PDA

View Full Version : California Rolls as post workout meal

EMan
05-23-2002, 04:39 PM
For all of you that don't know what they are:
Crab meat with a slice of avocado wrapped up in white rice and a very thin layer of seaweed. Very tasty

Here are the nutritional specs:
1 Serving
Calories: 193
Fat: 3g
Carb: 36g
Protein: 8g

High GI carbs for the muscles and some protein ? The minimal amount of fat is from the avocado.

What do you think? Good idea?

Relentless
05-24-2002, 07:24 AM
not enough protein, IMHO.

order up 1/2lb of sashimi to go with it, and you'd have my vote

(edit)
I agree with ElP, below though... whey protein shake is probably THE best thing you can put in your body post-workout.

ElPietro
05-24-2002, 07:28 AM
If you ate 3 of them it would be "ok"...although I think whey is the best option...you don't want something that is going to take too long to digest...the whole point of post-workout shakes are because they are quick and easily digested.

Budiak
05-24-2002, 10:34 AM
California rolls? Sushi?

Like rice rolled around some phony crab and cream cheese is going to add mass? Come on man,I actually think you'd be better off not eating at all.

8g protein and 36g of kinda fast carbs will do very little for starving muscles after a workout. You should have at least 30-50g protein post workout.

You dont eat by the '40 protein grams a day' USDA pyramid, do you? If we ate like that we'd look like the guys who made the pyramid- old, fat, and square.

With no chicks.

And small muscles.

Prelude
05-24-2002, 02:41 PM
4 servings but removed the avocado, followed by a 50 g. of whey. Although I can't imagine myself eating sushi and chocolate
flavored whey, you can try to drink those Isopure fruit flavored whey. Just my .02
:D