrophy-cluster-training-hct-12/hypertrophy-cluster-training-hct-12-nutritional-program/

I drink some milk as soon as I wake up, but what you are doing sounds like it is working. 20lbs in 3 months. Keep it up.

I've seen some studies that say creatine after a workout is preferable to before, but the advice I see most on here is, take it whenever you can. On an empty stomach or with your PWO shake is also common advice.

Same protein for off day.

tom183
07-07-2011, 08:43 AM
should I be eating protein in the morning before I wake or just keep to the schedule that I have?

I'd love to see how you eat protein while asleep.

Also I bought Creatine 500 and was wondering when should I take that, Pre or post work out?

Doesn't matter.

I work out 4 times a week and on my off day should I still be eating as much protein as on work out days?

Yes.

ffkjj
07-07-2011, 10:10 AM
I always took 25 g of protein before I worked out. (mixed with water)
Post workout I always took 50 G mixed with milk and creatine. I also took my fish oil and vitamin with this.
Throughout the day I try to eat as much protein as possible using foods.

At night I would take 25-50 grams of casein protein right before bed. (depending on how many grams of protein I already consumed.