PDA

View Full Version : 2 meals a day?

calvin305
07-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I have been doing this a week now and so far it has been ok. My main concern right now is my blood sugar levels. I am diabetic type 2 and most of the time my fasting blood sugar is 260-300. I dont take medication or insulin mainly due to cost of insurance. I have had insurance in the past in which I did go to the doctor and take metaformin. Anyway my fasting blood sugar has been 180-220 which it has really never been that low even with metaformin. here is what I have been doing.

11am
1 whole roasted chicken

3pm
2 scoops protein powder
2 cups whole milk

8pm
14oz. tilapia or chicken breast
1 cup broccoli

When I do go to the gym its first thing in the AM before my first meal about 2-3 times a week lifting.My bowl movements have been fine. I havent checked my weight because again my main concern was blood sugar first but I do feel less bloated. lol

Rough estimate My calories are around 2400. Which for my weight should be good for losing weight. My only concern is 1. whole chicken seems like alot of food but becaise its early in the day would this be fine? and 2. the milk I do take for my shakes, is this messing up my efforts? I normally have that or 2 muscle milk shakes which also has some carbs.

krazylarry
07-21-2011, 11:39 PM
That's 3 meals....
Look into the warrior diet, that is a lot of fasting and feasting.

greemah
07-21-2011, 11:41 PM
No problem if you eat in this fashion. Check out leangains.com