PDA

View Full Version : Morning training; only carbs pre workout?!?

Zarkava
07-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Started training first thing on a morning; feel sick and uncomfortable if i eat too much before workout.

Was wondering if it would be ok to have just carbs pre workout without protein; as long as my protein intake is ok over the rest of the day?!?

At the moment i eat 300-320g protein per day; so plenty of protein; just feel sick in the gym if i eat too much pre workout.

I usually get up at 7.30am and want to train at 8-8.15am. I dont like simple carbs as the quick reduction in blood sugar levels seems to make me feel like shit when training!?!

So would 3 weetabix on their own be ok pre workout?!?

Thanks!?!

SDS
07-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Oats with brown sugar and honey.....fruit. Get some protein down 30-60 minutes post workout. WTF is weetabix?

StLRPh
07-07-2011, 02:51 PM
Depending on what you're doing, you may be just fine training on an empty stomach. For strength training I don't mind training on an empty stomach at all and in some cases prefer it.

Behemoth
07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Though I don't see why slamming a small shake in addition to the carbs you eat before your workout wouldn't be feasible, but no, it won't matter much as long as you're getting in your right nutrition throughout the course of the day.

greemah
07-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Depending on what you're doing, you may be just fine training on an empty stomach. For strength training I don't mind training on an empty stomach at all and in some cases prefer it.

According to Martin Berkhan the leangains.com guy, this can be detrimental and you should have some BCAAs before working out in a fasted state

Zarkava
07-08-2011, 12:43 AM
Thanks for your replies; i dont use protein shakes;

Weetabix are an English food;

I just dont see a problem with it as long as rest of diet contains adequate protein.

ZAR-FIT
07-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Try a scoop of NO Shotgun (caffine, creatine, 20 grams protein / amino acids) and scoop of Waxy Maize (40g carbs)in 1.5 liters of water. Start drinking 10 minutes before workout, and drink throughout as you would regular water.